It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short video and how I feel...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Forget the Torah being a 365,000 continuous character data stream that is in fact an interactive hologram,the fact you need to know ancient Jewish custom to make head nor tail of it,forget allegory and secret code just interpret it literally.There wouldn't be half a dozen people on this site remotely qualified to comment on even basic scripture.

My point was that it doesn't matter what you interpret, it is all bs.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: khnum

Exactly, and I am one of those very REMOTE "half dozen". I have seen the secret code for myself, and can interpret some of it. It would take a novel's worth of pages to explain what I've learned, so I wont even attempt it.

What I will do is say that a youtube video covering a compilation of poorly translated Biblical verses (removed from it's original context) can't even come close to explaining the Bible, and it's multi-layered complex themes.

God's ways are not our ways, and they are certainly not captured in a youtube video.

So you believe everything in the good book? You think there is different meanings in the scripture that are being misread? All this video did was take specific quotes and make it clear that the good book is full of it and does not do what it proclaims to do. Evil words is all I saw. Explains the state of this planet, it is all based on lies and conjecture. If god created all, then god created this BS world on purpose. This fake god is sitting up there laughing at the gullibility of all humans.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: INEVERQUIT

From the condescending, arrogant manner in which you chose to approach the subject, I'd say that not venturing into religion is probably best for you. Stick with what you know...which, judging by the inane content of your OP, isn't a whole lot.

Something Wicked This Way Comes...your signature says it all, something wicked is the good book that you think exist.

And yet you felt a reason to become defensive and insert your condescending view in my OP. Stick with what you think you know, which from the looks of it is not much.

The way the 2nd testament decided to re-write the old testament and still failed miserably to instill anything remotely true and offered fake testimonies about the life of some made up boy king that was conceived in a manger with 3 unwise men by a virgin is entirely laughable. I believe the easter bunny saw to that.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

good video OP.

I never knew of many of these lines from the video...which is not surprising.

So now I got some more interesting quotes to throw at people.

Thanks. The real funny thing is how many people think quoting scripture means they are some how more in touch with some version of reality based on silly stories with no truth in them.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Nice wake up call.

One thing. Don't forget to add how to behave towards others into your "religion of me".

I treat people that deserve respect with respect. I do not harm others. I do not abuse children. The fact I can see that good book for what it is does not mean I have to condone it or the behavior of those that swear by its voracity. It is steeped in hypocrisy. On so many levels the way organized religion is set up, it is a wonder that anyone falls for that BS.

Go to confession, donate to the plate, god will absolve you. Someone died on a cross for your sins. Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There wouldn't be half a dozen people on this site remotely qualified to comment on even basic scripture.

My guess would be there are zero people (myself included) so qualified. I 'think' I've met a few in my life. I like to classify them as 'The Committed' ... and I don't mean looney (exactly). Funny thing is ... they really don't have the time to stop and talk about what they've come to know ... nor are they generally so inclined with an academic. You see, it doesn't matter who you are, what you've been taught, what slivers you've discovered on your own ...

-deleted-

My takeaway from that endeavor was it would require something greater than the normal human lifetime to gain any more than a working knowledge of the scripture's meanings. Because of this, too many people in 'religion' enjoy making false assumptions and jumping to unprovable conclusions.

/rant
-Cheers

Nobody on this planet is qualified to translate any version of the good book. But if you read the english version of the new testament, it is clearly evil in its conception.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
What i have read and seen in this thread leads me to believe that no one believes what the Bible as it is.

Jesus was right int he day of his return would he find faith?

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I now believe many do not know what faith is. Therefore make the world God to be anything but the Holy Bible.

