It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insterstellar Travel - Is it possible? Do ET's do it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I raise this idea in my following response to this post by darkspace, but was curious about what other people think about this (thus the new thread) as a very real and inevitable possibility of interstellar travel, and might it be that when you get there, that there is also some sort of "Prime Directive" that prohibits colonization of inhabited worlds or corresponding high moral law which the discovery of the new physics produces, because that would be the only way to explain the Fermi Paradox in light of evidence of extraterrestrial, interstellar travel, or we would not be here as we are.

a reply to: darkspace

To me this brings to mind alien space travel and the reality of the UFO phenomenon whereby some UFO are intelligently controlled ET spacecraft from other worlds.

If interstellar space travel is possible, then they must have, or we must, come up with a localized loop-hole in the standard model of physics that in some way suspends it or transcends it, allowing the intervening space to be folded or warped in such a way that it is not necessary to travel through it at either sublight or at light speed, or even factors of light speed as in "warp factor 2-9". It must be instantaneous in other words.

If alien interstellar visitation is a fact, which it most assuredly appears to be (here I would cite the Pheonix Lights UFO as a prime example), then such a loop-hole must exist, and also apply in terms of localized anti-gravity and inertial fields (their flight capabilities allowing 90 degree turns at high speed velocity without any acceleration or deceleration). Both modes of travel I purport are in some way linked together, since both equally violate or appear to violate the laws of physics as we know them and both of which appear to exploit gravity.

I believe or suspect, and I'm no physicist but also trust my instincts and evaluative skills based on whatever can be deduced, that it directly involves a whole new physics of quantum gravity, and in particular a type of field that can be generated within that scientific/technological paradigm, whereby a localized spaceship can in effect trick the universe into thinking of it as a photon of light. There's no other way than for it to just pop in and out of a mapped field, mapped in order so that you can get from here, to there.

That same map of the light/gravity field of the universe, could (would) perhaps be performed by a quantum computer, if you knew what you were entering as parameters, which the universe itself would provide via some sort of corresponding sensory technology, say by extrapolating from the effects of a such a field - would also be predictive, in terms of specifying precisely where in a particular galaxy, earth-like worlds would be positioned.

If the rumors are true that there are about 60 such species visiting the earth using varying crafts utilizing essentially the same form of technology, then it would be fair to conclude that such planets are exceeding rare and that, since there is no intervening "space" that they are travelling through, it's highly probable that they are not merely interstellar travellers from within our own galaxy, but interGALACTIC travellers where the probability of an earth-like world is 1 or less/per galaxy on average or exceedingly rare, given the type of earth-moon-"sun" and solar system configuration required for long term, stable, evolutionary growth and development unto a sustained technological age, or perhaps some may destroy themselves before they reach the holy grail of physics and then proceed to chart and head for the stars. Oh what a momentous occasion that would be for each world's civilization, to make that final leap into the universe to further evaluate and survey its many wonders, including planet Earth.

Back to the technological loop-hole. Time dilation would not pose a problem in such an event, so it's not like waiting for light to get to us, or is it? There's a paradox in light particle theory, a whole host of them as everyone knows, but one is that, from the POV of a photon of light, the time involved in making the journey was and is instantaneous, since as light, time and space and causation is suspended. Light is transluminal.

Therefore, once you know and understand the true nature of the quantum gravity unified field, and it's map, a field is generated that allows the localized ship to apparently suspend the laws of physics and assume the higher dimensional perspective wherein such travel becomes possible, and in effect become a "travelling" photon with coordinates in the space-time matrix to pop in at, then reverting to localized here-to-there speeds, while using some sort of inertial and anti-gravity field that appropriates other elements of the same set of "higher" laws of physics.

Quantum Gravity Unified Field Theory.

Which would presume that we do not know the first thing about gravity, mass and inertia, in spite of the theory of relativity.

And if SOME of the UFO's are in fact intelligently controlled, extraterrestrial spacecraft, then another field is awaiting discovery, a unified field theory, which carries with it a map of spacetime, of the whole thing including all the galaxies, not as they were, but as they presently ARE, in real time.

Our science is looking at the wrong map, a map of ancient history as we wait to collect the light.

