It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Google Maps Replaced Palestine With Israel - West Bank And Gaza Strip Gone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well my time line must have been difrent I remember thus being called Sumaria. I know I just didn't make that up. And I have seen it several times on map so why did Google maps change it?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"Palestine" has never been a country. Google maps only put it on there to display their antisemitism. Eventually they knew they would have to remove it since it was false.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ahh, ok. Thank you. Probably just an unclosed italic bbcode.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Or maybe the open italic tag jumped from a different timeline and thought it was a closed italic tag?

That's it! Mandela Effect is confirmed for me!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

How do you know they fabricated it, aren't you assuming?

LOL really? Back in March they created a petition to add Palestine to Google maps. If the name had been there, that petition wouldn't have been created. Which means the Gaza group statement comdemning Google for removing the name is a total fabrication created to rile up people. It's not assuming, it's logic.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Logic says they would make up that it used to be there, just to get themselves represented on a map - vs just petitioning to be represented?

That doesn't seem very "smart".

Do you have something against them?

Why can't you accept they said it was there?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Agartha

Logic says they would make up that it used to be there, just to get themselves represented on a map - vs just petitioning to be represented?
That doesn't seem very "smart".

It was actually incredibly smart as the petition went from 'unheard' to recieving almost 300,000 signatures.

Do you have something against them?

Only a twisted person would turn my logical answer into a personal dislike of Palestinian people.

Re-read my others posts here and you'll see that I've said 'My personal opinion is that Palestine should be added to the maps'.

Why can't you accept they said it was there?

Oh I accept they said it, but just to revive the petition to Google and not because it really happened.

The name was not there, hence the petition was created.

If the name had been removed, the petition would have been 'Reinstate the Palestine name to Google maps'. But it's not and it never was. The petition has always been 'Put Palestine on your maps'.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: tiredoflooking

And yet it wasn't ever there according to those who made the maps...I am pretty sure they would know.

Tell you what show a google map that had it on there and you might have something...I will wait.

You do know ME is something started in 2010 by a paranormal investigator as a way to capitilize on peoples gullibility. It isn't real.
Well sometimes ppl seem to find evidence of certain items that aren't changed but that's not my point. I'm not saying I do or do not believe it is happening ...my point was people who claim it is affecting them have clear memories of things that are now changed. So if it is happening , which I feel is not really my place to "correct" what other people feel are their true memories, then there would be no evidence

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Double post error

edit on 24 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

edit on 24 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
Noone was even trying to point out a Mandela Effect here, it just became obvious by itself. What did I just say in another thread.

I don't know, what did you say?

This post is about the 280,000+ people that say a label was there, and is not now. ..and Google saying two labels that should be there aren't now.

The glitch has been fixed and the two labels are back.

The 'Palestine name was removed' was started by a journalism group in Gaza to revive the original petition that was created in March but had been barely noticed by people.This is the group: Link

That's why people started signing it and it doesn't mean almost 300 thousands believe it was removed, it's all marketing really. Marketing and politics.

My personal opinion is that Palestine should be added to the maps, but those who have actually read history know it was never there but I will admit being wrong when somebody answers me this: when was Palestine founded and by whom? What were its borders? Which one was its capital (of Palestina, not State of Palestine)? Can you name me Palestinian leaders before Arafat? Was Arafat a Palestinian?

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
Ok no. This is the whole point of ME. Almost 300000 ppl say it WAS there but history shows it wasn't. That is how the ME works.

Yep, it works just like religion: God is there but you cannot prove it doesn't exist.
ME has become another tool to confuse and scare those more mentally vulnerable, just like religion (and yes, scare, many here on ATS have said they are scared and worried about this).

Hmm mentally vulnerable... I don't know if I really believe or not (God included). I am constantly amazed by people who make claims to the discredit of others beliefs or in the case of ME personal memories! I think there is a new, or not so new, effect in action around all of these subjects that is "the God Complex effect" where people claim to know everyone else's truths better then they themselves! Even to the point of suggesting people who disagree with their amazing knowledge and absolute all knowing powers over everything in the world...ME, religion and even politics might just be "mentally vulnerable" 😈

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
Hmm mentally vulnerable... I don't know if I really believe or not (God included). I am constantly amazed by people who make claims to the discredit of others beliefs or in the case of ME personal memories! I think there is a new, or not so new, effect in action around all of these subjects that is "the God Complex effect" where people claim to know everyone else's truths better then they themselves! Even to the point of suggesting people who disagree with their amazing knowledge and absolute all knowing powers over everything in the world...ME, religion and even politics might just be "mentally vulnerable" 😈

LOL what you call God complex I call 'deny ignorance complex'.