Having faith has nothing to do with religion. I can have faith in a higher power without being brainwashed by organized religion and I do not need scripture of the evil kind spouted from the pulpit for me to know right from wrong, no one does. And why is this all about this planet? Last I looked earth is a tiny speck of dust in the universe. Don't make it about any god. Make it about not believing in fake crap, written and translated by 100's of morons for the sake of controlling the masses with fear.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Every religion claims their version is the correct one and they are all full of it. There can not be 20 religions that are all right. No matter what translation you think you read, they are all concocted with one pu
rpose.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I can understand your sentiment the western nations mostly have prophets for for profit,they supposedly cast out demons with their right hand but definately take mastercard with the left ,there are two other types of false prophets ones involved with baal worship which involves human sacrifice in moderns societies case this would be abortion for birth control and prophets that conquer and subdue people claiming to be intermediaries between man and God,50 years ago you could of found a good teacher that could have taught you that it is not all bs.Most of the denominations of Christianity these days though are under Roman,Rockerfeller or Rothschild control its thoroughly corrupted.

There are however true followers of Yeshua the messiah out there that do have true spiritual power and authority but they are very rare as the bible predicted there wont be much left at the end.

My advice is dont become jaded dont loose touch with the magic of the world try to be a good person and trust in Gods mercy if you are-the Church isnt going to save you.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: INEVERQUIT

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: khnum

Exactly, and I am one of those very REMOTE "half dozen". I have seen the secret code for myself, and can interpret some of it. It would take a novel's worth of pages to explain what I've learned, so I wont even attempt it.

What I will do is say that a youtube video covering a compilation of poorly translated Biblical verses (removed from it's original context) can't even come close to explaining the Bible, and it's multi-layered complex themes.

God's ways are not our ways, and they are certainly not captured in a youtube video.

So you believe everything in the good book? You think there is different meanings in the scripture that are being misread? All this video did was take specific quotes and make it clear that the good book is full of it and does not do what it proclaims to do. Evil words is all I saw. Explains the state of this planet, it is all based on lies and conjecture. If god created all, then god created this BS world on purpose. This fake god is sitting up there laughing at the gullibility of all humans.

Yeah. I believe what is written in the oldest of the OT & NT manuscripts. It takes more than a YouTube video to come to an objective conclusion.

Much of what people hate was the fulfilled Levitical Law, which served a two fold purpose: to expose man's slavery to sin, and so serve as a satire of the contemporary pagan cultures. Jesus fulfilled the Law with His death on the cross. It was a payment for our sins. Believe in Him and you are free.

God created the world (including man) and He gave us free will. He took responsibility for our poor choices by sending His Son to pay for our sins. The world is messed up by collective human choice. You cant blame God for that.
edit on 13-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
To the OP.

Religion is subjective...always has been and always will be. No matter how much you cry "BS", it doesn't matter to anyone except yourself and whoever is of the same or similar sentiment.

Me, personally, I believe that whosoever seeded this planet with life, did so with a distinct intention to use their creation to serve a lowly purpose. The YWVH imposter-God [a war god at the very least] managed to gain a foothold. He is but one of the Gods of Genesis, not the only God. He made his own version of Man and Woman, placing them in Eden and when Sammael came along and poisoned Eve's mind by showing her sexuality, the whole experiment went wrong.

Eve did not eat an apple from a tree and the OT does not say that. She 'ate' from the tree of knowledge...in other words, learned how to procreate and recognize nakedness = subservience. She passed that knowledge onto the Adam and from thereon, woman was deemed a "sinner"...hence the less than admirable respect for women, throughout.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
First want to say I hear you and totally understand what you are saying about "The Bible." I've had many decades of study and was raised very Southern Baptist.

I've been where you are and have felt the rage of being lied to and made to fear God and his wrath then his love and understanding.

Then, after collegiate study, finally had an understanding, somewhat, of the history of "The Bible." I was so shocked. Nothing I had been told in church was true about the Bible.

It takes awhile to let go of all the lies around the Bible and religion. Just continue your own education and try to concentrate on your own beliefs and let the anger go. It will get better; but I understand how you feel; been there.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

the world is messed up by collective human choice. You cant blame God for that.

okey dokey...so...as announced. Let's throw some quotes.

The video states...Isiah 45:7

I forms the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil: I the LORD, do all these things.

Coupled with another quote from the video...essentially states...nothing on this world happens without God's approval or intent.

