It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s Planning A Massive Sea Lab 10,000 Feet Underwater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
From Futurism.com

China is planning to build an enormous underwater lab for research purposes; however, the country notes that "it will carry some military functions."

Of course it will. I'm willing to bet this is going to start causing an underwater arms race. China is very rare earth element hungry(most of the world's titanium deposits are underwater, for instance). They have to expand an economy of more than a billion people. The next frontier for them is going to be underwater mining operations. They will eventually have the technology to do it, and they will probably be looking to exploit underwater deposits of REE even some as far away as Antarctica. In some cases they may be able to do it without detection at all.

Something like this could really affect the balance of power in the world and start a whole new cold war...

...or it could be like this:

edit on 19 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Whilst I'm no fan of China over the south china sea and related rhetoric, I am a fan of science. Good on them hopefully this spurs a under sea race similar to the space race. There is nothing more inspiring to see a great nation like the USA, Russia, China or other. Come together to achieve something no one else as has done to gain a advantage or simply because they can.
hopefully it is only our knowledge is the only thing that escalates through this latest endeavour.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hmmm.....So, ironically, James Carrion (former Mufon director, left on bad terms) makes a big deal about this clip in the newspaper in 1947 found here, ---as he thinks it's proof that Roswell was a giant PsyOps on behalf of gaining Russian intel.

The only tenuous links he has to support his case is, 1-announcing a 'secret weapon' which isn't any conventional weapons, and 2-the above newspaper clipping.

It's ironic, because while trying to convince people UFOs are a mad made, wartime fabrication, (projected mental images?) looking into that interesting claim will inevitably lead you to James M Snodgras & the illustrious career he had with SCRIPPS, frankly, an organization I'd let slip under the radar. In fact, there's a lot of reasons to put a closer eyeball on that, and other water-based agencies. Including (but not limited to) the strange deaths associated with SCRIPPS workers...seriously, Oceanography is serious business, and... dangerous or something. Not in the ocean, but when you are back on land, getting bludgeoned to death.

Anyway, it's been awhile since I read into that. Snodgras was in New Zealand when Roswell happened I think, the paper clip is about a month before, mentioning a 'secret weapon' & Carrion thinks its psyops. That everything is psyops & UFOlogy is broken because of frauds. When he left MUFON he made sure to make an outgoing on the members. His rant was, that Bigelow ended up with security clearance, as did someone else, and they didn't disclose this or something. Whatever. Blah blah, ra ra.

1-Carrion shouldn't talk, he was in intelligence, came to Mufon, conveniently, numerous fraud/hoax cases pop up, then he gets to walk away disgruntled speaking about 'corrupt MUFON' & 2-He's simultaneously pushing, "there's no such thing as UFOs they just cover up real secrets"---tired line. If anyone comes off like disinfo, it's him.

Snodgras' history with SCRIPPS is available (well, most of it)...

The accession consists of 38 cubic feet of papers of oceanographic instrumentation engineer James M. Snodgrass who served as head of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Special Developments Division from 1951-1974 and was responsible for the design and development of oceanographic instrumentation at the institution. Snodgrass also deployed oceanographic insruments at sea and is credited with designing the first generation of electronic oceanographic instruments. The accession includes some early correspondence documenting Snodgrass's education and early career. The accession includes professional correspondence, subject files, manuscripts and slides for lectures, laboratory notebooks, photographs of instruments, calendars, tape recordings, films, and project files including material documenting the Integrated Global Ocean Station System (IGOSS).

So, thanks to Carrion I did look into the new claims he made. I realized they were pushing his singular agenda, and the wild unseen link of UFOs maybe being a "secret weapon", nah...not with how it was handled later, during, and since. However, it sure does lead one to question why so much secrecy around SCRIPPS and what kind of programs do they have down there, running under the water.
edit on 19-8-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This is just belligerent and antagonistic politics from China.

They'll build in an area of tension and concern, and most likely where another country has a more plausible and legitimate claim. The South China Sea is not Chinese and their behaviour is bullying and inappropriate to smaller and weaker neighbours.

