It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLAYING GOD? Tens of millions spent on huge project to change the WEATHER

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

China are ploughing more than £22million into shooting salt-and-mineral-filled bullets into the sky in a bid to make it rain. But Beijing is not alone in its pursuit to play God with the weather, with at least 52 countries, including the US, using weather modification techniques which allows authorities to clear the skies or make it rain. Droughts in places such as the the US and China are one of the biggest constraints on their farming industries, which is why scientists are working to eradicate the the prolonged dry seasons. They will do this by putting chemicals in the sky.

www.express.co.uk...

Looking at the comments on this article, it's really clear that most just don't grasp this subject at all. Cloud seeding is LOCALIZED weather manipulation. While it may steal some rain that would have dropped somewhere else, it's effect is only noticeable in the area it is used. It has nothing to do with HAARP, geo-engineering, or chemtrails/contrails. It's done at very low altitudes and only where existing clouds are located.

www.physics.org...

Cloud seeding has been used for decades and is not a secret program by any means.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
China has been doing this a long time, and even has a national Weather Modification Office. As you said, it isn't exactly a secret. Weather modification was used in the Vietnam conflict as well.

Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam War ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

Wiki

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Blindsided there, man
I never thought of China getting into weather modification. So really, they are probably also thinking about blocking some of the sun's heat yes no?..yep, they'll surely want to see what they can do with that...he...he?......

edit on 30-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 30-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I Think you'll find China has been doing this for hundreds of years. Being as they invented rockets that is what they used to fire into the sky to try to produce rainfall. The only difference being today they have more dangerous chemicals to push into the atmosphere.
Anyway the early American Indians used to dance and fire arrows into the air, could this be claimed as weather manipulation?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Anyway the early American Indians used to dance and fire arrows into the air, could this be claimed as weather manipulation?

Science for the win!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They haven't worked out all the kinks. Back from 2009

China causes snowstorm in capital
china artificial snowstorm

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
so then this is the question i want to ask Chemtrail debunkers/deniers etc...

- If there are more than one government that openly does atmospheric geo-engineering, how then do they think they deliver the chemical... ?

- maybe with jumbo jets, or possibly commercial airliners which take the path of their target to minimize civilian suspicion. as opposed with using solely military crafts/jets which would possibly raise more concern from citizens.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And after they've changed the weather, they blame the change on Global Warming...

Good thread, S+F

edit on 30-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so then this is the question i want to ask Chemtrail debunkers/deniers etc...

- If there are more than one government that openly does atmospheric geo-engineering, how then do they think they deliver the chemical... ?

- maybe with jumbo jets, or possibly commercial airliners which take the path of their target to minimize civilian suspicion. as opposed with using solely military crafts/jets which would possibly raise more concern from citizens.

as was said, this isn't geo-engineering. The part of geo-engineering you are speaking about is SRM. They aren't doing that yet. It's a last resort and even the guy who came up with the idea really, really doesn't want to do it as they don't know the long term ramifications of the unknown.

But the plan is to use jets and balloons to get the sulfur into the stratosphere so they can deploy it and hope it blocks just enough sunlight and doesn't fall back to earth and do more long term damage to the planet.
If you look a bit farther than chemie web sites and you tube, you can quickly learn all about this subject and what is all about. But you have to believe in science, which seems to be a large stumbling block for some.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Weather manipulation.. reminds me of a few Videos from 3 yrs ago on youtube where people were finding the snow was odd, abnormal to say the least.

In one video, this guy couldn't melt the snow with his lighter.

I do believe some kind of twisted weather manipulation is taking place, absolutely.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

And it was explained...look up sublimation with snow.

It is a natural phenomenon and has nothing to do with any government or weather modification...aka cloudseeding.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

But chemmie websites amd youtube are where the real truth comes from...you missed the memo didn't you?

Should have made the last ATS chemtrail debunkers meeting where it was handed out....

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Do i have like a magnetic device attached to me? There's this clown that keeps following me everywhere i type.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
SO3 + H2O = H2SO4
Hope they are careful during lightning storms
Can any one say Sulfuric Acid ? Real acid rain.
Peace

edit on 7/31/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
it's OK a10....
he is a proud American clown....
a freaky...scary type of clown.....

I wonder if he has a six pack and tree stumps for legs.....?????

we will never know.....
ATS can be a mysterious place sometimes.... .......a reply to: awareness10

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wow.. the GTA hacks do work in real life.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Blindsided, really?

Do you have no memory of wjen the Olympics were in China and all the weather modding they did then?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Weather manipulation.. reminds me of a few Videos from 3 yrs ago on youtube where people were finding the snow was odd, abnormal to say the least.

In one video, this guy couldn't melt the snow with his lighter.

I do believe some kind of twisted weather manipulation is taking place, absolutely.

This might help you out a bit. I'd hate for you to go though life believing crap like that.

And for a more in depth answer, look here.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well you sure did set me straight. Phew, im so glad i followed up on this. The learning never ends!

Thankyou for being a Gentlman about it, i appreciate that.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

you are welcome. There are way to many real things to be worried about, fake snow isn't one of them. (IMHO) Something like running out of beer in a crisis situation is worthy of serious concern. (again IMHO)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join