It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone understand spiritual truths?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Since your words are also written by a man, should one conclude from your perspective that what you've written is also is full of errors, contradiction and lies?

Nice try at obtuse, but I never claimed my words were dictated or inspired by the biblical god. My words are my words alone, and neither you, nor anyone else should take my word, or the bibles words as gospel. Engage your brain, and do your own research. There's plenty of solid evidence that what I've said about the bible is true.

See how silly that is?

No I don't. I see your rush to confirm your bias and soothe your dissonance, because you'd rather do anything than to have your beliefs questioned or shown to be untrue.

Try taking a little time to think about the concept you just wrote. If there was any truth that what's written by men has no basis of truth, then EVERYTHING on planet earth spoken from Doctors, Scientist and even your neighborhood plumber could never be accepted as factual.

Again intentially obtuse. I never said what men write could have no basis in truth. I said...

It is no more "gods" word than our word is, since it was written by men, and is full of errors, contradiction, and lies.

I don't think you understand what you're writing.

I understand exactly what I'm writing, because I have engaged my brain, and I see the bible for what it is. A work of men, and not of god. That doesn't mean it has no value. It means you don't try to live your life by a work of mostly fiction. Take what's good from it, and apply those metaphors and wisdom to your life, but don't take it at face value, any more than you would take Grimm's fairy tales at face value. Neither is meant to be taken literally.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I understand exactly what I'm writing, because I have engaged my brain, and I see the bible for what it is. A work of men, and not of god.

And this is how you and millions of others will always see it, unless you're
called of God and the Sprit of God reveals spiritual truth to you.

Your dilemma is no different than hundreds of other people who spend
an incredible amount of time trying to disprove Biblical truths.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A seeker who testing cause and effect will eventually find something real if the seeker keeps asking questions and testing the different tools.

Reiki is spreading and it is only a matter of time until some religion looses followers to real spiritual tools where people can feel the energy flowing thru their bodies.
edit on 27-7-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

A seeker who testing cause and effect will eventually find something real if the seeker keeps asking questions and testing the different tools.

Reiki is spreading and it is only a matter of time until some religion looses followers to real spiritual tools.

The modern day use of any type of spiritual tools is described in the scriptures as witchcraft and sorcery.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

Reiki is spreading and it is only a matter of time until some religion looses followers to real spiritual tools.

The modern day use of any type of spiritual tools is described in the scriptures as witchcraft and sorcery.

What is a spiritual tool? Definition and an example please?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I understand exactly what I'm writing, because I have engaged my brain, and I see the bible for what it is. A work of men, and not of god.

And this is how you and millions of others will always see it, unless you're
called of God and the Sprit of God reveals spiritual truth to you.

Your dilemma is no different than hundreds of other people who spend
an incredible amount of time trying to disprove Biblical truths.

So are you trying to tell us that you have been given special insight from god?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'll give you an example. In the early 80's the self-help aisle of
many book stores carried a lot of motivation self help books.

Books like Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. If one read
this book he would have been introduced to a chapter called
the Master Mind, or something similar in title.

This chapter was about using make-believe people, usually people
that had already died and forming a Master Mind Alliance.

Unbeknownst to those who followed this practice, they were
practicing an ancient art called necromancy. Where one seeks
'advice' from those that have previously died.

All of those that make a connection, will receive advise from
demonic spirits, since dead people can never speak from the grave.

They simply write books and make them attractive for the public,
like the very popular book called The Secret, or material influencing
people to use spirit guides.

Anything used to connect and/or transcend from natural to spiritual
for any purpose are deemed spiritual tools. Whether people knowingly
understand or not, are contacting demonic spirits.

These are of course the spiritual tools disseminated for public consumption.
There are some horrible covert initiations to those foolish enough to
seek power, riches or enlightenment, that require less-than-humane
practices.

The sad part is many Christians use these books thinking they can
gain wealth or better health. Some people are willing to disobey
Christ for wealth, for proof just look at how many follow charlatans
like Mr Creflo Dollar.

edit on 7/27/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

And this is how you and millions of others will always see it, unless you're called of God and the Sprit of God reveals spiritual truth to you.

Your dilemma is no different than hundreds of other people who spend an incredible amount of time trying to disprove Biblical truths.

I have no dilemma, and there is no try. Much of what is in the bible has been dis-proven. The rest is philosophy, and doesn't need to be dis-proven, because it is what it is, and is common knowledge throughout the most religions in the world, and throughout history. It isn't unique to the bible.

