It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's $250 Billion Commitment to America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But we did see it, burd. We DID SEE IT.

We lived it.
Millions of people lost their jobs and livelihoods to outsourcing and downsizing....my own family was subjected to this, and had to liquidate our 'retirement' funds, at a usury tax rate.

So - it freaking happened.

If reparations and progress are evident and things are going better, shouldn't we at least acknowledge the effort, as little and late as it might be?????

edit on 8/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I want to say they said this a couple years ago and then........crickets. would be nice if they did it. Trump made them do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What? Trump made them do it?

Sources and data please.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I still don't ever see myself darkening their doors. If the US simply enacted meaningful National Protectionist trade policies,

"Simply"? Did you really mean "simply"?

It's not simple. We're working on it.

The past can't be undone. We can't unsee what we've seen, or unlive what we've lived, or unknow what we now know.

We have to move forward, or die. (AKA Progress)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Ahhhh Thanks.

Hope to get the task done over the next week . . . if I have all the info, BTW.

. . . your U2U refers to it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So Walmart creates a PR campaign to make them look like pro-american for-the-people super troopers? O boy! Praise Walmart!

McDonalds is also doing the same thing.

Glad to see people are buying into it. It's a good lesson in marketing. Suddenly pretend like you are a moral company and then everybody forgives you and comes back.

The simple truth is that Walmart could care less about its employees. Everything they do is to make more money. You're a fool if you ignore years and years of evidence in favor of a short public relations campaign.

The same people that will flock to walmart in light of this, is the same people that flocked to McDonalds after they had their "we're sort-of healthy now" campaign. Just pretend like they aren't still chalk full of poisen.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Okay. Thanks for straightening me out.

Yeah, I fell for it.
Appreciate the reality/fact check!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How does raising wages help people if you simultaneously cut their hours?

Nice try, Buzzy. Wage controls still don't work, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yea.. you did. I worked at walmart 5-6 years ago and they pull PR campaign BS all the time. Say they are raising wages and benifits while cutting hours of people who worked there for a long time so they don't have to give them full-time employee benifits.

Sure, this time could be differnt, but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yeah, simply. The stroke of a President's pen is all it will take to remove the USA from the globalist hell it is stuck in. The US is still the largest economy in the world... every corporation in that world would ultimately capitulate to bringing our manufacturing sector back to this country.

I've said it before, moving forward isn't always progress. Life is a maze and when you find yourself at a dead end, you backtrack to a point at which things still functioned, advancing from that point. In this case it involves retreating to National policies America started abandoning in 1978, pump our own oil, build our own cars, make our own clothes, take care of ourselves first for a change and tell the world "pay to play or go screw."

It's as simple as a pen stroke.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So Walmart finally ran out of suckers who were still believing their last Made in America campaign?

Sure they have to do something as their profits are plummeting and more people are waking up to the fact they they cost this country far more than they ever contributed to it and far more than this pittance per year.

It would be foolish to trust this.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Morosus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I won't set foot in a Walton store until they allow their employees to unionize.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sooooooooooo a whole bureaucracy can suck more money out of the workers and corruptly use it for their own political agendas, to pad their own expense accounts yada yada yada.

What an impressive plan.

/sarc

edit on 6/8/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
So Walmart creates a PR campaign to make them look like pro-american for-the-people super troopers? O boy! Praise Walmart!

McDonalds is also doing the same thing.

Glad to see people are buying into it. It's a good lesson in marketing. Suddenly pretend like you are a moral company and then everybody forgives you and comes back.

Yep

Too Little Too Late

There are thousands of lives effected by Walmart Policies and I have no set foot in their doors in 20 years and will never again. They have done irreparable damage to this country with their cut throat polices

I wish the worst for them and their families

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I won't set foot in a Walton store until they allow their employees to unionize.

Yep

In Accordance with Capitalism, all parties are entitled to Bargaining Power
Fascists hate that
Walmart needs to be shutdown

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Okay, I see. Thanks guys. I'm fine with not buying it. I appreciate you all straightening me out.

I'm an optimist, and tend to see the good things more than the bad....one of the reasons I'm here is to keep myself grounded and balanced and knowing what others think. LOL!!! Believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I will probably still not shop there, I prefer to shop the local establishments as much as possible.

Full disclosure: A certain Evil Mason's mommy is a store manager for Wal-Mart and can get stuff discounted if he wanted.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am averse to shopping there as well, would rather buy from Amazon (who allows anyone with a decent website to share in the profits - affiliate marketers) - or small locally owned shops.

Sometimes I do go to Walmart for things I can't get on the spot elsewhere (like crochet hooks and tie-dye kits). Sadly, our local KMart is a disaster - even worse. I hate those big box stores. But sometimes Lowes has what Ace Hardware doesn't. etc.
And neither Walmart nor KMart have experts who can really help you beyond pointing you to aisle 456 for what you need. At least at Ace it's like when I was a kid - you could go there and ask the guy in electrical how to wire something, what to use to do it, etc. Lumberyards used to have that kind of expertise on staff, too.

But not the big ones. It's awful.
At least Best Buy has trained people.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Sometimes I do go to Walmart for things I can't get on the spot elsewhere (like crochet hooks and tie-dye kits).

I typically get my crochet hooks and tie-dye kits from the shop next to where I buy my patchouli.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Agree with the cynicism about WalMart. However, I would rather see the topic of American manufacturing brought up this way as a starting point for further discussion, rather than a generalization about "bringing jobs back". It opens the door wider for further discussion/action.

Their last "Made In the USA" campaign was publicly exposed (early 1990s) for the sham it was, saying products made in the Northern Mariana Islands (a Commonwealth of the United States) were "Made In the USA".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join