It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump now promises 'quite a bit of softening' on immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: kaylaluv

Before, now, and forever hereafter ..he is not able to command concisely and has no business being there..he has learned how to be a politician though.

He is a candidate for president.

What are your qualifications? Record corrections?

Seriously guys, let's deny ignorance here...

You are telling me with a straigt face that you want 8 more years to go downhill with Obama the 2nd?

I would really like to hear your argument, beacuse the polarization is nuts, I feel like I'm in a gd boat with a bunch of people.

-only those people have a s@^% eating grin, as they walk into the bilge with cordless drills in their hands, saying "don't worry racist"

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I didnt believe him to begin with. Of course. There will be no wall, no mass deportation...it was all talk. Before it could happen...he would be long out of the presidency. It would be the costs, time involved, and the effect of the American economy that will prevent it.

We dont have enough manpower to roundup, coral, ship out and process 11,000,000+ illegals. Didnt anyone figure out how LONG this would take to even work? Apparently...not many.

The younger 1st and 2nd-perhaps 3rd time voters are cheering and waving TRUMP signs because like many of us...believe its what we need and he/she can make it happen. Lets see....

1. The manpower to enforce? Nope-dont have it.
2. The cost? Nope. We wont pay for it and neither will Mexico or any other country.
3. Deport and remove? Nope. They would kill sooo many American businesses it would devastate our economy for the little guys(us).
Ok. So NOW?

Kids..listen. "Beware of False Prophets, soothsayers and fortune tellers". Anyone who says only they have all the answers, know more than any military leaders...and promises, promises promises to....

Thats a perfect description of the Anti-Christ who will become a great leader and guide the people into a false sense of security...then? *

*And NO....Im not voting for or supporting Madam Secretary either....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So instead of indiscriminately rounding up all illegals and shipping them off he is now going to leave alone the good hard working ones who contribute to society.

Yeah what an idiot, who could ever think something like that might work or be beneficial for their country

Doesnt seem like that much of a change to be honest, you get rid of the dregs and drains on society and leave the others alone, end result is the same if not better than his earlier stance on deporting them all.

And even if he has changed his mind or "flip flopped" at least hes doing it prior to people voting, I vaguely recall something about bringing all the troops home being a big promise made by the current head honcho, howd that work out again?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't want to have as a president someone who is clueless. He doesn't know what he's doing and he's hiring all the wrong people to help him. I would absolutely be embarrassed to be a citizen of our country with this goober running things. He may know real estate and he may know reality tv, but he doesn't know squat about being leader of a powerful country.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I agree with everything you are saying including the hidden Hitler issue.

Do you agree that the media is pushing the 2 options only, and they WILL influence the gen pop to the point a 3rd would be lost and win it for Hilary?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don't want to have as a president someone who is clueless. He doesn't know what he's doing and he's hiring all the wrong people to help him. I would absolutely be embarrassed to be a citizen of our country with this goober running things. He may know real estate and he may know reality tv, but he doesn't know squat about being leader of a powerful country.

What we call countries these days have more in common with corporations than anything else.
A business tycoon used to getting things done is a much better option than a career politician only interested in maintaining the status quo

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, America is not a corporation and isn't/shouldn't be run like one. It's MUCH more complicated than that.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

What we call countries these days have more in common with corporations than anything else.
A business tycoon used to getting things done is a much better option than a career politician only interested in maintaining the status quo

That's kind of one of the big differences between liberals and conservatives.

Conservatives think our country should be run like a corporation...Liberals don't.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I respect your stance, he is a booger.

But he is a little bit past the real estate flipper level.

You generally don't become a millionaire+ without understanding the concept of teamwork.

He runs a massive network of people.

His success has been built.

He had a leg up from his dad's success, which is also chastised in this success shaming country.

Politicians have done nothing but sell us out.

Maybe his will to be successful will make the US profitable again?

I don't know, the whole system is rotten to the core anyway, at this point, what does it matter?

Maybe Hillary would be beneficial in that the whole damn thing will reset faster.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks...Ive been voting since the NAM days...and you know what the one thing that has gotten worse?

The media...all of it. If one digs deep enough..youll find companies of companies where our candidates either owns a part of, invests in or has some other interest in.

Mr. Trump was born rich and made much of his $$ in real estate (buildings)....and when and if there was ever a wall to be built? Guess what when the other country wont pay?

And guess who will either own or have interest in the building of said "wall"? It aint gonna happen anyway...but people...especially the young...are blind to history.