Whatever. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

A big problem with the Pharisees and Sadducees is they had elevated the teachings of the rabbis to the level of the Tenakh, they were already following the Talmud at that time. Jesus alludes to this in Mark chapter 7. It's a problem today, many denominations and the RCC have catechisms, the SDA's follow the writings of Ellen G White, and if her writings differ from scripture she has the final say, Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses re-translated the Bible into their own private version.

But it's not new, the early 4th and 5th century Christians in Alexandria Egypt were mutilating the scriptures too and deleting parts they didn't like, Irenaeus called out Marcion and Valentinus for mutilating the scriptures. It's always a problem when people think the Word of God isn't sufficient for doctrine, reproof, rebuke, and instruction in righteousness and they add to it, or take away from it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

OK,,so. once again I'm trying to get this straight. You say

How would you or anyone else understand unless the Spirit of God is the teacher?
But your dilemma can be answered with one scripture.

This was in answer to my question of how one might differentiate between all the false spiritual teachings the illusions and delusions that the devil creates from which we must choose the correct one.

Then you offer this scripture to answer my questions

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2Thess 2:11

So now you are saying that God shall send me a delusion(along with all of the devils delusions) that I should believe his lie (among all of the devils lies ). Now I must distinguish between not only the truth, but the lies of the devil along with the lies of God Himself?

Why in the world would anyone want to study about spiritual teachings with you at all? You seem to have no ability to answer simple questions without referring to even more complicated and nonsensical answers.
Never mind, I won't bother you with questions any longer.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Let me attempt to answer your question, the OP gave you a bad verse in response to your legitimate question, perhaps he misunderstood your question. The strong delusion Paul is talking about isn't here yet, Paul says God will send it when the Lawnless One (Antichrist) is here, working false miracles by the power of Satan.

To your question, I believe the best way to avoid deception is the method the Bereans used at Antioch in Acts 17, they received the teachings they were given but went home and diligently searched the scriptures to see if what was being taught was true or false. God will never teach something via the spirit to us that contradicts His revealed written Word. It will never happen, God isn't the author of confusion. We are to test everything we hear or see and reject anything that contradicts scriptures.

edit on 7 27 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical
Thankyou

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So now you are saying that God shall send me a delusion(along with all of the devils delusions) that I should believe his lie (among all of the devils lies ).

You can gain understanding how God sends a strong delusion using Satan
by reading the story of the King of Israel who sought to convince Jehoshaphat
to help him in a battle against his enemies found in 1 Kings Chapter 2
In the story a lying spirit convinces the Most High he can influence the false
prophets to speak lies to the King of Israel that he'd be victorious at Ramothgilead.

God ruleth in the kingdom of men, nothing happens without his approval.

Why in the world would anyone want to study about spiritual teachings with you at all? You seem to have no ability to answer simple questions without referring to even more complicated and nonsensical answers.

Dear Sir you're already doing a study with me. Whether or not you take the time
to peruse the scriptures I mention is up to you. Hopefully you'll change
your mind like Naaman, who at first full of pride refused, but then
decided to go for it

Also surely you're cognizant of the fact you're not the only one reading
these threads.I suspect that there are some who read these threads
who are more like the Bereans who will investigate for themselves.

edit on 7/28/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If prophecy, revelation and "understanding spiritual truths" are real things they are not confined to the christian.

Actually more likely is the opposite as most rely on others to "interpret" scripture and have no understanding, just what they are told by corrupt leaders of darkness.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

He obviously doesn't know the Greek word for sorcery is where the word pharmaceutical comes from and that medicine is as much sorcery as what a "spiritual tool" is to him.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Paralogos

He obviously doesn't know the Greek word for sorcery is where the word pharmaceutical comes from and that medicine is as much sorcery as what a "spiritual tool" is to him.

A pharmaceutical drug is a drug used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent disease.
According to your statement you'd have people to believe that taking a
pharmaceutical preparation, or even common Aspirin is somehow a
'spiritual tool'. Which is utter foolishness.

Only pagan physicians and/or esoteric practitioners practicing some kind
of occult healing is considered sorcery.

Someone simply taking medication is not involved in sorcery.

It might be beneficial to spend more time seeking to understand common
knowledge, before you hurt someone or yourself trying to understand spiritual truths.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Correct, the sorcery that Revelation says the people did not repent of is mind altering drugs, not medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join