It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

I'm interested in learning about such things, but not doing them myself. Just reading about them, hearing others' experiences, etc.

a reply to: Skid Mark

Funny you should mention Stephen King! I love his work. But you know... I can't say I've ever read that particular story. I would love to blame him for my phobia LOL, but it's not to be. Though now I AM interested in reading it... probably wouldn't be wise though.

a reply to: Norge

Speaking of mirror rituals! I plan to do such a thing in one of the stories I'm writing.
I thought that with my fear of mirrors, of entities being within said mirrors, that could be a spiffy spin. And the girl in the story afflicted by the entity within the mirror helps him out, and, well, chaos ensues.

I wonder why you saw your father looking back at you! That IS pretty amazing.
How long ago did you see him?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I have heard of these but never tried scrying myself.

Kaelci, fascinating thread! I had no idea people had this fear. I have looked in the mirror at night my whole life. Never seen a ghost or anything unusual. I would think seeing a ghost would be cool, as long as it's the friendly kind. LOL

Looking forward to whatever other replies you get in here.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Thanks.
I've learned to live with it.
And as i said earlier. Even when i have seen in the mirror. Nothing bad actually happens.
And. Nothing bad will happen for you either.
Covering over them will help for now. Until you get out of the house of mirrors.

You'll be fine. Really.
As for answers. Maybe there aren't any.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Since i was a young child i have hated Mirrors with a vengence and i do not know why , i will not have one in the bedroom even today .

And on the candle rituals with mirrors be carefull what you write as decades ago i told a drinking bud of mine of my experiments with this and not long after he was found hanged in his room that shook me for a good while .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That's awful!!

What kind of experiments, may I ask?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

From what i remember ? you are in a dark room with a mirror and a candle in between you and the mirror , you need to zone out if that makes sense ! .

The same thing as when you see a image in a mirror going into infinity , you would stare into your own eyes and get dragged into the mirror , it was as weird as hell , but then i was only young 18-19 years old at the time but it is a thing i have never repeated or wanted to as many a fool comes on things by accident ! .

I told my friend about it one night in the bar as you do at that age , And told him to try it for a laugh , the next i heard he hung himself a week later , i have had a guilt trip for 30 years wondering if what i told him drove him over the edge .

And no drugs were involved at the time despite the user name that came years later

edit on 27/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Oh yes, that makes sense and.... no, just no... I could never do that!! I get the creeps just imagining it! *shudder*

Not that it means much coming from a stranger over the internets, but I am sorry about your friend.

I'm sure that there must've been other things on his mind, and surely your candle experiment alone wasn't to blame!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

How is your book going?

I would love to read it =)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

It's... getting there I suppose!

I have about 50,000 words complete in the story I want to finish first, but at the same time thinking of the other stories because I would like to do a trilogy overall. So I keep switching about here and there, and not focusing on one thing at a time like I should be doing.

But at least I'm getting a feel for the history and the life for the land involved! Most of my days are spent daydreaming of it if not writing it. It will all culminate together in the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It is good to know that i am not the only one who has a thing about mirrors , Another thing that in real life you never talk about for fear of riddicule but on the net you can talk about with like minded people .

Good luck with the book and do 1 page a day

edit on 27/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Please let me know when its finished, are you gonna do your own publishing?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Once i had a mirror placed in front of my face by someone else, and she asked;" Do you see what i see? "
And i saw something so dark that i left the civilized world for a week..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I want to try for a proper publishing house, but if no one likes my work... there are plenty of people here on ATS who have self-published and have shared their experiences and how they went about things, so will self-publish if I have to! I want it out there and will definitely let you know!

Once i had a mirror placed in front of my face by someone else, and she asked;" Do you see what i see? "

*smiles*
You didn't see what she saw.

Mirrors are cursed things. *shudders*.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That's just a tiny part of the story. It's actually very good. If you like the Dark Tower series, it ties into it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Carry on you have my undevided attention , what did you come across in the mirror

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I came across, me, naked...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You have my sympathy bud what is seen cannot be unseen , i may not sleep tonight just thinking about the horrors that your eyes had to look apon j/k but then again she may have been on to something

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I think im gonna go write children stories with about 500 words, simplistic eastern japanese folktale with a binding universal message..
Ive seen my mind in a western modern culture and im horrified and everytime my jaw drops. And i look and say;" is this me?"
The way my mind works at its best is from the eastern japanese culture and perspective, their way and their traditions, and especially their way of telling a tale. Figuratively works, literally does not.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

the most important aspect about learning anything about yourself.. The monster is only something a mother can love..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yea. One time i saw in the mirror the same thing i saw popping out of my head in a picture taken of me.

Looked like a grey alien, but rather than a large round head, the head was shaped like an upside down triangle with large eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join