It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Series 'The Game' - Is it any good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of spy thriller films. Love movies full of deception and trade craft, secret alliances and double crosses. A well made six-part miniseries with all these attributes would be amazing!

Was watching some older stuff on my DVR, and during a commercial break I saw previews for the series 'The Game' and was intrigued- it's a Cold War Era spy thriller set in 1972 England. I see that it's been broadcast on both BBC America and BBC2 in the UK. Has anyone watched the series? Would you recommend it?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you, because i love that kind of series and movies too!
And i didn´t even know about The Game, but now it´s on the HD of my media player, waiting to be watched this night

Do you know any other movies or series of that kind? Maybe there is someting again that i don´t know yet.

The freshest i watched was The Night Manager, but it´s only one season yet.

edit on 4 9 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Check out this, you won't be disappointed

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

I don't know about the game but I'll check it out, did you see Utopia? Now that was a great british conspiracy drama.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I'll check out The Night Manager. Don't really know of any series of that kind. As for movies, I enjoy just about any spy/espionage flick- I thought 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' was good, but I'd watch Gary Oldman in just about anything, the man is a master. I enjoyed 'Sneakers', though the tech is somewhat dated now. I think 'The Good Shepherd' with Matt Damon and Angelina Jolie was a good one also- that delved into the strangeness of the Skull & Bones society also, great for the ATS crowd.

join