If this was really about science then it would be built elsewhere.

The isalnd building programme of China in the South China Sea has been an ecological disaster, not to mention the political rammifications.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Something like this could really affect the balance of power in the world and start a whole new cold war...

It's never really bothered us and we lost our dibs on the moral high horse some time ago. Same goes for the Russians when they intruded on Ukraine and same for us with the anti-ballistic missile shield in Eastern Europe. East and West are boots down in the Middle East which, as ever, can be regarded as a partial proxy Cold War.

We're all doing what suits us and being aghast at the recklessness of other nations.

As it should be and has always been

It's funny; I think a lot of people past their 30s have grown up expecting us to have undersea bases and populations. Yet here we are and the oceans are being over-exploited for stocks, but not so much by human occupation.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

In a lot of respects, technologically speaking, the environment 10,000 feet under ocean is far more hostile than space/low Earth orbit.

Fact is through that 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored. These REEs can and will have to be mined at some future point, so it looks like humanity will at last have to explore the final frontier aka the deep ocean.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And this sea lab will be operational by 2020 . . . . Hahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

Might already have build the place or be in the process of doing so through. 2020 could just be when the admit the existence of such a location.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Might already have build the place or be in the process of doing so through. 2020 could just be when the admit the existence of such a location.
Dude, it was a joke. SEA LAB 2020? The old show? Phück, I'm getting Old.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh right the old Sea Lab from the 60s, my bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Good call with sealab2021. I saw the thread title and knew I could fit it into a post. You beat me to it.

Well good for China. There's still a lot of life to be discovered and resources to be extracted. Game on!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Considering that the sea lab will have to withstand about 4,500 psi, how do they plan to build and supply it?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
DARN!! someone beat me to the sealab 2021 joke!

ZZ top needs to perform "under pressure" when they have their grand opening.

Oh and HEre comes the Great new Cold war. Seaquest might not be so far fetched now huh?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Considering that the sea lab will have to withstand about 4,500 psi, how do they plan to build and supply it?

Your right though at 10000 ft in sea water you would be at 4477 psi. However this isn't completely acurate you actually have to get depth measurements from the location. As it will vary this is thr simple math answer however water density isn't included in thr calculation the deeper you go the water density increases. And you also have to include temprature of all thr layers above it it can increase our simple equation by as much as 20 percent.

Now as far as China building a sea lab at this depth won't happen this would seriously stretch the current state of human technology. Building something small to handle thus depth easy enough just need to make a a very thick buble with no seals and you make thr escape hatch lock in place the deeper you go thr more secure it becomes. Building a station entirely another matter the seals won't hold. There is no way to supply the station thr moment something attempted to dock the station would be crushed by the deferential in pressure. You can't send oxygen down resupply food. There is only one way I can think of pulling it off and that would be to breath an oxygenated liquid. But that would be a very uncomfortable experience for a crew not only is breathing a liquid against human nature. In order to get enough oxygen your lungs aren't designed to do the job you would need a pump sending the fluid down your trachea through a tube. Imagine what that would feel like.feel like you were drowning g 24 7. So until we get the technology to build a force field this isn't going to happen

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Could always build the structure under the sea floor, limiting the amount of seals and other pressure sensitive materials exposed to the ocean above. That way only the entrance/dock needs to be exposed.

Have to come up with some pretty tough mining submersibles and other cool tools/construction techniques all the same, which i imagine would be an almost impossible challenge in itself.

As to breathing liquid being against human nature, don't we breath fluid for 9 months in the womb?

I mean i understand its not oxygenated fluid but if it were the process may be viable for short periods if somewhat laborious and/or uncomfortable. Could the crew of such a station somehow get used to it or be engineered to accept the change?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Thanks for posting the link to my blog. I don't believe you actually read my book Anachronism (free download), because if you had, you would have noticed that I don't base my theory on just this newspaper article. Please read the book and follow the numerous download links to all of the supporting documentation. Then perhaps you can argue your point more cogently. Regards, James

PS: Here's a link to my most recent article that I am sure will throw the Roswell-ET believers into a fit: historydeceived.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Could always build the structure under the sea floor, limiting the amount of seals and other pressure sensitive materials exposed to the ocean above. That way only the entrance/dock needs to be exposed.

