It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss says CSeries shows "much higher" reliability than competitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The first month of operations with the Bombardier CSeries has shown "much higher" reliability for Swiss Air than the A380, A320neo, and 787. They won't give hard numbers until they have five aircraft of the type, operating for 3 months. They have yet to hit the 99% number that they want, but they are pleased with where it's at.

There have been a few minor issues in the first operations, including a delay to the first flight, but nothing major has cropped up. They said they are working with Bombardier for a few cabin tweaks that may delay delivery a few weeks, but both passenger and crew feedback has been "outstanding".

business.financialpost.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All I know is that twice now I've schlepped over the Pennines in the dark to photograph it's 8am arrival in Manchester and been greeted with an Avro 100 instead. Pretty plane, pretty annoying.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
A320neo

From what I understand, a car being sold for scrap metal could also have "much higher" reliability than an A320neo right now.

I'd venture to guess that this high reliability is the cause of a direct correlation between brand new jets and high dispatch rates, combined with Bombardier throwing everything they have at this to make these operational numbers look as high as possible.

join