It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine is moving from the states if [Blank] wins the election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I left once before and made some great friends with expats in island countries, mainly BVIs. They constantly ask why I stay and put up with the BS.

I don't have a good answer...

The first riots, I'm outta here....

Totally blessed to have options; most people don't...
edit on 17-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The thought definitely has crossed my mind but where is there to go that is any better than here. I guess I'll just stick to Tennessee. Can't beat southern hospitality.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'm actually banned in all other countries.

So I guess I'm stuck here.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have travelled to enough countries to know I like it here and have no intention of leaving no matter who winds this crappy election.

Unless somewhere inside the Hollow Earth is a magical land called Baconbeertopia.

Baconbeertopia is every Sunday during football season. Now them damn liberals are trying to ruin football too.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm kind of ashamed of the candidates we have for president myself. I hope Europeans and Asians do not think I am like Trump or Clinton. I'm not going to move though, I will just go stand in the corner in shame.

Why would they? Do we really all think every N. Korean is like Lil' Kim? Do we think every Russian is Putin, and I think we're all aware that a lot of Germans are nowhere near on the same page with Merkel.

But the Americans will be electing one of these two. It is like our sanity has been compromised because we let people like this even apply for the position.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147 Baconbeertopia.

Isn't that just a synonymous term for Canada?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

No, they put ham on a plate and call it bacon.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I advise your friend to cool off. No better way to do that than to check out the requirements to migrate to other countries, not visit on a visa, but to permanently live there. The coast is clear in a lot of places if they refugees, but that hardly fits in this case. In any case, money and business concerns are what other countries look for in decent citizens. I'm sure your hot-headed friend will be unpleasantly surprised about the requirements that he will find.

This isn't a spur of the moment decision for him. He's noticed a decline in American education, a further seperation of wealth, a failed capitalistic system, poor health care, so on and so forth.

The election is just the tipping point for him.

I've also personally helped him with imagration laws for Canada

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

That sir! Is a lie!

I've actually never even seen "Canadian bacon" (aka: back bacon) being served anywhere, nor have I ever eaten it.

I enjoy my crispy bacon strips just like everyone else in the world... Smothered in maple syrup and stuffed between a Tim Hortons dohnut, topped with French fries and gravy on a beaver tail leather plate served by Justin beiber wearing a red and black plaid shirt while riding a moose.

Good day to your sir! Good day!!!
edit on 17/9/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Dub post
edit on 17-9-2016 by BlueJacket because: damn auto correct

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I love America, Im willing to stsy no matter what...people who would leave, dont have that special native patriotism required of the kind of people I care about.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

That sir! Is a lie!

Is not: Observe:

Canadian on the left, American on the top right, English on the bottom right. You are enjoying AMERICAN bacon, and you are a better person for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Really!? Not gonna say the name? This is gonna be the president that has them ready to leave the country?

America had Bush for 8 years! He has a mental disability! The job of POTUS has been a joke since then. Maybe even from before.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber
Really!? Not gonna say the name? This is gonna be the president that has them ready to leave the country?

America had Bush for 8 years! He has a mental disability! The job of POTUS has been a joke since then. Maybe even from before.

If you haven't noticed, most political topics turn into bashing threads for or against whomever. In order to prevent that, opting to not share the name seemed logical.

This isn't about a particular candidate anyway. I'm just curious if anyone else feels this way as well, regardless of whom they want or do not want as president.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I have travelled to enough countries to know I like it here and have no intention of leaving no matter who winds this crappy election.

Unless somewhere inside the Hollow Earth is a magical land called Baconbeertopia.

Um, wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.
Also Crown Royal, poutine and some decent tunes you probably haven't heard. The Tea Party comes to mind. Our Tea Party is different from yours. If you search I recommend a song called Psychopomp.

ETA: Video:

edit on 17-9-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Canadian on the left, American on the top right, English on the bottom right. You are enjoying AMERICAN bacon, and you are a better person for it.

Actually, the concept of bacon was "invented" in China around 1500 b.c.e, perhaps earlier. America didn't come up with everything ya know!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Ghost147

That sir! Is a lie!

Our bacon is the same as yours. What you call Canadian bacon we call ham.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
But will the new country they move to be beyond the reach of the hidden hands or be just another perception of the hands not existing? 1 wonders?
Something to consider...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Obviously China stole it from the US 3500 years ago!

Thanks a lot, Obama!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would never leave the US or feel bullied into leaving by the likes of some low life politician. Nope, Colorado is my home, and here I shall stay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join