Have to come up with some pretty tough mining submersibles and other cool tools/construction techniques all the same, which i imagine would be an almost impossible challenge in itself.

As to breathing liquid being against human nature, don't we breath fluid for 9 months in the womb?

I mean i understand its not oxygenated fluid but if it were the process may be viable for short periods if somewhat laborious and/or uncomfortable. Could the crew of such a station somehow get used to it or be engineered to accept the change?

Well in pregnancy the babies lungs aren't used at all that's why you smack there bottom to make them cry. It forces them to take in air. And the problem is are lungs arw designed to expand because our chest cavity does. But if you introduce liquid into our lungs it creates a suction prevention our lungs from expanding. You could maybe make it about 10 min before you are unable to breath in enough oxygen to support you. This is why you would need something to actually force the fluid into the lungs, and it would have to be a tube because you need the flow to go through the lungs and the only place it can come out is mouth and nose. If you tried it like breathing from a scuba tank you would burst your lungs.

This looks cool in movies but in reality it would be pure hell. We just aren't designed to breath a liquid. Be easier to create some sort if mechanical gill system but you again run into a problem. Your brain would be telling you to breath and act as if your drowning. I could only imagine what that horror would feel like. As for building under the surface there would be several factors to contend with. Heat being a major one. The equipment stress on anything that has bearings like a drill would be huge. The pressure on the drill itself would cause it to bind.

I'll put it to you this way we have the current technol now to visit another solar system though granted it takes along time. We do not have bear the technology to pull this off. In other words this entire story is BS. Next china will telL is they invented time travel it's really just as likely.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Cheers for the info dragonridr, guess we are not going to be breathing oxygenated liquid then anytime soon.

I suppose there is still the avenue to genetic engineering to explore, creating a modified human with gills being a possible answer to the environment down there, it's not like its has not been proposed before. Although i imagine its not just our respiratory system that would require significant modification to survive in such an environment.

Don't see the tech or genetic engineering processes required being there in 2020 all the same unless China are way ahead of the game, both technologically and ethically speaking.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamescarrion

Thanks for posting the link to my blog. I don't believe you actually read my book Anachronism (free download), because if you had, you would have noticed that I don't base my theory on just this newspaper article.

Right, you base it on some codes that were broken. And some other irrelevant data, ghost rockets, etc. I skimmed the book. There's no point putting time into theories which are contradicted by heaps of opposing information.

From crop circles to UFO sightings, to direct interaction with beings, these things are all documented to the earliest periods of recorded history and all the way between too. From the original religious interpretations of Anuna-ke gods, the Yellow Emperor of China, who brought civilization to Middle Earth, who came in metal flying dragons, or the histories of South America, all religious cults are influenced by gods that came from the sky. Beyond that since those days we have various waves of UFOs, again which are interpreted as having religious context, off the top of my head, the UFO-wave of France 1500s/1600s, and crop circles from the 1600s until now, which, back then were witnessed by entire villages, investigated by magistrates & attributed to religious events, documented up to 150 ft in size and had strange features left behind (dry dirt affected by unknown forces), and that brings us into the modern era, which contrary to popular belief did not begin in the 50s. It actually started in the early 1800s to the 1900s. There were many, many sightings of 'airships', silver crafts, and even interactions with strange beings that spoke unknown languages, sometimes assumed to be "japs", or an unfamiliar race to the local witnesses who saw them. One set of 3 cases were over a 60 year period, all had numerous reliable witnesses of silver crafts, all 3 had smelled or associated ammonia with it, and 2 had witnessed brown faced, red-eye beings that spoke unknown language. THEN we get into the modern-current era, which you try to write off to some elaborate psi-op on the unsuspecting public. Which is frankly, impossible.