We were screaming "WAKE UP AMERICA!" 50 years ago..but they are still sleeping.....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So what do "liberals" think the country should be run like?

Im not a huge fan of capitalism or corporations but accountability and a strict adherence to rules and regulations (laws) seems like a fairly good start for running a country from my perspective

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, America is not a corporation and isn't/shouldn't be run like one. It's MUCH more complicated than that.

No its not

Like a corporation its not 1 person doing everything, tasks and duties are delegated and looked after by "experts" in that field.

The idea of a corporation is to make profit, change the word profit for prosperity and at the end of the day there is very little difference between a country and a large corporation in terms of how its run

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Nikola014

He made his "softening" comment this morning on Laura Ingram's radio show.

Do you know who Laura Ingram is??? She isn't an anti-Trump media person.

She is very PRO Trump.

And you perfectly display the problem Trump is having. You listen to his speeches, and you hear one thing. Others might not listen to his speech, but here him on the radio, and he says something else.

I'm sorry your candidate is flip flopping, but you shouldn't bury your head in the sand and deny it is happening.

The problem with one of the basic premises of your topic here is...if you listened carefully last night...Trump said exactly the same thing he said to Ingraham this morning. Let me summarize for you:

1) A wall will built to control illicit traffic in both directions (drugs, weapons, cash and people)
2) Catch and Release will be stopped...all people crossing illegally will be returned to their Country of origin
3) All criminal illegal aliens will be deported...whether or not their country of birth wants them back
4) All foreign gangs will be rooted out and destroyed (domestic too hopefully)
5) A modern tracking system will be introduced to ensure that people with temporary Visas leave the Country on time
6) All illegal immigrants who want to continue to live in the U.S. will have to leave the Country and then come back in again
7) A "highly efficient" reentry-application processing system will be implemented
8) Once things have stabilized, they will figure out the best way to deal with the illegal immigrants who chose to try to remain without exiting

The potential "softening" possibilities will occur in items #5-#7.

Whether or not you, or anybody else, thinks this approach will work, or is feasible, is another matter.

But to claim that he said something different to Ingraham today, versus what was in his speech last night, is just to admit that you did not pay close enough attention.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Which is kind of ironic given their supposed worship of our founders. You may as well go back to Monarchy if you want to privatize everything.

ETA: Of course he flip-flopped. He will, several times a week on everything in his platform. The man is a walking parody.
edit on 9/1/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

So his "softening" is what...tracking VISA holders with chips? And then kicking out hard working families and making them come back?

Yeah, sounds really compassionate.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Which is kind of ironic given their supposed worship of our founders. You may as well go back to Monarchy if you want to privatize everything.

ETA: Of course he flip-flopped. He will, several times a week on everything in his platform. The man is a walking parody.

It would be entertaining to watch Trump make a fool of himself all the time if he didn't have so much support from some of our fellow citizens.

But the fact that a large chunk of society loves him just makes it sad instead.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I do think that most voters who typically vote GOP will vote for Trump but as far as actually supporting him and this sick worship we're seeing? It's a small bunch with big mouths. If he manages to actually win (lol), he may infect others but only til everything he implements blows up in our faces.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, of course most GOP voters will hold their nose and vote for Trump...but there won't be the same passion. Trump better hope November 8th isn't very cold in the north or that there isn't a late tropical storm in Florida...because those voters will stay home.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

In his recent Speech on Immigration , Mr. Trump Speaks The Hard Cold Truth about the State of America Today in the Year 2016 . and if the Seemingly Brain Dead Morons in this Country Somehow Don't Get the Obvious Meaning of that Speech Yet , then they should do the Rest of Us All a Favor and just Meet their Maker Already . This Country is just getting So Tired of the Useless Eaters that are not Offering any Contribution to the Advancement of American Society , and like a Cancer , are Slowly Eating the Very Fabric of our Democratic Republic Away .
edit on 1-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

In his recent Speech on Immigration , Mr. Trump Speaks The Hard Cold Truth about the State of America Today in the Year 2016 . and if the Seemingly Brain Dead Morons in this Country Somehow Don't Get the Obvious Meaning of that Speech Yet , then they should do the Rest of Us a All a Favor and just Meet their Maker Already . This Country is just getting So Tired of the Useless Eaters that are not Offering any Contribution to the Advancement of American Society , and like a Cancer , are Slowly Eating the Very Fabric of our Democratic Republic Away .

So if someone doesn't agree with you...you wish they would just kill themselves.

That's a nice sentiment...thanks for your contribution.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join