It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not think there will be an Olympics in 2020.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wasn't really sure where to put this, so if need be, feel free to place it in the proper forum, no worries.

I do not think there will be an Olympics in 2020. I think that with all the instability in that region that it is just a matter of time before the powder keg explodes. China, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea and Japan are all heading for disaster and our military and the Russians are going to be heavily involved in any war that occurs.

This is going to happen sooner than later, I predict because of the insistence of North Korea and their posturing with regard to missile testing. They just sent one test in the direction of Japan.

UN chief says N.Korea missile launch 'deeply troubling'

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - North Korea's test-firing of a missile from a submarine towards Japan is "deeply troubling" and undermines stability on the Korean peninsula, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Wednesday. The UN Security Council scheduled urgent consultations on the latest test-firing, at the request of the United States and Japan. The emergency talks are to be held around 2100 GMT. North Korea is barred under UN resolutions from any use of ballistic-missile technology, but Pyongyang has carried out several launches following its fourth nuclear test in January. Ban said North Korea had carried out the launch "in defiance of the united call of the international community to reverse its course."

No. I do not think the Olympics being held in Japan will happen, nor do I think they should, this situation and the unstable nature of Fukishima are enough to halt it. Would you want to be anywhere near there? Would the nations of the world want their athletes exposed to these dangers?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I hope for the Christmas this year that is all. 2020 is far away.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I didn't watch a minute of the games.

God bless anyone who can enjoy them, I hope they continue the tradition though. Just not my cup of tea, but they will hold them in Japan, why not didn't the best athletes in the world just swim threw raw sewage?
edit on 25-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath for any synchronized swimming come 2020.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Watching paint dry is more interesting than watching people... jump.. and ugh, swim, and throw things. Although japan 2020, Maby we will be able to see some of the athletes glow in the dark, especially the swimmers.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

By that time the radiation problem in Japan will drown the problems that Rio had with its various waters. Japan will be so radioactive by that time that major portions of it will be absolutely deadly in radiation. Tokyo is being effected as we speak but as Brazil wanted the Olympics (and probably lost their ass in the money side of it if not the bad PR side) so Japan will continue to put on the happy face regardless.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty firmly anti-olympics now after learning how everywhere they go the rob the people of the nation hosting them through taxation with all the money going into the hands of the corrupt officials and corporations, leaving many countries destitute and destroying their economy for years. Not to mention leaving seats unfilled rather than letting the poor people they robbed ten times over that can't afford tickets take up those seats til filled to capacity.

Seriously # the Olympics.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Watching paint dry is more interesting than watching people... jump.. and ugh, swim, and throw things. Although japan 2020, Maby we will be able to see some of the athletes glow in the dark, especially the swimmers.

lmao, couldn't said it better

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can see it now..

"floating island of plastic/rubbish in the Pacific ocean 2024 Olympic games!! Whoo !!! "

"the island of Dr. Moreau 2028 summer Olympics!!"

~meathead

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I think you're on to something and I really have to wonder after the Rio fiasco what the future of the Olympics is.

Don't know why but the Rio Olympics made me angry; it was like a political event, all staged against the backdrop of a broken nation. And many of the athletes seemed just plain creepy. I cringed when I watched the US team ham it up in the opening ceremony. They were utterly tasteless.

Then we get the stories of the muggings and the whole crappy behavior of the US swimmers at a gas station and the lying.

Frankly, I'd be all in favor of their cancelling the Olympics going forward until they can find their moral compass and put the politics aside.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I supported "NO Boston Olympics" because of the negative impact and lack of Benefit.

I'd like to see the Olympics return to once every 4 years, Summer in Greece (Historic) Winter, Swiss Alps, and keep it like that instead of wasting money on stadiums, housing etc.

Too many Fat Wealthy Pigs involved these days, all they care about is money. (as usual)
edit on 25-8-2016 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
One can only scream DOOOM so many times before it just becomes, "doom....meh". Still jaded about 2012.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What about the South Korean Winter Olympics 2018?

I think if anything was going to happen KJU would want a world wide audience. But then again he is praising the submarine launched missile (Aug. 24) so... maybe sooner rather than later?

edit on 25-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It'll be fine. They can just move it to Fukushima, Japan.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Look at the article I just found - you are ahead of the authors here - nice work!

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks for sharing.

top topics

join