It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we see the afterlife just before we die ? famous last words..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Are You aware that there is an Ayahuasca Retreat in Orlando? You don't need to go to Peru anymore.. I'm thinking of going down for either Thanksgiving™ or Chris†mas™ When it gets cold..

I had no idea that thing was happening in the US. I'll be looking into this now - was it Terrence McKenna who said "All politicians should have to try Ayahuasca 5 times before taking office"? Awesome info, thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Are You aware that there is an Ayahuasca Retreat in Orlando? You don't need to go to Peru anymore.. I'm thinking of going down for either Thanksgiving™ or Chris†mas™ When it gets cold..

I had no idea that thing was happening in the US. I'll be looking into this now - was it Terrence McKenna who said "All politicians should have to try Ayahuasca 5 times before taking office"? Awesome info, thank you very much!

. Are we trying to create philosopher kings that are incorruptible.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is no "we" in this context. There is no "life" and "death" either. There is only living and dying. Both are personal and unique experiences. individualexperiences. "We" don't die. You die. I die. The circumstances that occur at the point of death of the physical body are created as a result of one's past actions. Also the perception and understanding and ability to respond to those circumstances are dependent upon one's own physical/psychological/spiritual/state at the time of physical death. If you have been increasingly dosed up with morphine before death, then obviously that creates particular conditions of perception and experience. If one has died as the result of an horrific accident then again there will be a different type of experience.

There is not really any value in trying to ascertain a common homogeneous process in what is a personal process of experience and evolution. The common process which is of value to understand precedes death by a long chalk. That mechanics of that process is similar to all people but the content is unique to the individual. That process is dreaming. Yes, researchers such as Freud have put forward their understanding that dreaming can be systematized to the extent that so and so type of dream is consistent with all people to mean the same type of repression or whatever, but dreaming itself is a process of self-hypnosis or delusion.

In a way each person dies every night but they return to waking consciousness because the consciousness is still attached to the anchor of the body. Consciousness exists during deep sleep and dreaming cycles in a particular way. When the physical body is no more, then consciousness inhabits the dream body. Then one's reality is dependent on how much one has relied on delusion to affect one's reality in the previous physical life. This is what makes a death a personal experience. We cannot say "we" because "we" is only relevant in a physical context.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Hon, you will see him again......I promise.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Here is the info which I referred:

www.soulquest-retreat.com...

www.meetup.com...

Let me know if Your interest grows, maybe We can get a group discount? I guess just about everyone blows chow so a trip to Boston Lobster™ is out. Last time I just made the 'Early Bird' and established a new high score by eating 9 Lobsters after 3 plates of Oyster Rockefellers

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Συμφωνώ με τον Πλάτωνα
Symfonó me ton Plátona

If Your Greek is a tad rusty it reads "I agree with Plato"... But I'm afraid those who have the philosopher/Sattva personality nowadays would RUN from any chance of being in the corrupt field of politics™...

I'll sit w/Plato and drink wine and eat Dolmas and some squid salad...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If you learned how to cook the dinner he made for you. Then you should make it and bear him in mind the entire time, while getting the ingredients together all the way through eating it.

This is what I do with family or friends that pass, to remember them and honor them in a way that we found special when spending time together... their energy always feels present when doing so. While I may not be able to make new memories with their form... they can be quietly or loudly in the case of music shared with the feeling of their energy for new ones.

In such a way they have never felt separate, except only when I am not doing the activity or activities we liked to share together, and then it's as if they are coming around for a visit or a special occasion.

Sometimes, I get the urge out of the blue for that activity when not even thinking about them, and it's sort of like them calling for a visit.

It's just a feeling that they are there but their body is at ease from suffering and their energy is always there when needed.

Please take the strength that he provided you with in form so that you may feel that energy. It gets better I am very sorry to hear of your loss as you knew him but we honestly never lose that, a little piece of us go with the ones we love and vice versa.
edit on 15-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

My Greek is non existing and I agree with your idea about the philosophers. Thanks for the Sattva mentioning also since it is nice learning the hindu/Sanskrit definition of what I would describe as divine behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Hon, you will see him again......I promise.

Don't make promises you can't keep......you "hope" she will see him again, but you don't know she will, nobody knows.....we all hope.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

This combination is why there are distinct personalities in the expression of being.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Did Sadaam Hussein say those words about IRAQ while he was hanging from a rope with his life-force about to go? If he said those words prior to that moment, it was not a glimpse at "the other side", IMO.

What about Osama Bin Laden... did he say "don't turn on the lights", after he was shot and seconds from death? Sounds more like he said this when the special forces broke into the room, just before they blasted the SOB.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Spacespider

or could it just be Dimethyltryptamine being released in your brain

A place where you trip out of your mind.
That said I wonder if certain plants/tree bark that natives use have a connection with the spiritual world ?.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
When people die their their minds become more subtle allowing greater awareness of their spiritual nature. The death process as believed by Buddhist can be viewed here

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Be happy that your father has escaped suffering, celebrate his life and laughter, don't lament his death.

Best wishes.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and support. It's certainly appreciated. We don't know exactly what's on the other side YET but, while I'm on this side, I'll do my best to celebrate his life that he did have.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A place where you trip out of your mind.
That said I wonder if certain plants/tree bark that natives use have a connection with the spiritual world ?.

I guess if One is prone to "trippin" ... There are "Helpers" who take the role of a Shaman to 'babysit' as You traipse around dimensions.

Ever get over to The Garden Isle (Maui) ? There are 3 places there that will "take You away" I only mention this due to Your 808 reference. There is 1 in Pa'ia; 1 about 1/4 of the way up Haleakala and 1 out on a road out by Kapalua (Lower H Highway)

It is like ingesting Psilocybin, if You're 'traveling w/a friend' if they start to spin off course there is a chance they take You with them but I guess that would depend on what kind of 'Wing Man' You are SO I'M TOLD.

Personal Thoughts- Going to the corner market can be taxing if One allows fear to creep in, Fear Not...

* Your Mileage May Vary *

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
When people die their their minds become more subtle allowing greater awareness of their spiritual nature. The death process as believed by Buddhist can be viewed here

Glend-

Excellent reference. I'd mention that in Your link was 'Death per Sogyal Rinpoche. This is a link to His book "The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying" not to be confused w/the book "The Tibetan Book of The Dead"

en.wikipedia.org...

This book reveals a way to "Escape the Wheel' and what He suggests One does at the time of 'passing'...

Stay Hydrated...

namaste

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

When my mother passed away I was engulfed with an incredible whirlwind of love and concern whilst driving home. I didn't know she had died until that moment but I told her not to worry about me, go to God, and I will join you soon enough. One door closes, another opens.

Thanks for the info JimNasium.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Notice how you said we? None of them are separate from you and neither is any other... form is that boundary if we close it off as a boundary instead of channel it through us... if it seems negative that's the nature of magnetic attraction it will want to bind to the positive... don't bind to the negative but transform that negative and it ceases to be.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I always liked Errol Flynns last words:
"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it".

Kind of the way I want to feel when lying on my death bed. No matter the reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join