It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go players V Veterans who is in the right?.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So some pokemon go players were playing and it appears camping? at a memorial park and they had a run in with a couple of vets who thought they were wrong to play there.

Personally yeah the pokemon players may have been a little disrespectful but that is their right isn't it?.
So what do you think?.
edit on 30-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
sure it's in there 'right... but it also in the right of the veterans to put them in their place.

I would've done a lot more than just chew them out, I'd probably would've gone to jail, but I would've gotten my point across.

Stupidity is still, and has never been an excuse for disrespect.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
lemme get this straight.

some kids go down to the park and sit and chill..playing with their phones.

a couple jerks come up and demand they stop freely associating on public property..they happen to also be vets.

what did they fight for? to make public property off limits unless you have the right thinking?

no, vets are in the wrong 100% and morons at that. I think they should leave for not being respectful by wearing stupid clothes. Makes just as much sense. The only ones being disrespectful are the vets trying to smash the liberties of people simply for being offended for absolutely no reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I'd probably would've gone to jail, but I would've gotten my point across.

Your point being what? dont go to a park and use your phone?
Yeah, you're a hero..totally worth going to jail to teach kids the value of...umm...what...not playing pokemon?

Not going to parks unless you are in rightthink?

its that mindset that is far more disrespectful towards people who died to secure the liberties of americans than some kid wanting to just chill out and play a phone game.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

So being a vet makes it ok to assault people you don't agree with? sure the kids were being jerks but only one group got physical they should have just expressed their views to the kids and moved on.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

These vets were just two boss Pokemon that they were not skilled enough to catch. Got booted out like Team Rocket.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
sure it's in there 'right... but it also in the right of the veterans to put them in their place.

I would've done a lot more than just chew them out, I'd probably would've gone to jail, but I would've gotten my point across.

Stupidity is still, and has never been an excuse for disrespect.

You would have been more of an arse than those old farts? Really?

jesus christ. I have fists. no wonder you need guns.

weak.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You know the internet will make that a reality the memes on this lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

No stop, wait, they are vets, they fought for their country, they are superior, more important citizens with more rights than any one else.
It's in the constitution

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Yeah put them in their place, I agree
Just wondering where their place might be, a public park, sidewalk, bedroom

What exactly did the Pokemon players do wrong, what was their crime

Stupidity is endemic

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

They didn't want those kids to exercise their constitutional rights of freedom and such did they?.
Oh and I didn't know that...doesn't show the way the governments treats em though since Nam.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I am sorry, I was being sarcastic.
The vets were acting like selfish little children with a god given right to control the ground they stood on
Public property and all that, the kids were playing, the vets don't like people to have fun

I understand their dissapontment, frustration and anger, just think they went stupid the way they demanded others do as they are told to because they were "vets"

The constitution does not say vets are more important, I would imagine

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Ah right I was atte,pting to find out what they got lol.

Scary though all this pokemon I'm gonna hunt me a real one.

Just seen this :O

the last one :O
A little scary and swearing

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
People should remember that a lot of older Vets have been in and seen things even the newer vets (Irak ect) have never seen, so perhaps they hurt more. Kids have always been disrespectful of vets, they dont want to feel they owe anyone anything. Many Vets understand they went to hell and back so kids have the right to be kids. There will never be a good answer to the question the OP asked, but I think there should be a place where a persons soul and the body of there friend can find a moments rest togather

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Jeez, generation gap all gone to crap, huh? In what way is screaming and shouting at people gonna help? If any of those guys had asked the Pokemon guys to move across, they probably would have done. If there's a pokemon stop there, they could walk back to it every 10 minutes or so.

Despite the anger, it looked like the Pokemon crew were legally (dare I say morally) allowed to be where they were.

What happened? The Pokemon guys will have lost respect for those local Vets for being violent and abusive. The Vets will have even less respect for the youth than they apparently had in the first place. The police will be yawning at being called out to any future eruptions there.

The loudest guy might be a Vet, but he looks like a lousy human being.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
"The loudest guy might be a Vet, but he looks like a lousy human being."
Perhaps we should think what things he has seen and perhaps had to do that have made him like that. Things sometime are not as simple as they seem. Its true he does seem to be an assho#l, but why, is some thing we should try to ask ourselfs.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yeah he could have just had a chat with them civilly and I hope they would have moved on but we don't know what was said before the filming.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
"The loudest guy might be a Vet, but he looks like a lousy human being."
Perhaps we should think what things he has seen and perhaps had to do that have made him like that. Things sometime are not as simple as they seem. Its true he does seem to be an assho#l, but why, is some thing we should try to ask ourselfs.

Because he is intrinsically one [assh0le]. My dad fought in WW2, had seen a lot of 'stuff' and he was the nicest man and best dad ever. Saying that this Vet has seen things, is just speculation, the same speculation I could throw out and say: one of the kids may have been abused and won't take any crap from weird old men any longer. In the end, it doesn't matter that he may have seen some things, he behaved like an asshole because he is and he thinks he's got the right.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Diffrent things hurt people in diffrent ways, people react to the same thing in diffrent ways, I never said he had the right to behave like that and I never tried to find an excuse for him doing that, all I asked is what happened to him to make him seem such an assho#e. Every one has a story, our story is not an excuse to do things, but we still have our story

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I wonder of they would have approached those kids if they were skinheads with pit bull terriers throwing their empty beer cans on the ground?
No... They wouldn't. . Easy target those kids playing video games.

I would of told the old bastard to f off..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join