It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Story of a homeless man whose life changes after he returns a lost wallet will warm your heart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Stories like this always make me feel there is hope for mankind. There are no security nets in much of Asia... You either work or the children you raised help provide for you in your old age...... or you beg and possibly starve.. This man had nothing.... but by his giving his life turned for the better... Wish it was that way all over the world...

For this fortunate man, honesty has paid off in the most beautiful way.
Thailand has pulled at our heart strings with touching advertisements and tear-jerking commercials in the past, but now there’s a real-life tale emerging from the country that’s warming our hearts and making us reach for the tissues.

The story begins with a 45-year-old homeless man called Woralop, who had nothing but 20 baht (US$0.58) to his name. One day, he saw a business man drop a wallet, and when he picked it up, he found it was filled with credit and ID cards and about 20,000 baht (US$577). Unable to find the owner again in the crowd, he instead went to the local police station, and despite being virtually penniless, he handed the wallet in with everything intact so it could be returned to the person who had dropped it

For those who do not wish to click the link the wallet that Woralop found belonged to a businessman who tracked him down and gave him a job plus free company housing.. Also I am quite pleased the local police did not lift any of the cash.. so good for them too... The article has pictures and a more complete story if you are interested.
en.rocketnews24.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Karma is a wonderful thing.
Both good and bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Also I am quite pleased the local police did not lift any of the cash

LOL

It's really those little things that warm our hearts so greatly

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Scottish Proverb

Do not judge by appearances
A rich heart may be under a poor coat

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When you got nothing you got nothing to lose.

Awww, such warming homeless stories. Or is it a nice rich guy story. I'd like to see rich people give back what they stole from the world, making poor people even poorer.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When you got nothing you got nothing to lose.

Awww, such warming homeless stories. Or is it a nice rich guy story. I'd like to see rich people give back what they stole from the world, making poor people even poorer.

Yeah because all rich people steal from the world.

Why not just leave it at, something nice happened some place and everyone involved apparently did the right thing...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Also I am quite pleased the local police did not lift any of the cash.. so good for them too...

Oh now, you know they only do that inside peoples homes and in alleys or lonely stretches of highway. Station has cameras.

He has company housing now, at least its something. Maybe hes making some of the things I order on Wish.com now.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

pffft... because i read thru it straight away. The 'climax' is rich person is nice to poor homeless person. He should have given all that money and ten times more to homeless, not just given the man a job.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I guarantee it ain't the poor stealing from the rich.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Right because being poor makes you automatically more noble..

Let's just agree to disagree so we don't derail the OT and hope that this story is real and not a setup like so many other similar stories have been..
edit on 3-9-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Just less culpable. Sorry about disagreeing wth you. I guess rich people are really nice after all. Kind of reverse Robin Hood? Only dude didn't get any money. He got a workaday life, rent and utilities. That way he can go on serving the rich people and get fleeced by them too.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Life is not Black and White

Being rich does not mean you are a bad person nor does it mean you are good
The same applies to poor people

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I wasn't applying morals. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. this story is designed to get us believing the poor would get ahead if they just be more nice to wealthy people?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We all have our own way of seeing and understanding things

This could be a made up story I do not know

But even as a story it shows that honesty and integrity are good policy

You could twist it to mean that it is intended for rich people also ... that they should look out for less fortunate ones

Regarding being nice to both rich and poor ... It depends upon the person

edit on 3-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Just less culpable. Sorry about disagreeing wth you. I guess rich people are really nice after all. Kind of reverse Robin Hood? Only dude didn't get any money. He got a workaday life, rent and utilities. That way he can go on serving the rich people and get fleeced by them too.

Nothing to be sorry about..I don't always agree with what you say but I respect that your opinion is just as valid to you as mine is to me..

I just don't want to derail the thread and hope this story turns out true

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fantastic story thanks for sharing. love good news hardly happens these days :-(

We need more people in this world just like him.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Guys probably got him working in a sweat shop for 2 bucks a day 15 hour shifts making fake nike running shoes or fake dildos or something. He'll be back homeless shortly.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Right because being poor makes you automatically more noble.

And automatically more arrestable.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Good for him!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thank you. Amazing story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join