It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton to NPR: 'Maybe' Some Money Used to Influence State Dept.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Bill Clinton to NPR: 'Maybe' Some Money Used to Influence State Dept.

Bill Clinton says some Clinton Foundation donors likely gave money in a bid to influence foreign policy while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.

"Well, since we had more 300,000 donors, it would be unusual if nobody did," Clinton told NPR on Sunday.

But the former president insisted that those donations never influenced State Department policy.

"The names I saw in the paper, none of them surprised me and all of them could have gotten their own meeting with Hillary," Clinton said.

"The names I saw in the paper, none of them surprised me and all of them could have gotten their own meeting with Hillary," Clinton said.

"I trusted the State Department wouldn't do anything they shouldn't do, from a meeting to a favor."

click lnik for article.

So an admission and at the same time he is saying if pay for play occurred its the fault of the employees at the state department. This is also a reversal from comments Hillary has made on the topic. It also reinforces the fact she violated the MOA she signed with Obama and it also means she lied to Congress during her confirmation hearings.

I am curious if they are trying to head off any potential wikileaks document dumps on this topic.

ETA -
A good article explaining what occurred in Haiti and how the Clintons made out like bandits. Interestingly enough when the Haitian courts got involved and wanted an audit of the funds Bill Clinton refused to comply saying he had immunity as a UN envoy.

I, Hillary Rodham Clinton: Haiti’s Pay-to-Play IHRC

edit on 19-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why would he even go on the record saying these things? Doesn't want to be the nations "First Gentleman" (is that going to be the coined term for the husband of the Female President?)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Why would he even go on the record saying these things? Doesn't want to be the nations "First Gentleman" (is that going to be the coined term for the husband of the Female President?)

Personally speaking I think it has to do with how the Clintons see themselves. It's always someone elses fault and the laws dont apply to them.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

LoL

Bill is really helping Hillary as of late isn't he.

heh heh heh

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

LoL

Bill is really helping Hillary as of late isn't he.

heh heh heh

Me thinks both Clintons need neurological / psychological screening.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

And guess what will happen? And then who are the idjits for allowing this to happen? I'm still waiting for the account of "missing" $6B while Head of State...

Look no further than the signature of Your post. I bet that list is way longer than a similar list for You and I if We had done the same things? With Slick Bill He can say anything and then someone else will write it off, more "smoke" as it were...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

He will always be known as Mr President alas, first Gentleman just doesn't apply to him, surely?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yeah the 6 billion was "lost" due to the misfiling of "contracts". Most likely to their cronies.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The foundation is under investigation and Bill knows massive corruption will be found.

Bill os just trying to get anead of the media and soften the blow.

The Clinton's have a pattern of admitting to the least damaging offense while denying and trying to cover up their larger crimes.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: More appropriate for the mudpit forum

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

edit on 19/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Famcore's fault

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Is that what is done with traitors,nowadays?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Famcore,

I say this with all due respect;

I am no fan of Hill or Bill. But I just find that way off topic and in bad taste bro..

There are plenty of other angles to break through the clintons glass wall.

We need to start discussing policies, and political corruption. Not how often,or who with, Bill wets his Willy...

Respectfully
~meathead

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I actually appreciate you calling me out on that - I edited my post accordingly. This is not the Mudpit forum, where it would have been more fitting
Thank you Meathead

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

He did say he's sure some asked.
None got.
Is the foundation responsible for what a donor asks them for?

Sounds like just another nothing oh look at those nasty Clinton's stories that seem to pop up daily here.
It's laughable to us now.
No no don't go objecting. Don't throw your oh yeah she blah blah blahed. It's not going to play.
This is more nothing y'all wish were something.
It's really just a joke now.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Much love bro, you know I really do have alot of respect for you! Glad to see its not misplaced.!

These statements bill has been making are important, and telling... I just didn't want to see it get drowned out.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He did say he's sure some asked.
None got.
Is the foundation responsible for what a donor asks them for?

Sounds like just another nothing oh look at those nasty Clinton's stories that seem to pop up daily here.
It's laughable to us now.
No no don't go objecting. Don't throw your oh yeah she blah blah blahed. It's not going to play.
This is more nothing y'all wish were something.
It's really just a joke now.

Ok but this is a very slimy area. He is saying "Sure, people tried to give our foundation to try to garner influence, so we took their money but then gave them no favors." The important thing is that he admits they were trying to get influence, and despite knowing this, they still took the money.

That alone means they can not get upset at people questioning this. Even if he and Hillary did no wrong, they knew these people were trying to get favors, and knew how it would look to everyone else, and yet the still chose to take the money. So enough of their narrative that people are making a big deal out of nothing, they knew the risks.

Secondly and basically off point, but wouldn't knowing how this looked be all the more reason to try to keep your emails hidden?

Lastly, the problem here for Bill is that we see again and again that people that donated to the foundation got ambassadorships, or meetings with Hillary. So in effect what Bill is saying is that he knew some of these donations were to get meetings and ambassadorships, so they took the money and gave them meetings and ambassadorships, but not because they got the money. What a joke.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you for pointing this out, I really don't want to detract from productive conversations, I have the tendency to want to be the "class clown" but I need to work on that
every day is an opportunity to try to be a better me. You have helped me recognize an area for improvement - i needed it.

I woke up at 3:45 this morning and finished my 12 oz. coffee hours ago so I needed a metaphorical "wake up call" anyway

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok but this is a very slimy area. He is saying "Sure, people tried to give our foundation to try to garner influence, so we took their money but then gave them no favors." The important thing is that he admits they were trying to get influence, and despite knowing this, they still took the money.

So slimy a criminal can't trust 'em.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You Sir,

Would get all the stars if I could award them!!

ALL THE STARS!

You have hit the nail on the head succinctly..

Thank you for stating my opinion more eloquently than I ever could!

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<<   2 >>

join