It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyguard for Michael Moore Arrested on Gun Charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That's right. A body guard for Academy Award winning "documentary" writer Michael Moore was arrested in New York for carrying an unlicensed gun!

You'll recall that Moore won his Academy Award for the film "Bowling for Columbine", which was a scathing attack on the "gun culture" of America.

In an interview last year with Playboy magazine, Moore called the National Rifle Association a "radical, freaky group." Most Americans are with me on this," he said about stricter gun controls. "They understand duck hunters don't need Uzis and cop-killer bullets."

I guess armed body guards with illegal weapons are OK for Mr. Moore, though.

Moore Article

This incident outs Moore for the hypocrite he has always been.

[edit on 1/21/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That is TOO COOL

I guess personal protection should only be allowed for those who can afford to hire it.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
That is TOO COOL

I guess personal protection should only be allowed for those who can afford to hire it.

No responses yet from the liberals on this one. Guess they're taking Friday off.

Probably suffering from PISS, that's Post-Inauguration Stress Syndrome

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Moore is an $sshole and deserves to get reamed over this. Maybe he will drop out of site over this and we will never have to hear about him again.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Man this really make him look like a jerk for attacking the gun culture. Illegal weapons are fine with Moore only if they are protecting his fat arse.

I know this bodyguard was licensed in Florida and California but that does not mean you can bring your weapon into NYC.

Also this guy wanted to bring his weapon on the plane
who does he think he is a Air Marshal?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another example of fine, "unbiased" reporting by Newsmax...

Does the article mention that this man was not guarding Moore at the time of his arrest or that Moore was not involved?

This man guarded Moore two or three times--he is not Michael Moore's personal bodyguard.

Moore didn't hire him directly--he hired the firm Gavin de Becker & Associates, one of the largest security firms in the country. They not only guard celebrities and media figures, but also provide protective services to politicians, government officials, witnesses, and religious leaders.

I am sure that Moore hired them because of the firms reputation. If one of the bodyguards assigned to him (and I am sure that there was more than one), didn't have a proper license, the blame is with Gavin de Becker. As they were paid hefty fees for the services they provide, I am sure they will be fired & financial retribution made if in fact this man was carrying a gun when he was guarding Moore previously and his permits weren't in order.

Stop distorting the facts--isn't that what you all accuse Moore of doing?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc

Stop distorting the facts--isn't that what you all accuse Moore of doing?

If I agreed with you that facts were being distorted, my answer to you would simply have to be "But it was OK with you when Moore was doing it ..."

You see, you really can't have both ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
In an interview last year with Playboy magazine, Moore called the National Rifle Association a "radical, freaky group." Most Americans are with me on this," he said about stricter gun controls. "They understand duck hunters don't need Uzis and cop-killer bullets."

Liberal here(if I had to choose sides), and Fridays would be nice to have off......

Agree with you but in typical nit-picking fashion, I'm going to mark you down for structure. Quoting a remark about uzis and cop-killer bullets and then stating in the next sentence that Moore's bodyguards carry illegal weapons is invalid. You are implying that the bodyguard was carrying an illegal weapon; he wasn't. He was carrying an unloaded pistol licensed in two states, none of them being New York where the arrest was made. Details, details....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What does Micheal Moore's body guard situation have to do with Micheal Moore? The man has dozens and dozens of people working for him for sure. I am sure it isnt a pre-requesit to be a clone of Mr Moore to work for him. I would guess his employee's were actual, free thinking adults making thier own decisions.

There isnt much irony here guys, as much as you would like there to be. Two different people who are working together, Mr Moore isnt responsible for him.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Isnt MM a member of the NRA? When I seen the movie I seen this, He wasnt saing guns are bad, he was saing stores selling guns to kids was bad. He was going against the companies that sell guns. I never got that he seen guns as bad. Maybe its just me, and maybe you should watch the movie again.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by centurion1211

Liberal here(if I had to choose sides), and Fridays would be nice to have off......

Agree with you but in typical nit-picking fashion, I'm going to mark you down for structure. Quoting a remark about uzis and cop-killer bullets and then stating in the next sentence that Moore's bodyguards carry illegal weapons is invalid. You are implying that the bodyguard was carrying an illegal weapon; he wasn't. He was carrying an unloaded pistol licensed in two states, none of them being New York where the arrest was made. Details, details....

Which makes carrying the gun a crime (i.e. illegal).

Always easy to look the other way when those pesky details get in a liberal's way (depends on what the meaning of is is).

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211[/i

Which makes carrying the gun a crime (i.e. illegal).

Precisely.

Your original post stated: "I guess armed body guards with illegal weapons are OK for Mr. Moore, though." A false statement. Again, those pesky details.....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
When I seen the movie I seen this, He wasnt saing guns are bad, he was saing stores selling guns to kids was bad.

Which company sells guns to kids? Name me a store a 14 yearold can walk into and buy a gun.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

When I seen the movie I seen this, He wasnt saing guns are bad, he was saing stores selling guns to kids was bad.

Which company sells guns to kids? Name me a store a 14 yearold can walk into and buy a gun.

I think it was Walmart.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Centurion, what is the matter with you and Amuk, anyway? Don't you understand anything?

Michael Moore's bodyguard can have a gun, and so can Michael Moore, for that matter, because they know that guns are bad and are they are smart enough to handle them properly.

You and Amuk and I, though, are too stupid to know how to take care of ourselves. If we had a gun, we would probably go out and shoot up a Colorado high school or something, which is why we need to have our guns taken away.

But Michael Moore and his friends are much smarter than we are, that's why it's okay for them to have a gun.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Moore attacked the NRA thus, he attacked gun owners in America. If guns are so evil then why does Moore higher an agency that has men that carries guns to protect him?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think it was Walmart.

No 14 year old can buy a gun in walmart. You have to show ID to buy a gun. That is just MOORE BS

I understand Off the street what could I have been thinking.

But be fair all of us have a right to hire 2000 dollar a week bodyguards so how is it unfair

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think it was Walmart.

No 14 year old can buy a gun in walmart. You have to show ID to buy a gun.

Yes now, watch the movie. For the record I dont remeber the kids age, that they took in to walmart to buy guns and ammo.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yes now, watch the movie. For the record I dont remeber the kids age, that they took in to walmart to buy guns and ammo.

You have had too for years it didnt have jack to do with the movie. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but didnt they bring in an ADULT to purchase the gun to give to the kid?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Check out this link for some of Moores fabrications in Bowling for Columbine.

He is just out to make a fast buck and he is good at it. He makes up lies and liberals believe him and conservatives despise him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join