It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing PrairieShepherd

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Anchorage was a guess - there aren't that many places that far north that would have IT shops - I guessed you don't take a bush plane into work, though I suppose it's possible...

Never much of a Priest fan - I did hear a funny comment by Dennis Miller once about censorship in rock'n'roll that referred to them though:
"If your kid is capable of being pushed over the brink by anything Judas Priest has to say, you're not doing your (expletive) job as a parent!"

BOC had a really unique sound - good stuff. And Rush was a trip - Neil Peart was amazing. I didn't have too much hard rock in my collection. Pretty sure Rush is in there, some Pearl Jam, Guns'n'Roses...that might be it. I'm more of a sucker for female singers - Sarah McLachlan's a favorite, Norah Jones has more musical patience than singers 3x her age, even Alanis Morrissette has some entertaining stuff. Ah music - so much to get lost in.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Yes you did pretty good well done.

I'm not Maori but I am a kiwi.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Welcome Prairie.. like the name!
I loved the Wheel of Time series myself!
I don't post a lot because I can't seem to put thoughts into words well (artist- haha) but I love reading all the great threads here, there are some really brilliant members here, and it's almost always entertaining. (been dull lately - with all the political stuff lol)
Have fun on the boards!

edit on 1-9-2016 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Kiwi!! When I looked up what the phrase meant, and it came up with NZ, I thought to myseif, "Shep, there's a nickname they call themselves down there. Now what is it?" Couldn't come up with it though.

a reply to: Starcrossd

Thanks Starcrossd! I thought it fit.

Any favorite moments in WOT? I found the first five books to be some of the best fantasy I've ever read - particularly the battle at Emond's Field in The Shadow Rising and the history of the Aiel in the glass ter'angreal in The Fires of Heaven.

At one point in my youth I fancied myself as someone who could draw, but then I saw the work of people who could really draw & I was firmly disabused of that notion...LOL

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, you just got my attention.

Normally I haphazardly reply to an Intro thread that I haphazardly landed on and thought, go for it...say hello...

Seldom am I impressed enough by what someone has posted elsewhere that I click on the name and follow the crumbs...and if I find an Intro...pay dirt!

(that was a compliment).

Something you said here, stands out:

I have a great love of epic fantasy fiction

Oh boy, check out the Shed, if you haven't done so. No invitations are required. Just show up and make your presence known. You can satisfy your writing desire in bits and pieces. You just never know when a simple word can change a life.

Cheers to you...I'm glad you're here...and others are too. They just don't know it yet.

Fishy

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I'm glad you found my intro thread - I just read your intro from February, I believe. You have quite a story, ClownFish. Thank you for the compliment - I did take it as such. Also, I replied to the other thread if you haven't seen it. I'm always a little nervous responding to threads that touch on beliefs and spirituality - I don't like to offend people or be inaccurate, plus tone & inflection are so very hard to convey on a message board.

Interesting you mentioned the Shed. It was partially stumbling on one of those threads that i decided to do an intro thread. I think I was following Night Star's "bread crumbs", as you put it.

Cheers to you...I'm glad you're here...and others are too. They just don't know it yet.

You are a sweetheart - thank you for this, it is touching.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Took Me a while to get here to join the Ranks of Welcomer's to ATS.
So WELCOME TO ATS!!
Enjoy the Ride! And remember, "It's just a Ride..."
(Bill Hicks quote. My He live forever in Our hearts and Minds...)

<< 1   >>

join