Romans 11:36

From him and through him and to him are all things

I guess that means the creation and deeds of evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Google and the media are doing their damndest to block this sort of news we have a lice plague in Israel,Locusts in Yemen,huge lakes in Iran going blood red and today we have a plague of boils in Lebanon,Syria,Turkey and Jordan...all co-incidence of course(sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: INEVERQUIT

originally posted by: intrptr

Nice wake up call.

One thing. Don't forget to add how to behave towards others into your "religion of me".

I treat people that deserve respect with respect. I do not harm others. I do not abuse children. The fact I can see that good book for what it is does not mean I have to condone it or the behavior of those that swear by its voracity. It is steeped in hypocrisy. On so many levels the way organized religion is set up, it is a wonder that anyone falls for that BS.

Go to confession, donate to the plate, god will absolve you. Someone died on a cross for your sins. Give me a break.

Thanks preacher.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's true I did believe in the Bible until I read literally the entire thing and that combined with research led me to the conclusion it started with borrowed mythology and ended with borrowed mythology and a contradictory finish that involves an enemy of the church becoming it's theologian without ever having met Jesus Christ, who I can buy might have existed as a human being but not ressurecting from the dead and ascending to heaven only to change his mind and make supernatural contact with a murdering cop snitch traitor par excellence.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

the world is messed up by collective human choice. You cant blame God for that.

okey dokey...so...as announced. Let's throw some quotes.

The video states...Isiah 45:7

I forms the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil: I the LORD, do all these things.

Coupled with another quote from the video...essentially states...nothing on this world happens without God's approval or intent.

Romans 11:36

From him and through him and to him are all things

I guess that means the creation and deeds of evil.

So what? God created light and darkness. He honors and guarantees our freedom to choose between the two (at the very least within our own hearts). So again, our problems come from our poor choices, both individually and collectively. God has already done His part in sending a redeemer. All that is left is our choice (believe in Christ or reject Him), and to let sin run its course (like a virus).

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Google and the media are doing their damndest to block this sort of news we have a lice plague in Israel,Locusts in Yemen,huge lakes in Iran going blood red and today we have a plague of boils in Lebanon,Syria,Turkey and Jordan...all co-incidence of course(sarcasm)

They will say, "Peace, peace", when there is no peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)

So here's the setting: A mob is headed to kill Ezekiel. "Ezekiel, you prophesied in the NAME that the temple had an idol on one side, word has reached us that there is no idol there. In accordance with the instruction of Moses, you shall surely die by our hands."

Ezekiel then says, "wait, wait, don't be too hasty. Stand by for incoming message...

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. Ezekiel 14: 9

Ezekiel then addresses the crowd, "Okay, that seems pretty clear. You don't have to kill me. The guy himself will do it. In the meantime, here's more I've got to tell you."

No, just joking. If a guy feels guilty about having an idol in his heart and goes to ask a prophet about it, the deity will speak directly to the guilty party by cutting him off from the people. So the god will kill the prophet and the guy who comes to confess his sin. That should clear up any misunderstanding.

edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)

So here's the setting: A mob is headed to kill Ezekiel. "Ezekiel, you prophesied in the NAME that the temple had an idol on one side, word has reached us that there is no idol there. In accordance with the instruction of Moses, you shall surely die by our hands."

Ezekiel then says, "wait, wait, don't be too hasty. Stand by for incoming message...

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. Ezekiel 14: 9

Ezekiel then addresses the crowd, "Okay, that seems pretty clear. You don't have to kill me. The guy himself will do it. In the meantime, here's more I've got to tell you."

No, just joking. If a guy feels guilty about having an idol in his heart and goes to ask a prophet about it, the deity will speak directly to the guilty party by cutting him off from the people. So the god will kill the prophet and the guy who comes to confess his sin. That should clear up any misunderstanding.

I am not familiar with that verse but
I am inclined to ask what you think the basic message is
Do you understand the story, have you tried

Or did you just read it and think, this sounds stupid, I don't understand it, nobody will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join