It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Credible" New Source ironically overlaps with indoctrination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Talk about a catch 22

Go look at CNN.com, not one negative Clinton article, and not one positive Trump article. Is that credible journalism?
www.cnn.com...

Go to Fox News, it's a little more balanced. Is that credible journalism?
www.foxnews.com...

Go to

www.msnbc.com...

not one negative Hillary article, and all articles on Trump are hit pieces. Is that credible journalism?

Obviously when you look, headlines do change, but see if that's not what you are seeing yourself.

Then that leads to, what's credible journalism? Honestly, I don't know, but I think the best answer to fight the indoctrination are sites like ATS. Where many people add to a story and you can decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline
I'm sorry the only thing I saw at CNN is that Brad and Angelina are getting a divorce, this is important!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Journalism became a tool of the goverments to control the opinion, to create world-view, to create 'road-map' for humans.
The last bastion of Independent journalism is twitter in a bit. You can choose your journalists and take info from 'first hand'.
MSM is a deep hole of #$%^.

Good example is that during Turkish coup CNN had program about 'Dog's tails'...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I prefer FOX's right-lean, compared to the others, who have completely fallen on their left ear

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

IMO if you get to the site like this, you should not watch TV MSM News never again.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have had many simple questions for Hillary from the first email presser. Not one of those have been answered.
She is heavily guarded. Debates will likely be the only way to shove those questions down her throat. I hope Trump goes on a full frontal assault and never let up. Keep attacking her hard.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Uh, yea......you're absolutely correct and none of it is credible journalism, much less investigative journalism.

The only "news" channel I watch is CNBC, but its all business news; what few political pieces they have are, of course, all pro-HRC. The Bloomberg news isn't too bad, but again, its principally a business and stock market channel.

The rest of it is just indoctrination/propaganda. And if you want DEEP propaganda, try the PBS News Hour.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I'm sorry the only thing I saw at CNN is that Brad and Angelina are getting a divorce, this is important!

WHAT!!! what about the babies?

I am devastated.

But OP, please tell me this isn't news to you. Fox is RW, most others are LW, and nobody will tell you the whole truth, just the version they want you to hear. (it's entertainment)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
With certain "news" stations - Ignore factual reporting and just say "stuff" (you know the term I want to use) that sounds good.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Journalism is dead and one of the blatantly worst is CNN.

They got caught yesterday editing Hillary's statement on "the bombings".

They edited out the first part of her statement referring to the bombings, then go on to ridicule Trump for calling it a bomb.

Anyone who watches CNN for 'news' has been digitally lobotomized.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't think you know what "catch 22" means.

Fox News - Election Coverage

top story?

Who does Hillary find more deplorable - Jihadists or Trump supporters? (anti-Hillary)

below that:

Russian elections strengthen Putin's hand despite nation's economic woes (anti-Putin)
Juan Williams: Hillary finally told the truth. And she had to walk it back (anti-Hillary)

below that:

Liberals denounce the media for not derailing Trump's candidacy (pro-Trump/anti-"liberals")
Trump Jr. draws outrage after likening Syrian refugees to poisoned Skittles (anti-Trump's son but not really)
Karl Rove: When terror intrudes into the 2016 race, it helps Trump, hurts Hillary (pro-Trump)
Bill Clinton hosts last charity event amid election scrutiny (anti-Clinton, Bill in this case)
Terror Threat Clash: Trump, Clinton accuse each other of boosting enemy (neutralish)
Three teror attacks this weekend but Obama, Clinton stick with PC script about migrant terror threat (anti-Hillary)
Trump tax plan may cost $1.5 trillion more than he says (anti-Trump)
Kasich won’t be ‘bullied’ by RNC threat to nix White House bids over Trump snub, aide says (neutralish)
Trump calls for confronting 'cancer from within' amid terror attacks (pro-Trump)
Trump, working the media refs, declares debate moderators unfair (pro-Trump)

That's:

Anti-Hillary - 3 (including top story and #3 story)
Pro-Hillary - 0
Anti-Trump - 1 (his tax plan will cost more than he says)
Pro-Trump - 4

Let's check the others. So far, the biggest credibility problem might exist in the OP.

edit on 2016-9-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Don't go to the NY Times... They've given up any pretense of being objective journalist.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They have to do it or else they don't get access or get paid. If they did their job right they would be arrested or worse like Obama and Holder did to reporters. No tough questions. Keep it simple and don't press for an answer, let them dance all around the issue and smile about it. Take for instance Hillary saying she emailed Bill. Bill said he never sent her an email. So who is lying, it's obviously somebody. Nobody has yet to ask her or Bill that simple question.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

It's strictly political theater for me.. Pro wrestling on a grand scale.
Political news is so much like watching sport center its crazy.
I am not a regular viewer, but i will watch news between commercials and what not.
Also, it's good to know how 'most' people are seeing/thinking about certain situations.
I just call BS way more when I check out CNN, MSNBC, ect

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think you know what "catch 22" means.

Fox News - Election Coverage

top story?

Who does Hillary find more deplorable - Jihadists or Trump supporters? (anti-Hillary)

below that:

Russian elections strengthen Putin's hand despite nation's economic woes (anti-Putin)
Juan Williams: Hillary finally told the truth. And she had to walk it back (anti-Hillary)

below that:

Liberals denounce the media for not derailing Trump's candidacy (pro-Trump/anti-"liberals")
Trump Jr. draws outrage after likening Syrian refugees to poisoned Skittles (anti-Trump's son but not really)
Karl Rove: When terror intrudes into the 2016 race, it helps Trump, hurts Hillary (pro-Trump)
Bill Clinton hosts last charity event amid election scrutiny (anti-Clinton, Bill in this case)
Terror Threat Clash: Trump, Clinton accuse each other of boosting enemy (neutralish)
Three teror attacks this weekend but Obama, Clinton stick with PC script about migrant terror threat (anti-Hillary)
Trump tax plan may cost $1.5 trillion more than he says (anti-Trump)
Kasich won’t be ‘bullied’ by RNC threat to nix White House bids over Trump snub, aide says (neutralish)
Trump calls for confronting 'cancer from within' amid terror attacks (pro-Trump)
Trump, working the media refs, declares debate moderators unfair (pro-Trump)

That's:

Anti-Hillary - 3 (including top story and #3 story)
Pro-Hillary - 0
Anti-Trump - 1 (his tax plan will cost more than he says)
Pro-Trump - 4

Let's check the others. So far, the biggest credibility problem might exist in the OP.

I think you might have missed the point being made, because you were in too big of a hurry to make your own.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The owners of the media probably decided to go with a liberal narrative and then put up Fox as the token opposition. I mean it's not like Rupert Murdoch isn't rubbing elbows with the elite.

At least it's a little bit better than Sweden, here the media is ideologically monolithic and have been for a long time, the only exception being the alternative media.

The cultural Marxist creep..

new topics

top topics

join