It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was the only thing on a hard point that I could see, no wingman came or went with him. That's why I was thinking cargo pod.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Travel pods are usually carried in pairs, with one on each wing, unless they have other externals mounted. The Mud Hens usually carry them on the aft weapons station on the fuselage though.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

speaking of pods

wonder what they will change if anything on the EF style.

i don't remember does the F15 have multispectral imaging and are the new ones/latest bloc have new SA radars and will there be any mods to the EF variant
edit on 25-6-2021 by penroc3 because: clarification

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

EX, not EF. They have AESA, IRST, and targeting pods.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

easy typo

a blast from the past

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A chinese cargo UAV being developed.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

there is a done called the goose or Canadian goose that we(us) and our friends use for such things but they are a strange bird for sure.

it uses a parashoot and prop and usually misses.

ETA: the Chinese one almost looks like an old MiG but shrunk.
edit on 28-6-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

"Fat Albert" aka the Cudjoe Key Aerostat. Used for detection of low level smuggling aircraft. This was the first USAF aerostat site, established in 1980. The USAF funding was cut in 2011, however Customs and Border Patrol resumed operations of the project in 2014.

Image taken on July 9, 2021, from Blimp road just north of the transfer station.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I've seen a couple of the ones from out west go walkabout.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

At least nothing out there to muck up, unlike the one a few years ago up in Maryland.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Apparently teaser for UACs LFI/LMFS

Why is there a US Pilot in the crowd lol?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: E92M3

its an Indian flyer

ignore my strange YouTube selection

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No it isn't. There's a US pilot in the end group. Right side, tall blonde guy, with an American flag on his shoulder.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I don't know how I missed him.

that being said its interesting they are including India, with things heating up with India and China

ETA is that a Taiwanese guy at the end in uniform?
edit on 13-7-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

what do you think.

seems like there are already good programs currently operational and better coming up.

stuff like this

I hope the hog gets a descendant just as fierce but i know for a fact A10'[s have save ALLLOT of us men so I don't see them ever letting that capability go

maybe the future would be a swarm of drones that can take out single targets

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's not the brightest video I've ever seen on the A-10. The days of A-10 style aircraft are over.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I thought you would get a kick out of it.

[a real question] do you think forward mobile armor is a thing of the past? like in the day of the soviets(as much as that's possible)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Massed attacks are.They suffer in built up areas as the Soviets found in Ukraine and Gov in Syria Civil war with no troop support..Drones are changing that as are Helo assets who can see more of the Battlefield..Tanks are great for blockhouse or obstacle removal.Very little tank vs tank action anymore after Gulf War due to introduction of the Abrahms.Even now all gov are having trouble getting newer platforms onto the battlefield.Brits are on edge of scrapping their new tank,Soviets are just rehashing older tanks to upgun them to survive against the US machines.
Air superiority will always trump armour.Smaller aerials with smaller more lethal missiles is whats the new game plan.Not big flying tanks that bulldoze the area..

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That's a damn shame. I know that the UAV's are taking over, it is the flexibility of the observer in the cockpit that will be missed.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join