It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is red liquid ‘bleeding’ from this Antarctic glacier?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Why is red liquid ‘bleeding’ from this Antarctic glacier?

Because its the blood of the eath, its hurt.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Bloody nonsense, with respect.

This is not a recent phenomenon. This stuff has been under that ice for eons, since the caps formed in the first place. This planet has been through cycles of warming and heating before, and yes, many species which were around during these upheavals have been lost to the ground beneath our feet. But we are not those creatures. We can mitigate and survive like no creature which came before us. We are capable of surviving anything but the total devastation of our planet by either massive cometary impact or nuclear fallout of staggering size.

Other changes than these are gradual enough that we can protect ourselves from them, and given that these changes, no matter how they came to pass, are happening, that is what we should be concentrating on.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The most common cause of colored snow is the growth of algae. One type of algae, Chlamydomonas nivalis, is associated with a red or green snow that may be called watermelon snow.

chemistry.about.com...

That's why. Thanks to the global warming, I guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Looks like that stuff that causes parts of the ocean to turn red. It's pretty rare. It's also deadly for fish. Over a period of months off the gulf coast of Florida there was a huge black glob spotted in the ocean in Sattelite Imagery. It was watched closely and monitored tip it finally dissipated after a huge storm. The giant section of pitch black ocean was a mixture of what causes the ocean to turn red and also decomposition of plant and animal life all in one massive group floating through the ocean...visible from space even!! Finally after a huge storm nature diluted that "No man's land" for any kind of fish.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Funny--it IS what I thought, and it's probably because I already knew about this from it being around for a decade or so.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The article you linked states Iron in reaction to the oxygenated air, iron oxide / Rust.
I would have guessed Algae or trapped Red Tide if you will.

Thanks for posting. S&F👍

Was waiting to see if anyone would post this.

Yes it looks a bit "gruesome" and "scary" but mother nature doesn't conform to our mores and norms.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

We're all gonna die!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've seen pictures of Blood Falls before, it's cool as hell! Alarming if you don't already know what the process for the redness is, though.

originally posted by: Konduit
Reminds me of SCP-354

Color me extremely intrigued. Little-known RPing deal?

<< 1   >>

join