It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Attorney General Convicted on 9 Counts of Felony Perjury & Obstruction Charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Funny enough, I only looked up Kathleen Kane because on FaceBook there was a "memory" from 1 year ago about her being investigated for these crimes, amidst re-launching a re-election campaign (the audacity of these scumbags is unbelievable). Kathleen Kane, another criminal up in high office, has been found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice.

Kane, a Democrat elected in 2012, had denied leaking confidential information about grand jury deliberations to the media and then attempting to cover it up, in an effort to harm her predecessor.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Here is the older article from last year, when news spread that Kane was "preparing" to fight charges: www.washingtontimes.com...

Birds of a Feather!
edit on 16-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The PA Governor, Tom Wolf actually called for her resignation. I don't like him, but good on him for that.
Lehigh Valley Live

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Some more worm hole on her...

wikipedia

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for referencing that. I see that Bill Clinton endorsed her in her 2012 Election Campaign (need I repeat myself, "Birds of a Feather"?
)

The other very interesting part of that Wiki page:

On March 17, 2014, Kane announced that she had shut down a corruption investigation begun under her predecessor, saying that "the undercover investigation was poorly managed and badly executed, and relied on an undercover operative whose credibility had been compromised." The investigation was following up on reports of corruption among current Philadelphia politicians, all of the suspects belonged to the Democratic Party. In response, the Committee of Seventy called on the state legislature to designate an independent counsel to investigate the closing of the case.[18][19] Local prosecutors in Philadelphia picked up the case, and secured a number of guilty pleas as well as grand jury indictments.

Sounds about as corrupt as the Clintons. The criminals are all endorsing each other amidst difference investigations against them, who would've thought!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The most amazing thing is, shes been debarred from practicing law, but still retains office.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

PA Supreme Court's ruling can supersede the Constitution of PA.. Because they said so!

On September 21, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unanimously suspended Kane's license to practice law.[23] Although the Constitution of Pennsylvania requires the attorney general to be a licensed attorney, the court said in its order that it was not removing Kane from office

(from the Wiki page you posted)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The most amazing thing is, shes been debarred from practicing law, but still retains office.

Yes, it is.
I looked it up, since I heard a radio announcer say this morning that being a lawyer was not a requirement.
Ballotpedia

No person shall be eligible to the office of Governor, Lieutenant Governor or Attorney General except a citizen of the United States, who shall have attained the age of thirty years, and have been seven years next preceding his election an inhabitant of this Commonwealth, unless he shall have been absent on the public business of the United States or of this Commonwealth. No person shall be eligible to the office of Attorney General except a member of the bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.

(My highlighting)
It would appear that she should have not been in office since the PA Supreme Court made the ruling against her.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

PA Supreme Court's ruling can supersede the Constitution of PA.. Because they said so!

On September 21, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unanimously suspended Kane's license to practice law.[23] Although the Constitution of Pennsylvania requires the attorney general to be a licensed attorney, the court said in its order that it was not removing Kane from office

(from the Wiki page you posted)

Well, now.
That is even more weird, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I know huh. They convicted her of multiple counts, ten give her a 'slap on the wrist', media style.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

For what reason could they have done this. Kane must have some other "friends" who had more pull behind the scenes. It just doesn't make sense. Clintons? What vested interest would they have in a Pennsylvania AG? We never hear a peep about 99% of the deals and transactions that are occurring, this is probably one of those cases.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You are right.
What we see on the surface doesn't add up.
It must be something we peons aren't privy to.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

From what I can discern she hasn't done anything wrong as far as the establishment is concerned. They are convicting her without consequences because the corruption in government is embedded, systemic.

We just don't hear about it too often. Ether that or her job is done and its time to go.

Politicians do this all the time. Step up, show their loyalty to the "system", carry their fair share of the load of corruption, get blamed, payed off then allowed to 'resign' to their fat bank accounts and luxury lifestyle.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If I'm reading this correctly, the law is breaking the law by not enforcing the law after legally deciding this person broke the law.

It's like we're in the twilight zone.

Why can't the law break the law and not punish me when I'm found to have broken the law?
Oh, right, I'm not above the law.

It doesn't get any more cut and dry, folks. The system is broken and it has overthrown the country. Laws no longer apply to lawmakers and law enforcement.

It's time to start over. Burn it down.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Just as intrptr mentioned, the frequency of these types of scenarios just go to prove that this is a systemic problem

More and more people are beginning to agree, as you said

The system is broken and it has overthrown the country.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK just going to throw this out there because of timing....but PA is a huge battleground state. And right now it is still a very big toss up for Clinton / Trump. They were thinking PA would be a shoe in for Clinton until she started attacking the coal miners. Maybe they saw this coming and already have "plans"...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

PA is a huge battleground state. And right now it is still a very big toss up for Clinton / Trump. They were thinking PA would be a shoe in for Clinton until she started attacking the coal miners.

Damn, I had no idea about this! It's funny you mention the Coalminers too - my heritage on my dad's side are from Wilkes-Barre, PA and were coal miners. If I lived there I'd be pissed about her attacks too. Good to know - I bet there is some sort of back-scratching going on for the Clintons. Makes sense being that Bill was endorsing this corrupt woman since 2012! Thank you for adding important info to the thread

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That might make perfect grounds for an appeal by anyone convicted of a crime in PA.

Basically doesn`t that nullify the states authority to prosecute any crimes?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't read to much into the Clinton factor. guys like that routinely endorse statewide candidates of their party.

the real lesson here is one-party government. If we'd had a democrat congress the last six years we would have found out nothing about Secretary Clinton's private server, connections to the Clinton foundation, etc. But we never got any prosecutions because Obama is a democrat and his justice dept leaves her alone. I suspect one reason the Clintons are so desperate to win this, is to keep a Republican Justice Department from better investigations and possible prosecution, not to mention a Republican State Department would be more willing to turn over all the relevant emails.
edit on 16-8-2016 by ElGoobero because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The spin I caught was that she was knockin' heads together fighting corruption, the it turned on her.

Two PA Supreme Court judges were retired over "porographic" emails she discovered over the course of an investigation. Instructed not to leak more emails, she did it anyway.

Apparently there are more that remain unreleased, which could hurt a lot more poor politicians. I wonder if such a thing may emerge after her sentencing...?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

There are a LOT of potential houses of cards that could come tumbling down if all these individuals being prosecuted for mishandling confidential and/or classified material start publicly squawking over the deferential treatment Hillary Clinton, Lois Lerner, et al received from the *ahem* Obama "Justice" Department.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join