It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson is making a sequel to Passion of the Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I smell Paul... sigh

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Maybe you should check it out, OP, before you start mocking the idea of a so-called "sequel". I look forward to it.

Although I should warn you it's subtitled, so it requires an attention span greater than that of your average Family Guy fan.

The original Passion was a realistic biopic, hence the attention to detail down to the Aramaic spoken throughout the film.

My problem with the idea of a sequel is that there is nothing left of the story of Jesus to tell without fictionalizing some kind of hypothetical storyline.

This sequel is indicative of a speculation beyond the scope of historical accuracy, thus leaving it in the realm of science fiction.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

That's what i was pointing out.
Non corporeal. I'm going to force myself to watch the POTC.
The sequel should be Very interesting. Like you said about details, this is a Huge step.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Somebody help me get my head back on straight. What in the hell is going on here?!

Money.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I pretty much looked at Risen as kind of a sequel to Passion. It was ok. Worth a watch if you're into sword and sandals stuff. And Jesus.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Bigburgh

Look!

I found the first promo trailer for it:

AWESOME LMFAO!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Would that be wife beating & racist Mel Gibson ?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Sprinkle a little anti-Semitism on him and I think you have the guy.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: alldaylong

Sprinkle a little anti-Semitism on him and I think you have the guy.

Topped with coating of Anglophobia

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, at least he has a soft nougat center of homophobia.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

My favorite part of POTC was when they were beating jesus. Which is pretty much the entire movie. Then the credits roll. Great film.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Apparently this is not a Hoax, although it really wish it was.

SOURCE

Mel Gibson confirmed he's working on a sequel to his 2004 film "Passion of the Christ."

"And you know, it's not the 'Passion 2.' It's called 'The Resurrection,'" Gibson told evangelist Greg Laurie at SoCal Harvest, according to IndieWire.com.

Gibson explained that the sequel will focus on Jesus' resurrection.

"Of course, that's a very big subject and it needs to be looked at because we don't want to just do a simple rendering of it — you know, read what happened," the actor added.

"Passion of the Christ" screenwriter Randall Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter that "there's a lot more story to tell."

"The evangelical community considers 'The Passion' the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger," Wallace said.

"Passion of the Christ" starred Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern and Monica Bellucci. It was a box office hit, bringing in more than $611 globally.

Gibson is currently promoting his upcoming film "Hacksaw Ridge." The film stars Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Teresa Palmer and others. It tells the story of a Seventh-day Adventist conscientious objector who was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for his efforts during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.

It is Gibson's first time directing a movie since 2006's "Apocalypto."

I never saw the first one. Although, I was a huge Mel Gibson fan for the original Mad Max series, the Lethal Weapon series, Braveheart, and of course Conspiracy Theory!

I am completely perplexed and bewildered to learn that there will be a sequel to a movie about the life of Jesus Christ...

Maybe I am missing something because I didn't see the original Passion of the Christ, did it not include his resurrection three days after being buried?

Is this going to be one of those 'What Would Jesus Do... If He Came Back Today' concepts?

Somebody help me get my head back on straight. What in the hell is going on here?!

Pentecost and the Acts of the Apostles don't get much attention, but I could certainly see a movie there. Cringe-worthy to call it a "sequel" though.

I've never seen the Passion of the Christ...except for a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? I'm not very keen on Passion plays. I'm not very keen on Bible movies, in general. They're usually over-acted and that's to say nothing of the "sexy Jesus angle"...

I tried to watch the Roma Downey thing a while back. Between ninja angels dressed like Roman soldiers and almost every male character sounding like a throat cancer patient/Batman impersonator, I couldn't take it.

I consider myself a Christian, but I prefer Life of Brian.

Particularly the ex-leper scene:

Ex-leper: "Half a denari?"
Brian: "there's just no pleasing some people..."
Ex-leper: "heh, that's just what Jesus said, sir"

"a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? " Huhh???????????????

What movie did you watch SisterDelirium? It wasn't 'The Passion of the Christ."

I think WeirdGuy and SisterDelirium should hookup.

youtu.be...

Googled that for you...

I think I was channel surfing once and caught that portion. I thought it was weird.

But, as I've said, most Bible movies are weird to me. The source material doesn't lend well to film. Some things just need to be read. But, whayever's clever. Each to their own.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jokerzwild
I pretty much looked at Risen as kind of a sequel to Passion. It was ok. Worth a watch if you're into sword and sandals stuff. And Jesus.

www.imdb.com...

I actually almost want to see that one. But I'm not into swords and sandals. Why are those sword/sandal movies always so....shouty and over done (ham acting)? If they'd tone it down a bit it'd be far more watchable. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!!

The suspense of what happens next is killing me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm gonna ruin it for you anyway.

He comes back and then a bunch of people take his s*** out of context for the next 2,000 years and make a mess of things.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Though i'm agnostic, It bothers me to watch. It's still in a plastic casing.

The plastic makes for easier cleaning, there was a lot of blood in that movie

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

this should be interesting... but one must ask, how many times can Jesus be crucified in a Sequel.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I am a christian but this the Last Passion was so powerful that even a person of no faith would have found it moving, the most realistic depiction of the story of the crucifixion ever told.
And the making of the movie was almost like something out of the old testament in many way's, plagues of deadly snake's, being struck by lightning among other thing's.
www1.cbn.com...

I assume this will be probably a story about the experiences of one or more of the apostle's in the early day's after the resurrection, probably leading up to one of the martyrdom's.

I find Mel Gibson to be a spectacular director (Far better directing than acting I have to say but that is based on one movie) and look forward to hearing more, anti semitism aside that is as I am part Jewish and feel an obvious affinity with them even if they do not feel it with me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I am a christian but this the Last Passion was so powerful that even a person of no faith would have found it moving, the most realistic depiction of the story of the crucifixion ever told.

How so?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

"a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? " Huhh???????????????
What movie did you watch SisterDelirium? It wasn't 'The Passion of the Christ."

Naw, there was someone carrying around a creepy baby that was grinning at Jesus as he was being beaten.
Never knew why the devil would delight in that since it was supposedly Jesus' crucifixion that screwed him over. But there is a lot about the story that doesn't make any sense.
edit on 2/9/2016 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join