When that other universe, the present day one, opens up to modern scientific inquiry via the discovery and measurement of this new field, then humanity will be unleashed upon the universe, which would also suggest that we are probably under a quarantine!

edit on 22-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I personally believe it is possible. However. i think we need to go interdimensional by creating a bubble around the "vessel" which is used to travel. According to my theories regarding the multiverse is that all universes intersects each other and continuously in predictive motions , yet hidden from each other within a larger "bubble" similar to a ball of liquid mercury (fluidic time)(Time is not linear). the Mapping to get from A to B is another matter. not sure how that would work or how to achieve that goal safely. (this is my personal "theory", and i have no evidence or proof at all) Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

It may not be possible for humans with a hundred year life span but for a race of Aliens that live or millennia - quite possible.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm also thinking "bubble" but in particular a light bubble, since only light is transluminal/instantaneous but capable of movement at the same time, but there's no time distortion of any kind as it's the same now here and everywhere that you are moving within. Time has been dismissed in other words as irrelevant within this context and photons are timeless, spaceless entities.

There's still a "medium" of sorts though in the form of the zero point field, yet they are unlikely to be "teleporting" or discorporating and recoporating on the other side, so yea, a bubble. But the bubble, from this perspective wouldn't be a bubble at all from that other dimension, which would share it's bubble with the whole field while selectively choosing a particular location to "land" at, so within that bubble would be a map of the whole field, perfectly accurate as a sensory reflection of that same field held in a quantum computer,. which has it's own unique properties as it relates to the multi-verse, and absolute computational power, instantaneously. Their ships are surely computer controlled and assisted at the localized level. Flying for them is a no brainer.

Therefore, I predict that the theory of quantum gravity will also map the entire zero point field of the universe via some new sensory array that has nothing whatsoever to do with radio spectrometry, which was like being given glasses to look into the receding past.

The telltale sign then, that we are on the cusp of this new technology (although it would appear that there's nothing really new under the suns), would be a new set of glasses that allows us to look directly at the universe as it is, not as it was. New glasses!

If I were a brilliant kid genius, that's what I'd plow my life's work into. Quantum gravity and the measurement of the zero point field.

Free energy would be a byproduct though, and the oligarchs can't have that.

Some day.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

For the coordinate map, you wouldn't necessarily have to map the whole universe, but could choose locations according to a certain set of predefined parameters known in advance to be suitable places to visit.

It would be like flipping a switch and the computer would do the rest and then there you'd be the very next instant.

They know their solar systems and how to navigate around celestial bodies and their worlds, but it would all be automatically adjusted and assisted control, so it would be super easy once the technology has been worked out.

Each Civilization probably has their own version of Einstein while we're awaiting our next one still to complete the puzzle and gain access to the stars and planets.

It would be precise and mathematical though, so it wouldn't really violate the laws of physics, just one that we haven't yet accessed. It would be computable, in other words, or how could you possibly navigate the stars to a precise location?

I guess my point was that you wouldn't need the whole map to take the right road within that domain if you know what mathematical question to pose the computer/navigation system. You'd have to really trust the computer though not to get it wrong!

I guess this thread ought to have been made in science fiction.. but the question of whether it will become science is still a possibility.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

you may be right about the instant travel bit.
I invite you to read the thread in my signature to get some glimpses

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here's a very interesting article by physicist Bernard Haisch.

Brilliant Disguise: Light, Matter and the Zero-Point Field

wherein as it turns out, the equation for motion F=M/A was somehow derived from mathematical calculations on the zero point field!

perhaps herein lurks the theory for quantum gravity that also involves an inertial field capable of thwarting the standard law of motion..

I think that's where the answer lies, in an amalgamation between a new physics of quantum gravity and a better understanding of the zero point field, or the same math that they did, but with some as yet undiscovered math that reconciles relativity and gravity with quantum mechanics.

We're almost there..

edit on 22-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
If alien interstellar visitation is a fact, which it most assuredly appears to be (here I would cite the Pheonix Lights UFO as a prime example)
That was likely a group of planes, so if it's a prime example of anything, it's that eyewitness testimony is unreliable. People "connected the dots" or lights and thought it was a UFO but since the lights changed position relative to each other they weren't part of a solid craft.

NASA is investigating the possibility of warp drive but it's a long shot. It would be great if it was possible.

