It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to pacify the populace: Lessons on politics and entertainment from 1953 Farenheit 451

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wanted to thank everyone for all of your excellent insights/contributions to this thread. I look forward to hearing more from all of you! This is the kind of stuff that really fulfills me, so thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Beatty's lecture went on for several pages, lol, there was so much good stuff in it.

This is spot on once again, and I feel like, government doesn't have to pacify the people because the people will pacify themselves quite naturally. People are lazy. They don't want to make decisions. They don't want to think.

It reminds me of something somebody once said to me about how 99% of the population will always choose the premade caesar salad at the salad bar instead of creating their own.... because even when they're given options, they're afraid of making the wrong choice. So they decide not to make any choice and choose the already pre-made salad- they let somebody else do the making and choosing. They go with something safe and familiar. They pacify themselves, lol.

I love you.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I love you Lou

Also love making my own salads.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join