It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you the type to try and low ball people?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

As my kids say when it comes to buying something my european ancestory shows,both my parents were frugal,so I will haggle but not a real low ball offer,although I offered guy 30% of his price once still have the truck to this day

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
$14 what a crappy low offer, if he'd said $85-90 then I'd probably say, yes i'll take it.

I like getting a good deal if i can, nothing wrong with a haggle now and then but everyone has to feel like they're getting a deal (no one looses out), business as usual lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

$14 what a crappy low offer, if he'd said $85-90 then I'd probably say, yes i'll take it.

Then you would have overpaid for a used watch since the new ones are $70 on eBay.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nope! I don't bother, I pay full price or will make a fair offer. If not accepted, then that is the end of it for me, I will not waste my time or theirs haggling over a few bucks. My time is worth more than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

Then you would have overpaid for a used watch since the new ones are $70 on eBay.

Ok lol I'd buy one on eBay.
edit on 14-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I had to take 200 for my drums :

I wanted 500

I put over 2,000 into them.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What a shrewd spender. Couldn't even round it up to 15.00

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't lowball, and won't hesitate to insult those people on their way out.

For example, I sell some odd things on craigslist. This one time, I listed my old silver trumpet for $200 (it wasn't worth much more than that). Some guy wanted to buy it for $75, and I laughed at him telling him I'd sooner donate it than let a lowballer walk away with the sale (guy was an instrument dealer). Seeing as he continued to get snarky, I kept true to the word as I was contacted to sell the trumpet to a church for a donation slip (sent him a copy of the receipt).

If I really want something, and am not willing to pay the price they have offered, I will offer about 80-85% of the marked cost (IE: $85-ish for a $100 item). I try to keep it reasonable, and don't try to convince them if they say no the first time. I'll either attempt to find the money, or rationalize why I really want it.

-foss

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join