It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer's End [SEWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Summer's End

It really is the end of summer, right here, right now. I can hear the early September wind gusting along the street and the rain is tapping on my windows. I can hear too, the sound of something or other being blown about and am prompted to glance out of my window at my new old car. Just checking. It is a lovely dark shiny green. I have never owned a green car before and I like it. It looks good in the rain.
I always know too, when the end of summer is here. The letterbox on my back door begins to rattle. Not all the time. Just enough to keep me on my toes and give me a start now and then. I will have to tape it up with a little masking tape. I wonder if my neighbours have to do that too. The river behind my home funnels the wind and sometimes it moans and howls. Not now though, not yet, just a little letterbox rattling.

When I was a chid, I loved the freedom Summer brought. Freedom to explore the woods and the parks, the canals and the rivers. Summer was a magical time. The ending of summer was like the ending of freedom. Things change though, as they always do, and during my teenage years summer's end began to represent that freedom. Early September rain washed away more than just the dirt and dust from those city streets. I was free to roam in a new direction....

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That was amazing!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Hey Quantum, you're the man.

Thanks mate

midicon.

Green Honda Civic lol...
edit on 9-9-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Midicon, edit and put your writing status!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
I think I did Quantum.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Very nice. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
Thanks to you too

Regards midicon.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

nice glimpse

a strong magnet could help the mailbox chatter without the taping... an adhesive foam would too.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Hey, thanks big brother, a magnet is a great idea. It was a little glimpse into my life, just having fun really. I was going to write a story, or poem but just opted for that moment lol....
I was hoping it read a little quirky....sometimes my sense of humour doesn't really come across on paper. I have an idea that the next thing I should write is a snapshot of my day and a description of my home. I live a little differently from other people and who knows, some might find it entertaining.

Regards midicon.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Opting for the moment is always a great thing as what could ever happen outside of it?

Your writing style is easy to read as it flows right along and the addition of sensory perceptions and how you relate to their occurrence interesting... I say got for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nice short Tale here! That was an enjoyable read!
Very Well done!
Very Well done indeed!!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks for your kindness SyxPak...

It was a bit short and I should have added more but done is done lol...

Sadly all of that was true...

Regards midicon.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You are Welcome.
Fact can, at times, be better to write about than something fictional...
This is one of those times!!
Syx

top topics

join