It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the People- @whitehouse.gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
For anyone who doesn't know-
At whitehouse.gov, any citizen (Or anyone, it seems) can make a petition for... well, whatever. Other people can 'sign' these online pettitions, and if you get enough signatures, the whitehouse says they'll 'review' it, or whatever.

I've followed this one for a while, and even added my name to a few of the things to see what the answers would be.
As expected, every time one gets enough signatures, some speechwriter comes up with a long-worded way of saying "We aren't going to do what this petition asks us to do, but thanks for asking" - typical goober types.

I had forgotten about this place for a while, but they sent me some junk email today so I thought I'd go check out what's currently on there.
They sort the petitions by most-signed, so you get to see what is getting the most attention first.

Let's call some out, eh?

The #2 spot :

The signatures on this petition have been assembled to express the need for a federal law enforcement agency that specializes in investigating the ethical conduct of all law enforcement agencies in the United States of America.

Link[/u rl]

Sounds like a good way to start the national police force. Ick.

The #13 spot:

As of this writing, 559 American civilians have been killed by police officers in the year 2016. The American people have had enough. We propose the creation of a nationwide, elected, and publicly reviewed Police Oversight Agency to set new standards and protocols for police conduct and enforce said standards and protocols. The proposed Police Oversight Agency will be responsible for: - Overseeing the hiring of police officers of all ranks to ensure that each police department has a diverse staff to reflect the constituents of its county; - Establishing and enforcing new standards and protocols for police conduct; - Publishing hirings, standards/protocols, enforcements, and updates to a publicly accessible website. Sign this petition if you believe the police need oversight.

[url=https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/petition-create-nationwide-elected-and-publicly-reviewed-police-oversight-agency]Link

This is a little bit better wording for the same thing as #2, but I guess people liked the poorly worded one better.
To be honest I really do think police need oversight- but not federal. State level might make sense.

The State Department was briefing the congressional Republicans, at an open hearing that the Republicans called, and were showing commercially-available satellite images of the area of the attack. But, Republican Chaffetz suggested that the images showed classified information that could endanger current ongoing operations in the area. This confirmed two things – one, that the picture was apparently of a CIA base, and two, that the base might still be in operation even after the attack that killed our ambassador. Chaffetz’s outbursts ensured that every terrorist in the world would now be checking C-SPAN to find out what the CIA was hiding in Benghazi, and that the base in Benghazi would become a high-priority target, as the CIA is frowned upon by Al Qaeda terrorists and others.

Link

Now I don't know who this is, but I've heard the name benghazi before- seems to be a hot topic at times- one of the older crimes against humanity by captain pantsuit. What got me here is the text itself says these images were commercially available- and the title implies they were top secret.
Not reading too much into it.

I do find it odd that there are no direct attacks against either of our primary candidates in the top 10, since this election people seem to be ready to put babies on pikes if the puppet of their choice isnt the one that wins.

We don't see any of that until...

Donald Trump has incited Russia to hack into and publish Hillary Clinton's private emails. The Republican presidential candidate is openly ENCOURAGING a foreign government to take illegal actions that would influence a US election. This is the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent. This has gone from being a matter of politics to being a national security issue. Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Link

I don't follow the clowns much, but I've seen a few posts on this. Assuming mr.wigs actually DID ask the russians to 'hack' her email, he's an idiot- as that server has been offline for a while.
Besides, the NSA has already been storing essentially ALL internet traffic in this country for a while now- Unless the clinton foundation has its tenticals up in there too, they'd have the emails already.

Millennials are more than 75 million strong in the United States, and are leading change. But when it comes to leading the nation at its highest level, they are faced with an impenetrable obstacle. Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the Constitution prohibits those under 35 from becoming President. These citizens are leading social change. They are creating billion dollar companies. They are at the forefront of medical advancement. And they must be heard. It’s clear that individuals under the age of 35 have been revolutionizing our country for centuries, and are just as capable as an older candidate. President Obama: Call on Congress to address the age requirement necessary for presidential office with an amendment to the Constitution to allow adults under 35 to be President.

Link

Thought this one was interesting, but I'm not old enough to be president yet- so I guess I'm not old enough to really know why they set this limit yet.
Does seem odd, though- when that was written, anyone over 35 was looking at old age living. Maybe they figured anyone younger might not be forward thinking enough to avoid starting a war? Hard telling.

Although The FBI has suggested Mrs. Clinton did not try to cover up the deleted emails, she did in fact purposely disregard the mandate that she use a government server for handling classified emails which posed a threat to national security.

Link[/ur l]
Finally, 24 down, there's a petition against the chosen one, and one of the laws it has broken.

The first one I actually like- but it looks like my post is full so I can't paste the full contents. They're pro trump (I am not) but they're calling for a fair vote. [url=https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/only-paper-ballots-hand-counted-be-used-2016-presidential-election]Link

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It is VERY dangerous for the Federal government to be given authority over the police forces of a state.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Now I don't know who this is, but I've heard the name benghazi before- seems to be a hot topic at times-

I wonder if this one will gain steam....

The signatures on this petition have been assembled to express the need to lynch a good majority of government representatives at both the State and Federal level. As a matter of fact, we would like to see them sodomized with pineapples....backwards. In addition, the electorate needs to be abolished, with the popular vote the only metric needed to vote an individual into the office of the President. And not that it's a priority, but we'd like to see all lobbyist tarred and feathered as well.

All add my name to that one...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We truly live in an IDIOCRACY.

That is WHAT the Department of Justice was created for.

FEDERAL OVERSIGHT.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Call on Congress to address the age requirement necessary for presidential office with an amendment to the Constitution to allow adults under 35 to be President.

I swear to GOD.

Leave it alone.

Running a country is a hell of alot different than running facebook.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh wouldn't that be fun, having a millennial that gets triggered into tantrums as POTUS.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I still think the best and most productive one yet was to build a Death Star.

Lots of jobs created and practical applications are limitless.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

For those of you wondering, THIS is the response to we the people asking the goons for a death star.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Oh wouldn't that be fun, having a millennial that gets triggered into tantrums as POTUS.

mil·len·nial
miˈlenēəl/
millennials; plural noun:
Millennials
a person reaching young adulthood around the year 2000; a Generation Yer.
"the industry brims with theories on what makes millennials tick"

A young adult is generally a person in the age range of 20 to 39 (or 40), although definitions and opinions, such as Erik Erikson's stages of human development, vary. [dead link] The young adult stage in human development precedes middle adulthood. A person in the middle adulthood stage ages from 40 (or 41) to 64.

If you're reaching 'young adulthood' at 20, and you turned 20 around the year 2000, you'd be 36 today. By definition, a millennial is curently age 36 to 55- prime candidate for running for office
Maybe I should start a post in the rant section for abuse of the term 'millennial'- seems it's the hot new word used by actual millennials for whippersnappers- those damn kids with their music I don't understand, who won't get off my lawn.

But maybe I'm missing something- you damn kids with your hair keep changing the definition of words without notifying those of us who don't keep up with the talking picture box.

edit on 30-7-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

top topics

join