It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir John Franklin's long-lost ship HMS Terror found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well this is new and may help some of the historians get the books closer to the truth .

HMS Terror, one of Sir John Franklin's two ships lost in the doomed 1845 Franklin Expedition, has been found in a Nunavut bay. As first reported by the Guardian, the ship, which was abandoned in sea ice in 1848 during a failed attempt to sail through the Northwest Passage, was found "in pristine condition" in Nunavut's Terror Bay, north of where the wreck of HMS Erebus — the expedition's flagship — was found in 2014.
www.cbc.ca...

I still wonder why they were looking for a passage . Did they know that the Arctic was once ice free ?

According to the Guardian, the crew of the Arctic Research Foundation's Martin Bergmann research vessel found the shipwreck, with all three masts standing and almost all hatches closed, on Sept. 3.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Nice find. I remember hearing about the HMS Erebus being found. Francis Crozier was the captain of the HMS Terror, I believe, on the Franklin expedition.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: malcolm913

CBC as it happens has a pod cast interview .

"We were delighted having waited so long!" Martin Crozier, a relative of a commander of HMS Terror, tells As It Happens guest host Helen Mann. Crozier is a relative of Francis Crozier, the Royal Navy captain who commanded the HMS Terror. He is particularly excited to see reports that the shipwreck is well-preserved and that captain Crozier's cabin is largely intact. "He was the brains behind it," Crozier insists. "That's why he was chosen to go up there because he had a vast amount of experience."
www.cbc.ca... ailed-franklin-expedition-1.3758434

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
On the findings of both ships, it should be noted that the locations had been disclosed to the searchers by Inuit, but were ignored, only to find out later that they were accurate.

Which says something to me.

top topics

join