It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to play a game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok...so my wife and I thought about this, and talked about what we would do in this situation. I wanted to share it and see what your all thoughts would be, how you would deal with it, or what you would do

So here is the situation, its morning, you just waking up, have your coffee or what ever you have then. Eat some breakfast, kids hollering, getting ready for school. You turn on the news, still talking about the conflicting words between the U.S., Russia, and China. As your eating and yelling at your kids to stop fighting, hearing your wife/girlfriend trying to get their stuff together, a emergency message arrives on the tv. Nuclear warheads have been detected, and set to impact, Houston, DC, Los Angeles, and Seattle Washington. First on hits Los Angeles, second hits DC, third hits Houston, and 4th hits Seattle Washington.
How would you spend with your family, would you bug out? Would you try to get into your bunkers, run for the hills. Seems like something you can have fun with, to see how you alls reactions would be.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

Wife, take the kids and gather up essentials from around the house. I will run to the garage to gather up my supplies I've had prepared for any type of large-scale emergency such as this. Then, off to one of the seasonal cabins I know of that are frequently abandoned and only have residents a few months out of the year.

Lay low there and await any more developments.

Not much we can do if we get nuked, but better to be out in a cabin than close to my sketchy neighbors
edit on 20-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No worries mate! I live between 3 primary nuclear targets with Russian nuclear subs patrolling not 15 minutes from my house.

If that scenario unfolds the response and counter strike will be the end for everyone anyway with nuclear winter enveloping the globe.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I told my wife, we would gather the kids, small bug out bag, and head towards Montana. My dad lives up in the mountains, and wait there for further developments. And hopefully some governing body remains.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I live in Seattle, so I'd probably just go back to bed.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
Ok...so my wife and I thought about this, and talked about what we would do in this situation. I wanted to share it and see what your all thoughts would be, how you would deal with it, or what you would do
and 4th hits Seattle Washington.

Seeing as how I can see Seattle from my house, I'm thinking I wouldn't have to worry about it.

And this would be my last post on ATS.
edit on 9/20/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How would you spend with your family, would you bug out? Would you try to get into your bunkers, run for the hills. Seems like something you can have fun with, to see how you alls reactions would be.

If you live or work isn a big city, good luck getting out after an emergency broadcast. Everwhichway out of town will be blocked by everyone trying to get out all at once.

More than likely they won't make that announcement. The only proof I have of that is 911. Nobody saw that coming either.

Better scenario is an older movie, Miracle Mile... it would be a miracle if you could get a mile away from ground zero. Language warning...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I would have already left town before that happened, given the heated talks between the three countries you named.

If I was stuck, I'd do everything possible to map out a route (with a paper map) that doesn't bring us too close to either of those hard hit places.

Preferably we'd follow a river which should afford us some clean water (maybe) and something to hunt for food once we run out of our supplies (you can only carry so much, especially with a child to carry too).

I have a much more detailed plan but I prefer not to reveal too much, otherwise why bother planning.
edit on 20-9-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NY doesn't get nuked. not a realistic war...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I guess I'm member #3 to reply so far from Seattle... Traffic is already a nightmare even without an Armageddon type situation , so getting out of town without a helicopter would probably be next to impossible. If I had time, I would get to a good vantage point, perhaps one of several locations on Queen Anne Hill that has a panoramic view of the city, then kick back on a lawn-chair to watch the fireworks. On a positive note, an event like this would help solve the homeless problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Text LimeGreen I would get my family and "essential supplies" together as quickly as possible, I would then already have a mapped out route to a secure location most likely somewhere located near the virgin islands...or if cooler temps is your thing maybe somewhere in Alaska or perhaps northern Canada.I would also like to add during the securing of my house, I would contact as many other friends and family and advise them to do the same......but I would not be slow about evacuating, mass panic would most likely ensue thus making prompt escape to safety non-viable.
edit on 20-9-2016 by AndroidJimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's an idea at the kind of damage we'd be looking at. This is for 5mt weapons which is what is currently in use by China.

Also I think they'd definitely hit New York city

If you want to play around with the variables.
nuclearsecrecy.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Im in Northern Ontario Canada. My city consists of 100,000 ingrates. The next closest city is 8 hours away - Winnipeg, Manitoba.
I live in the country, on a well system. I have solar power for back up juice. Deer and Moose travel my back yard constantly.
There is a pond and a fresh water lake on my property.
I think we would be okay staying at home.
Winters suck here, so it would be a lot of preparing year round for the cold. My main heat source is an outdoor boiler and a 500L Propane tank. It would be a lot of conserving the propane.

Then eventually killing my neighbours for their stashes.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

I like the info you provided, will help fuel the nightmares tonight. I wonder, though, would an "enemy" target Seattle directly at the city center... or... would they aim a bit further south and hit Boeing? Taking out Seatac and Boeing Field would seem like a military target and the Emerald City would just be frosting on the cake... Maybe? I dunno.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm already living in a pretty isolated town on an island in southeast Alaska,
so I think we would just arm ourselves to the teeth and be ready for a Russian invasion, because I would assume that would be one of their first places to attempt to take is the Alaskan coast.
They would want to take back Alaska,
and they would have to kill almost every single person here.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ooohh.. interesting.. I love thinking about these scenarios.

I lived in Cleveland OH my whole life up until 6 months ago.

If I were still there, Id grab weapons, gasoline, supplies, anything I could, and commandeer a boat and take it out to one of the lake erie islands anx set up shop there. Unlimited frshwater.. still on the power grid.. abundant resources.. Id be golden. The winters would suck being in an island lake.. but Id tough that out.

Now im in Phoenix AZ.. in between LA and Houston.. this would be a very dangerous place I presume

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have a fallout shelter at the end of my street. It was built in the 1950's under a school. They closed the school down many years ago. Very few people even know it exists.

During the cold war it was know that my area was to be hit. The local paper reported ground zero was 1 mile away from my house.

It takes 45 minutes for a ICBM to reach the US from Russia and Russia can strike any location in the US from a sub in under 15 minutes.

I don't think the Government would warn us of an impending attack. I think the only warning we would get would be from our media reporting our missile silo's were active.

Personally I'm not sure I'd want to survive such a thing.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you track it down. There was a movie from the 80's called The Day After Tomorrow. It's dated and the effects are cheesy by todays standard but it's a pretty good representation of what surviving a nuclear war would be like.
edit on 21-9-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'd get into my fridge and pray (I'm talking about the largest ones, two people up and one kid in the freezer).

top topics

join