I stand by what I said about mental vulnerability, due to my training and experience. I met people who were financially abused by psychics, prophets, pastors etc. They all had one thing in common: they wanted to believe in a higher power that was going to make their lives better (or more interesting in some cases). Unfortunately they would do and would believe anything that would resonate with what they were looking for spiritually, and that made them vulnerable. And vulnerable people are easier to control, which is what most religions are about. The Mandela Effect is becoming another religion which is making some youtubers very rich.

Many ME believers, even on this forum, have said thousands of times that us skeptics are asleep, that we have not awaken like they have, that they are special and only they can see the truth, that they are chosen.... I'd like to see what you call that. If that's not God complex then I don' t know what it is. But, funny enough, I haven't seen you talk about those posts (plenty of them on the Mandela and religious threads).

And it's really upsetting that Nelson Mandela, who didn't die in prison and came out to become president of South Africa and destroyed Apartheid, is now being remembered for this unprovable phenomenom that has people blaming Satan or a jump of dimensions instead of their own confusion or lack of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Can we admit that there is no Mandela effect relating to this particular thread and move on? Ya think?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
280,000 pissed off people never thought to take a screen cap of what ENRAGED them?

Is everyone a sheep these days? Everyone?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

lol no...

A large corporation with the Effect on one side.

280,000 people Effected on the other side.

Can we admit there's something wrong here?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Utter silence in the face of reason.

The ME is real, we all should be getting used to it by now.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

The reason most of us have "gone silent" is because the "ME'rs" refuse to accept it can be ANYTHING else apart from a made up fantasy to avoid being normal.

Seriously. What's the point of even debating with anyone who just says "no it's not", "not in my timeline" and whatever else, even when perfectly normal, rational explanations are given?

It's like arguing with a 4 year old on the validity of Santa Claus. Complete pointless as they just put their fingers in their ears and go "I'm not listening! Lalalalalalala!"

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I'm not wanting you to be silent - I would appreciate a more respectful tone, but not silence. Your input assists me in my goal.

I've never said 'I refuse to admit I'm wrong' - you've said I think that way though..

..but you're assuming. I'd challenge you to qualify my never admitting to any wrong thinking...

..but all you have are posts where I know I'm right... which you'll use to say I'm wrong.

..That's a lack of understanding the ME.

You sir, are guilty of using circular logic to back yourself up.

(boo)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Your threads go silent because there isn't much to talk about in them after a while.

It's because they go like this:

ME Person: Blah-blah is not how I remember it, there for the universe has changed/I've traveled to another univers-alternate timeline, etc.

Yes People: Yes! We believe! We will believe it all!

Skeptics: Why should the reason be some very extraordinary reason? Can it not be a simple explanation of not correctly remembering something?

ME Person: No! It must be what I said, and no proof of any kind is needed! ME affects only the mind, and it is real. Nothing you say can change my mind.

Yes People: Down with the non-believer! They lack faith! They can never understand!

Skeptic: Never mind (goes and finds a different thread where they can actually have a discussion where there might be real, tangible evidence...or it might not be.....).

All the "Yes People" have chimed in with their faith in the subject, that it is completely real and exists (because without any proof at all, that is all it is: faith), so they are done.

The skeptics bow out because they know no mater how much they try to show that the OP might be wrong on this subject, the OP refuses to even entertain the idea (and they call the skeptics "closed minded", tsk-tsk), so what is left to discuss?

So yah, crickets. Discussion killed. Why argue with someone who will not even entertain the thought they might be wrong and it's just them not remembering something correctly?

People would have better luck getting a very religious person to admit there is no God.

In the end, nothing changes. Doesn't really mater what color Hitler's eyes were. He was still a mass murderer. An actress not having braces on is not going to change the world in any way. Ford's logo is not going to cause any huge breakthrough on anything thing, and a children story author's name spelling is not going to break the world.

Land masses in the wrong place would cause HUGE climatic differences on this planet (something most ME people go...."uh....er......uhm......" because they claim that those land masses were in different places....yet the climate was the same.......does not compute.

People's bodies being completely different: I'm still waiting on a news headline that some surgeon killed someone because when they went to operate on the body, they didn't remember correctly where everything was.

Until there is some actual real proof that is tangible enough to have an actual discussion on it, right now ME is nothing more than people making up stories to explain not remembering something correctly.

It is nothing more than a story that people have to have faith to believe in (or people who are willing to believe in anything), and in the end it will result in threads that die, because there's nothing left to discuss in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join