It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you point me to some songs with novice/beginner level bass lines...pretty please

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ive got my old berklee trad harm, jazz harm., voice leading, etc...material. If you lived down the street id loan em to you.

Hmm b to a is descending. A to b ascending. What do you mean context wise with a# as opposed to Bb? Cause if your showing her the c major scale there aint either. If your showing her c minor there is a Bb and an Ab. In that case your girlfriends right.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Ive got my old berklee trad harm, jazz harm., voice leading, etc...material. If you lived down the street id loan em to you.

Hmm b to a is descending. A to b ascending. What do you mean context wise with a# as opposed to Bb? Cause if your showing her the c major scale there aint either. If your showing her c minor there is a Bb and an Ab. In that case your girlfriends right.

did i have it wrong?
a lot of this could be cause i am pretty drunk but probably not.
you are right. i just had to close my eyes to visualize.

i know there are no #'s or b's in c major.

i am jumping around. i am trying to get her to work with c major because there are no accidentals.

what i mean was when we first started i wrote the notes out for her
A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A
at that point i told her about the sharps. then she started asking about flats and i tried to tell her not to worry about that just yet. we are talking first day here.
i explained to her how A# could also be Bb depending.

i like you man. you seem like a cool dude. i wish you lived around me so we could #in rock out.
with a berklee man. i would be in elite comapny.

and of course some of my theory cold be wrong. i am all self taught.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i am writing something for my wife right now. this should give her something to work on when she wakes up

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I get ya now! Sorry bout that. Yeah baby steps gor her. Just make sure she truly enjoys learning to play the bass and isnt doing it just to make you happy. Its admirable. But if shes not into it than maybe you guys bond doing a different activity?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I get ya now! Sorry bout that. Yeah baby steps gor her. Just make sure she truly enjoys learning to play the bass and isnt doing it just to make you happy. Its admirable. But if shes not into it than maybe you guys bond doing a different activity?

nah man. we are doing this.
since we were having a hard time finding something cool for her/me to play that is around our level i figured i would just write something so i did.
i was not very happy with it at first but the more we mess with it the more i like it. especially the middle section. i really like the way it sounds so i tabbed/scored that out again in a new file and that is going to become our next piece.
i scored it out in guitar pro. i need to mess around with the program a bit more to learn the controls.
i have to run it at 70% but thats ok.

i am thinking of letting you check it out bassplayer but i am not sure yet. kind of shy about that kind of stuff.

in doing this it gave me an idea.

i think what i am going to do is write out a bass 'duel' for her an i. a little back and forth. she can practice her part and i can practice mine and when we are ready we can duel it out. i figured that way we are having fun together and in between practicing what i wrote we can still practice our scales and such. the goal would be to get the point where when we are going back and forth on my pre written piecewe can start to improv if even a little. add something here or change something there. just to see where it goes.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

check your pm bassplayer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join