It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just random often dangerous thoughts on Rights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We have the right to vote. And every election, everyone pushes for everyone to vote. We urge everyone to exercise their right to vote.

We, on the other hand, don't encourage everyone to exercise their right to own a firearm. We don't encourage everyone to own a firearm. We never have a firearm drive, we don't see celebrity endorsing people to go out and buy a firearm. In fact, there are those that tr to inhibit people from owning firearms.

Two different rights.

Are rights not created equal? Isn't the right to express oneself just as important as owning a gun or voting?

dailycaller.com...

After reading the above article, it got me thinking. We really don't treat rights equally.

There is no "equal rights". (hahahahaha)

There are people who like some rights, but not other rights.

They don't recognize that all rights are important.

Anyhow, just some Sunday evening pondering.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No and it gets even sticker.

There are some people who will fight for some rights when they apply to certain groups but not fight for that same right when it applies to certain other groups.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Well I have a right to go around spewing hate speech, but I don't need to exercise it.

It's all about context and how these rights fit an individual.

I never needed a gun. I never needed to vote. They're equally unneeded to me, and equally available if I change my mind about either.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes, but some people will tell you that you have no need for one of those rights, ever.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Rights aren't obligations, they aren't granted by the government.

The freedom to not exercise your rights is just as important as exercising them.
edit on 21-8-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Rights are dumb, bunch of combulated and overlapping rules that contradict each other, anarchy is the only system that works.

I'm sure everyone here will defend my right to say it.

Rights are so fake that every country in the world have the right to declare martial law and void all individual rights.

They are just the illusion of freedom and fairness your masters feed you.

You got no rights when it matter the most, because none will care for you when they are in the line.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Points for proposing we have gun drives to celebrate our rights though :-)

We can hold 'em next door to the blood drives

edit on 21-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Anarchy is only a temporary state before a big balled mofo declares his authority and enforces it with followers. It can never truly exist perpetually. But I certainly support your right to state as much. Ho did that Anarchy look in Milwaukee the other night? Is that the kind of environment you would prefer??

Now that would just be tops! I would love to see the latest selection of Springfield Armory pistols after a nice donation. I just donated last week, and man, now I wish there really was a gun drive right next to it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Strong person or corrupt politicians, sounds like Trump vs Clinton, you all Trump supporters are anarchist too

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No, rights aren't treated equally at all. Nobody seems to notice we don't actually have the right to assemble. You can only legally protest if it will automatically be ineffective. If a thousand people are mad enough to spend a day blocking all the streets to, say, Exxon's headquarters, for example, they should be allowed to do that. But that's an arrestable offense. I recommend reading "a people's history of the united states" it's long and probably a bit leftist for you, but it will show you how little freedom we have and for how long we haven't had it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The only rights we have is just being alive, for now.

All rights have a law.

Rights say you can own a gun, law says yes, have it legally and don't kill anyone etc,,Rights say free speech, law says yes, as long as it's not harmful to others well being or racist etc.

The problem with Rights is those elite people that made those Rights in the first place,,we are all human so Rights only apply to ones mind not who made law of all things to keep us quiet.

Am i right or wrong? whose right is it to say?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

If you don't believe you have rights, then you've already lost.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Encouraging everyone to get peacefully involved in their community (by voting or organizing or volunteering) really isn't the same thing as encouraging everyone to go out and buy a dangerous weapon that can kill people.

When celebrities do that, they aren't so much pushing a right as they are pushing getting involved in your community.

top topics

join