Dr. Harold "Sonny" White - Eagleworks Laboratories: Advanced Propulsion

edit on 2016822 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

It may not be possible for humans with a hundred year life span but for a race of Aliens that live or millennia - quite possible.

Soon enough aging will be able to be stalled or reversed I am sure. Humans will be able to live forever.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

till he time you adhere to GR, there ain't gonna be no warp drive regardless of what sonny white from nasa says. that eagle works is a sham spending tax payers money while clinging onto GR. the sheer audacity of it defies all logic. Sooner they see the futility of GR, the better for the tax payer

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Faster than light travel only requires one thing, the inversion of gravity. That being said, I have to say I enjoyed the read and concur with the OP's setiments.

You crack anti matter you have FTL. You have FTL you could theoretically travel forward in time, but only locally.

For instance you could travel to a star having a supernova watch that in real time in close proximity, then ftl back to earth and watch the same event 50 years later since that super nova happened to be 50 light years away.

Fun things to think about.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I was going to type that this would 'prove' Your thoughts on time being fluidic. (I read that bit in the 'Ask a philosopher' thread...) but saw that You addressed that.

If time were indeed 'linear' then that would cancel the old adage "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it..." but it also explains the "Mandela Effect" and then that would ruin all the 'Mandela Effect' threads.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

remember that everything moves at high speed through space, so if a craft comes to a complete stop in space, everything else would move away from "you"

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I was going to type that this would 'prove' Your thoughts on time being fluidic. (I read that bit in the 'Ask a philosopher' thread...) but saw that You addressed that.

If time were indeed 'linear' then that would cancel the old adage "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it..." but it also explains the "Mandela Effect" and then that would ruin all the 'Mandela Effect' threads.

Only if the "mandela effect" is caused by timetravel. but i'm not gonna open that can of worms in this thread

fluidic time

probably better articles and scientific papers out there, but haven't slept in over 42 hour atm, so my head is starting to spin a bit

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe put that into a different perspective, what has Mankind achieved in technology in the last two centuries ?, what is possible in the next two ?, ten ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
YES

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Albercurrie drive concept seems to offer up a solution of sorts, need better meta materials and a source of power(possibly fusion) before we attempt to design, build and eventually launch any vessel or probe that utilises such a propulsion method through.

en.wikipedia.org...

We probably are not sufficiently advanced technologically speaking to attempt such a feat just yet but 50-100 years down the line that may significantly change.
edit on 22-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The only unlimited source of fuel for an interstellar craft, that can achieve speeds up to the speed of light and beyond into the superluminal realm --- is starlight photons --- And since photons can travel at the speed of light, a zero point mass, such as a magnetically shielded starship, that has a micro-mini black hole propulsion unit onboard could possibly expel collected starlight photons at 65% the speed of light --- With the starship increasing speed, exponentially squared, easily up to the speed of light and beyond into the superluminal realm.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would like to think that it's possible. I mean, look at what we as a species have achieved in a relatively short span of time.

From horse-drawn carriages to cars to flying planes to craft that land on Mars and further.

I could imagine people never thought man could fly - and we did. Or break the speed of sound, and we did.

Interstellar travel (ie: how it's depicted in films) is yet but another barrier for us to breech. And we will. Sadly, probably not in my lifetime, but i genuinely do not see how we can't.

So from that perspective, if ETs exist, I would suspect they have achieved this as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Could it be possible that UFO's are not interstellar visitors but interdemensional aliens?

It's an interesting hypothesis. Just started reading Jaques Valle, 'Dimensions, A Casebook of Alien Contact.' Just finishing up the first section, it's been a good read so far.

Interdimensional Hypothesis

The interdimensional hypothesis (IDHor IH), is an idea advanced by Ufologists such as Jacques Vallée that says unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related events involve visitations from other "realities" or "dimensions" that coexist separately alongside our own. It is an alternative to the extraterrestrial hypothesis (ETH).[1][2][3][4]IDH also holds that UFOs are a modern manifestation of a phenomenon that has occurred throughout recorded human history, which in prior ages were ascribed to mythological or supernatural creatures.

Who really knows, they could be traveling through space, just to visit our pale blue dot...or maybe they're from someplace else entirely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join