It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - FAO Schwartz Now FAO Schwarz - With Residue, Google Maps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I thought this would make a good post, as many remember the iconic toy store FAO Schwartz.

You might remember it from the movie Big staring Tom Hanks, or you might of lived near one of the branches (the store has since closed).

FAO Schwartz is now FAO Schwarz. There's lots of 'residue' to be found..

Note that headings and captions are spelled one way, while the text spells it another - quickly becoming a common indicator of the Mandela Effect.

New York Post

MSNBC

Including residue in print

Oddly - Google Maps still shows FAO Schwartz!

Aside from the name change, other interesting points can be made.

The name change is similar to Charles Shultz (Peanuts creator) who's now Charles Shulz.

Also, isn't it strange that many Mandela Effects can be tied back to Tom Hanks? Big, Apollo, Forest Gump..

---

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Gatekeeping is not allowed. All opinions are welcome.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on 12-9-2016 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed gatekeeping comments and to add a mod note

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Note that headings and captions are spelled one way, while the text spells it another - quickly becoming a common indicator of the Mandela Effect.

Or an indicator the article employed a 'copywriter' who is a different person from the author?

EDIT: Forgot to add - your memory is wrong. Peanuts author was always Shulz.

edit on 12-9-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

[SNIP]

Such a shame you have to even put this on your post =/

moving on...

I am probably on the side of the ME having some logical explanation. However, this is one of the more intriguing scenarios I have seen thus far in the debate and could even put me back on the fence. (I like to keep an open mind about everything).

Nice post regardless

edit on 9/12/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed quoted material that was removed by staff.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The Monday Morning funnies - Mandela Effect is a terrible buzzword, wondering how long before it dies (if ever)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its easy for the brain to put things into common references.

tons of schwartz's (use the schwartz!)..so, on things not wildly intimate to a person, the lazy brain uses common references.

But yeah, Shulz was always Shulz.

If you believe it to be different, then you are a undocumented dimensional drifter and I would ask you kindly to please return to your own dimension and stop takin our jerbs

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I agree, it sucks to have to put the same annotation on every post - but it helps to take a bit of the wind out of skeptic sails; and makes our conversation a little easier.

I too am a skeptic at heart, and didn't put any weight into the Effect until something changed I absolutely knew to be different.

I had a feeling this one would get more than a few people to take a second look..

Thanks for keeping an open mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It seems to me that its a case of spelling something the way the writer was pronouncing it. I know you say its not a case of a typo or misspelling, but I would need proof of that to entertain that idea. Had there been pictures of the store, with the large expensive store letter lights spelling out FAO SCHWARTZ and not FAO SCHWARZ, I might be more inclined to believe this is an example of the "Mandela Effect"

-Alee

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm not getting into this s...y argument except to mention that what we see here in this mandela business is fittingly asking for the old term "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

How so? The rise of the spell check software found on about all computers today may highlight a capitalized proper name as not being in its inventory, but the common urge of the user is to ignore that red underline on a proper name and not notice whether the word is correctly spelled or not, so it goes off to press. In many cases, to check on the proper spelling of that word would involve going to another program. That move takes time. So, a common Eror has fostered a whole new affliction upon us and, evidently, it cannot be cured, let alone killed.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Keep Calm and use the Schwartz

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Unless my memories were altered, not only has it always been FAO Schwarz, it looks completely and obviously wrong as Schwartz to me.

The "residue" is just uncorrected errors, made by people.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I suggest to stop looking for things that just aint there, it isn't healthy.
As many have pointed out sorry but your and others memories can and are wrong...in fact most peoples memory is wrong.

But I forget the OP is a special one who is not fallible......

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yet another example of the "Mandela Effect" featuring a well known name that is spelled slightly differently than what most people would expect or assume.

How come the ME never changes a name from "Schwartz" to "Jones?"

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
People never do sloppy work and never misspell names. Must be the first case of mass name misspelling ever. Names never get Americanized, updated, or simplified.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why is it when ME threads popup i feel like this...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Or simple editing mistakes that are found all over the place in media.

Also, isn't it strange that many Mandela Effects can be tied back to Tom Hanks? Big, Apollo, Forest Gump..

Maybe it should have a name change to the Hanks effect or Tom effect or Big effect...... you choose, you are the resident expert on this effect.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OP please go to this link and read all the links it explains all the reasons for the mandella effect.
I hope you read it and learn about memory maybe then you will realise your own limits and come to the conclusion most come to it is our brains not a different or changing reality.

www.spring.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mandela Effect is some weak juice.

If I were going to invent an effect like that, it would have the Peanuts strip written by a guy named Dr. Suess changing to Sgt. Schultz.

It is always just a letter or two difference.
Weak.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
How come the ME never changes a name from "Schwartz" to "Jones?"

Ah, but there are at least 2 alternate realities where the concept is true but with different names.

Example: these 2 worlds we have FAO Schwartz is now FAO Schwarz.

With your idea it would have been FAO Jones >>>> FAO Jonez.

Everybody swaps realities every second of every day. The reality that you swap with depends upon a choice you make with every thought you put into action.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Keep Calm and use the Schwartz

Ah,

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if misspelling a companies name in a movie gets you off the hook in paying royalties. Or the name was misspelled because the company wouldn't pay up for the name placement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join