There are simply too many accounts/cases that developed organically or naturally. It was actually public pressure, concern & outrage that spurred SIGN, GRUDGE & BLUEBOOK. And if it were a simple matter of covering up real military secrets with UFO stories, the government totally sucks at it, because they've left a long trail of doing the opposite!! You can track from 1947 to the day the USAF declared it was no longer interested in UFOs (while sending all the cases to NORAD under JANAP147), and you can see there was a concerted effort to cover up natural occurring events. Official efforts (which were not realized at the time) were to debunk, discredit, and attack anyone who might promulgate the topic. (Even Carl Sagan was held back professionally for being "too soft" on UFOs)

And, just as Roswell (which retracted the UFO story [the "official claim" they used UFOs as cover stops working here]) used actual secret military projects to cover up a UFO story, it's backwards. And while you claim this was all in an effort for code breaking, it simply is not backed up except by total reaching on your own account. Tenuous links which cannot be seen nor have ever been made by anyone. No documents that suggest otherwise. Even in the face of the Cold War being over, nothing. No official mention, no disclosure, no declassified files, nothing. Then you have all the cases that happened all around the world as well. It just doesn't add up.

PS: Here's a link to my most recent article that I am sure will throw the Roswell-ET believers into a fit: historydeceived.blogspot.com...

No, it really doesn't. Like everything you put together you are always reaching. It's like you purposely ignore the world around us. For one, no one can make an analysis without directly addressing the long history of multiple connecting themes.

Then you have the Cold War, which is supposedly behind all this. Well, hate to burst your bubble but #1, the Cold War is over, and has been for awhile. And in the 90s when it was obvious there was no reason to hold the files from so many incidents people know to exist, instead of disclosing they simply made up a new enemy = terror. And while people were far too 'loyal' or naive in the 50s-90s --to ever question the Cold War, we certainly aren't today, with added communication anyone who reads books by political professors will see how the War on Terror was largely fabricated in its creation. In hindsight, you can actually find a lot of information that questions the validity of the Cold War too however. To the point there's evidence the US gave the Soviet's most of their nuclear secrets (purposely).

Let's not forget the disinformation and psychological warfare programs, the Tavistock Institute, CIA-MK Ultra (& modern psychology), the "skeptical science" movement (M Gardner's book), which was basically the introduction of pseudo-skepticism. CSICOP conveniently discrediting everything the CIA had researched over the years, James Randi purposely setting up frauds to commit his own fraud in discrediting them (Uri Geller eventually being outed as Mossad/CIA), the introduction of ad hominem attacks, 'crank',''quack' 'crackpot' 'pseudoscience' ---suddenly OKing illogical nonsensical arguments & calling it "scientific" LOL

Now, when you consider all of history, tied in with modern history---the overthrow of France, the Bank of England, (Rothschilds, etc) --the extreme efforts made from 1900-2000, to erase the Czarist state of Russia, to introduce Communism, to create the State of Israel (including Zionist collaboration with Nazis), to insert Central Banks around the Globe (including the efforts made today) & the history of the Nazis in the Occult, the Elite families in the Occult, the natural & organic UFO/supernatural histories...

You are left with something very apparent. Either they are not only ingenious @ fabricating evidence (all the way to pre-history) and its all a pay-op, which really didn't help cover that many programs, and only seemed to convince a small people of UFOs/Aliens (but cost Millions & Millions).....& beyond that, it starts implying there is a religious or Jewish/Satanic-conspiracy pervasive across governments & elite circles....

.....or.....

There is in fact a long history of supernatural events, just as its documented. There was in fact an effort to cover this up in modern times as the world modernized. There is too (what the Christian's refer to as) Satanic conspirators, within government and elsewhere (see: Franklin Case/Boystown, the White March & other cases.) & the UFO/Alien cases which still to this day are refused to be declassified. There is hidden knowledge & hidden realities in this world. And certain people will do everything they can to keep them covered. We can even witness these coverups. No one's having a "fit" except people like you, when they run into educated, aware individuals.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Well said boncho,

If anything his position is directly in step with other efforts to silence any questioning of the overall narrative we are fed across every aspect of modern science and historical research.

top topics

join