It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age meets Scientology? The UFO cult "Unarius"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
By far the trippiest, most surreal 'religion' I've ever seen. It looks like some mish-mash of New Age, Raelism, Urantia, and Scientology. Behold, UNARIUS:

en.wikipedia.org...

They have all these crazy sci-ci recruitment videos, that I saw a while ago, that came to mind just now which got me posting this. I've had the pleasure of seeing several of their 'full length feature films', and I'll tell ya it's choice material to play during a party!

The movie depicts a scene where the two were driving in the countryside when Norman suddenly told Spiegel that he was the fallen angel.

He was quiet for a few minutes, before responding: “This is really very funny. An archangel and an arch demon traveling together.”

For the last 40 years, the Unarians have operated out of a storefront in a San Diego suburb that is filled with DayGlo spaceship paintings, plastic Venus de Milo statues and Astroturf carpeting. www.huffingtonpost.com...

In 1992 Richard Metzger produced a show which intended to expose the stranger cultural facets of America. Popular alternative icons of the time were asked to act as hosts of the show, interviewing different people in places that fit the model for the show.

Unarius, a cult based out of El Cajon, California, which believes in the existence of UFO's, who allegedly have direct contact with the "Space Brothers," aliens, many of which live in an underground city in Mars, and who practice "Past Life Therapy," among other unique practices and beliefs, were a perfect subject for the show.

Metzger recruited Jello Biafra (original frontman for the Dead Kennedys) to do an in depth interview of Unarius, questioning members and key leaders of the movement, including their founder,"Archangel Uriel" aka Ruth Norman.

Soon after filming this interview in 1992, all of the original footage was stolen and never recovered.

In 2014 Jello Biafra gave a copy of the rough footage to his friend Erleen Nada (musician and video artist), who had a long time fascination with Unarius. Driven by a need to share this incredible interview with the world, Erleen Nada edited the footage (with Richard Metzger's approval), to make it comprehensive for public viewing, and available for viewing on the internet.

Here for the first time ever, 22 years after the filming of this show, is the fascinating interview between Jello Biafra and Unarius.
dangerousminds.net...

Here this guy goes to some of their commercial locations, which look a lot like a Scientologist BS Meter recruitment center:

I honestly don't know enough about them to say if its anything diabolical like Scientology, but figured I'd bring it up for everybody, and maybe some others have some added input...
edit on 7-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They've been around a good while and their complex is pretty sci fi 60s funny.

Its like they took acid and never came down!

Everyone should check em out...thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm familiar with this cult. I've seen some of their videos but, whoa, the first one you posted was really far out. It reminded me of Kenneth Anger.

Where can I find copies of their feature length films? I think I'll take you up on your suggestion to play them during a party.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I found em in a private torrent tracker. No invites currently.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Its like they took acid and never came down!

I think we had said the same thing when I was playing it for some people lol!

EDIT: I remember now, I had said the same thing of peyote. In their hours of 'sci-fi movie' footage a lot of it is out in the desert. And that's where their main commune thing I guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I used to be a member of the Occult.bz torrent community until my account got suspended for not re-seeding my downloads.

You used to be able to just pay them enough to not care about whether you are seeding or not. But in 2011 I think, they made it invites only and I cannot find someone with an invite for the life of me.

I have no doubt that Occult.bz would have a lot of material/videos related to UNARIUS.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if Johnny Tambourine was a member?

edit on 7-8-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I found it in a B movie / trash / obscure cinema tracker. This stuff is a big hit with that lot lol

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

God I loved that show!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I live like 15 min from these guy's HQ, always meant to go by and talk to them.
Maybe I will soon for the purpose of this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sounds good!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If you do go drop by the HQ, a hidden camera with audio would make it very interesting for us on ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Jello Biafra?
The guy that used to sing for Dead Kennedys?
That's some trippy s*@t right there.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Is that the one in El Cajon, San Diego? I've been in there. Trippy! But they're pretty tight lipped with lookie looos.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It is!
So they don't say much to the visitors? Still haven't found the time to make my way over there.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

They know that they're perceived as weird, so yeah, they play it pretty close to the chest. they're polite enough. They have books to sell you though, that'll answer your questions. The artwork and murals are really something to see.

top topics

join