It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton pulling away in Pennsylvania up 8 points

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I live in Bucks County, PA, right outside of Philly. Our county is touted as the most important swing county in the state. Literally, I know of no one who supports Hillary here. The reason she leads is because of Philly proper, which consists of 55% minorities, 80% Democrat and a population of 1.6 million to Bucks County's 626,000.

I can honestly say I haven't seen one Hillary yard sign in my travels in the immediate area.
edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: xuenchen
"" Clinton pulling away in Pennsylvania up 8 points ""

among Democrats !!

Yea! I live in PA and I see way more PRO Trump stuff than Hillary. That's even with the Progressive Stazi spitting on people and beating them up for supporting Trump!

CTR FTW!

Just to add for anyone like the OP who failed to look at the sampling from the link PDF?

Self-Reported
33% Republican
27% Independent
41% Democrat

Seems weighted to me doesn't it? roflmao

Real life is weighted in similar proportions.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I'm in PA, and I can tell you for a fact that Trump yard signs outnumber Hillary by 500:0, how's that for a poll?

Anecdotal evidence is not very good for a poll.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What a shame.

Having Hilary as President would be a big setback for America.

The USA was #ed whoever won.....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It is hard for me to imagine anyone in their right mind voting for Clinton. There is a perfectly sound alternative for progressives in Jill Stein (Green Party).

Perhaps the various whistleblowers will —in the style of the release of the Pentagon Papers— drop the motherload of leaks revealing information that no self-respecting Democrat can deny ... even in Pennsylvania.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I'm in PA, and I can tell you for a fact that Trump yard signs outnumber Hillary by 500:0, how's that for a poll?

but it's not anecdotal, it's observational.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yes, observational is most of the time anecdotal.

www.dictionary.com...

based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation: anecdotal evidence.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't put much stock in polls. half the time people say what they think you want to hear. We know the Clinton's will do everything they can to rig the upcoming election. People think Trump bad or unfit to be our President, have they bothered to research the Clinton's at all. At least Trump doesn't have Americans blood on his hands like the Clinton's do.

I haven't heard one good reason to vote for Hillary or why we should trust her. My only guess as to why anyone would vote for Hillary, they what the system to crash that much faster.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

You forgot to show how the respondents were about 25% more democrats than republicans.

DEMOGRAPHICS (weighted) Self-Reported
33% Republican 27% Independent 41% Democrat

www.monmouth.edu...

There's a reason they hid that in the linked pdf.

Not only did they poll far more democrats, but in

2004:
2.9M democrats and 2.8M republicans voted

2008:
3.3M democrats and 2.7M republicans voted

2012:
2.9M democrats and 2.6M republicans voted

in PA. I suggest the 2008 gap is due to 8 years of Bush and Obama the rockstar running for election. He was the hottest celeb around. 2004 and 2012 however are more the norm.

But this election everything points to record numbers of republicans turning out to vote and quite a falloff of democrats turning out to vote. And that was pre-Bernie dropping out. It'll be even less now as the left is divided with their own Never Hillary crowd.

So going by the posted poll by the OP and if adjusting for who's ACTUALLY likely to turn up to vote, Trump wins.

Another attempted thread to stump the Trump ends with it being a clear positive for Trump.

MAGA.
edit on 31-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The so-called support for Hillary is so weak, that if there are too many clouds in the sky, or the wind is chilly, her "supporters" won't bother going to vote, because the lines will be long...with excited Trump supporters.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I live in the middle of one of the most liberal parts of the country in CA, and I still haven't seen a single Hillary sign.

Anywhere.

Seriously, where are all her supporters? Bernie supporters are easy to find. For me this increases the likelihood the leftist controlled MSM is twisting the polls so when she and her henchmen attempt to rig the election at the polls(which we all know is more than possible) the national uproar won't be what it otherwise would be.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Re: www.usatoday.com...

"The Monmouth University telephone poll was to 802 registered voters, of whom, 689 were likely to vote. The margin of error for likely voters is plus or minus 3.7 points and for registered voters is plus or minus 3.5 points."

WHAT? A poll of 802 registered voters gets nationwide attention? Any of us could call 802 registered voters over a week's time.

How accurate was Monmouth in 2008/2010/2012/2014? A poll's historical accuracy is what we need to know first and foremost.

Around Chicago, all I'm seeing are well-kept OBAMA-BIDEN bumper stickers. I don't think people wash their cars much in these parts.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Drive around western pa and all you will see are trump signs . I think there are like 3 Hillary signs, and two are at the teacher's union's headquarter.

If there are Hillary's supporters, they are keeping it on the down low

Population density matters.

Drive around any rural area and you will see Trump signs...add them up and weigh them against the population of Philly or Pittsburgh or the capital Harrisburg (Who Trump said looked a bombed out warzone while speaking there).

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

www.dictionary.com...

based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation: anecdotal evidence.

Why dismiss it?

It could also be a fact.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nigel has some insight...

www.cnn.com/2016/08/29/politics/nigel-farage-praises-trump-rally/

www.cnn.com...

This plays out bigger and bigger every day.
edit on 31-8-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Not chance Trump has strong support in PA

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

www.dictionary.com...

Why dismiss it?

It could also be a fact.

I dismiss it because we have other measures that were scientifically conducted.

Trump is losing in PA...I don't care how many signs you see.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I was called by a pollster and asked my age and ethnicity, when I told them I was a middle aged white male they told me I was not qualified for the poll and hung up.

< - - - Voting Trump in Pa.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I live in the middle of one of the most liberal parts of the country in CA, and I still haven't seen a single Hillary sign.

Anywhere.

Seriously, where are all her supporters? Bernie supporters are easy to find. For me this increases the likelihood the leftist controlled MSM is twisting the polls so when she and her henchmen attempt to rig the election at the polls(which we all know is more than possible) the national uproar won't be what it otherwise would be.

This is a good sign for Trump. All her followers are complacent in the fact that the lib MSM keeps reporting how far ahead she is in the polls and the all-important swing states. This will mean all her unemployed sycophants who hope to see a third term of Obama will be too busy worrying about finding Pokemon than going to vote Nov 8th.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

www.dictionary.com...

Why dismiss it?

It could also be a fact.

I dismiss it because we have other measures that were scientifically conducted.

Trump is losing in PA...I don't care how many signs you see.

Please do tell the statistics and metrics used in the scientifically conducted polls..............like disqualifying middle age white males from taking part?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join