It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed could see up to 100 more C-130Js ordered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The USAF has opened up a potential 100 aircraft order for C-130Js, for both the US and through the Foreign Military Sales program. Under the Five Year Ordering Contract, Lockheed received a contract for no more than $10.02B, under an indefinite deliver/indefinite quantity system. The Air Force has a requirement for 172 C-130Js, 131 AC/MC/HC-130Js, and they order for the Navy and Marines who require 104 KC-130Js.

Last December the Air Force announced an order for 78 C-130Js through 2018. It included options for 10 more aircraft, five for the US military and five for the USCG. The FYOC also includes repairs and upgrades for aircraft under the Multi Year Purchase.

Lockheed Martin could deliver up to 100 more C-130Js plus services and support equipment to US and foreign customers under a new contracting vehicle awarded on 19 August.

The five year ordering contract (FYOC) accommodates orders placed by international and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers, the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) tells FlightGlobal.

The contracting vehicle also could include new orders from the US government, the AFLCMC says.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

An IDIQ for a possible 100 C-130s. In 2016. What an incredible aircraft.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

It's the Energizer Bunny of transports. It just keeps going and going.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The do more than 'fuzzy bunny' duty.

Gunship variant

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
IMPO its the finest damned aircraft ever built.

Buck

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-8-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

A gentleman who I used to do computer work for who unfortunately has since passed was one of the chief engineers on the C-130 project. Out of all the different aircraft & space related projects that he worked (and it was a ton, just about every one lockheed built) that was his crown jewel. That man had seen some amazing things and I was always very cautious not to ask him certain questions out of respect for his inability to answer them legally. I wish I still was able to come over to his house to reconnect his internet & set up his printer, if nothing else for the incredible stories he would tell me. Something like "someone was flying some sort of special mission out of the near east and a specialized part broke. Well they threw me on the next plane out there part in hand and I got a nice little week's vacation in the field." RIP J & thank you for everything.

new topics

top topics

join