It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey and Erdogan: Here comes the (real) caliphate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Almost two years ago I read or saw a video that said Tayyip Erdogan would be removed from power. He has stopped being useful to TPTB. Maybe the fortune telling article was correct after all ? There have been thousands of arrest not to mention firing teachers and administrators. Sounds like a Muslim Brotherhood tactic to me.. Teach the Quran or ? It will be interesting to see what happens to Turkey over the next few months and years .... I am personally glad I am not there. The Turkish people (the ones I know) are honorable and decent. Turkey is a beautiful country with so much to show and offer... I personally hate to see them rear advance to the 7th century.

If today’s Western leaders possess one general trait, it’s a genius for self-deception. Insisting that Islamist terror has nothing to do with Islam, or that religion has no strategic impact, or that all human beings want freedom and democracy, amounts to declaring that up is down, right is left and night is day.

And midnight is coming for millions in Turkey, even as we insist that a dying flashlight is the sun.

Over the past few years, many Americans heard the term “caliphate” for the first time as ISIS declared that the territory it seized from Iraq and Syria was the caliphate reborn. To us, “caliphate” appeared to be just another name for a vast torture chamber. But for hundreds of millions of Muslims, many of whom have nothing to do with ISIS, the caliphate is associated with a lost and much-romanticized golden age when the caliph, who was also the Turkish sultan, claimed spiritual dominion over all Muslims.

hsrd.yahoo.com...=1/RE=1470375184/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RB=/RU=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mb3huZXdzLmNvbS9vcGluaW9uLzIwMTYvMDcvMjEvdHVya2V5LWFuZC1lcmRvZ2 FuLWhlcmUtY29tZXMtcmVhbC1jYWxpcGhhdGUuaHRtbAA-/RS=%5EADADdIMuyxRdTVeEtSuXgTX0t7N2ro-

If you decline to acknowledge what a man wants, you’ll find it hard to understand what he does. The immense and destructive crackdown underway in Turkey now, with at least 10,000 Turks taken into custody and as many as 100,000 others dismissed from their positions — not only soldiers, but judges, civil servants, police and academics — isn’t an end-game. It’s a beginning.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Don't worry about Turkey. They want into the EU. Have since before there was an EU. And it's the military that REALLY runs the country.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's scary. Might he reinstate the death penalty?

It makes me wonder if he started the coup himself. The jets had him in their sights but didn't take the shot.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Don't worry about Turkey. They want into the EU. Have since before there was an EU. And it's the military that REALLY runs the country.

If you read the article you will see that many of the military leaders have been removed.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Just wait.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Just wait.

Exactly !! Like I said the next few months may get quite interesting. I just hate to see Turkey turned into another M.E. cesspool with all the mayhem and deaths.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
The jets had him in their sights but didn't take the shot.

People were flying those jets. They might have considered how many people were aboard the aircraft with Erdogan and hoped he'd just flee the country. Killing a plane full of people ain't something one does on a whim.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

He has stopped being useful to TPTB

Getting rid of him won't fix how sloppy the military operates down along the Syrian border.

They are supposed to keep all that covert cross border stuff secret. 'He' has been caught moving arms and fighters, chemical weapons, oil and even shot down a Russian fighter. Tsk Tsk.

Apparently, even his now generals don't like him anymore...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
His plan is simple, flood Europe with muslims, then he can become the leader of muslim Europe.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

originally posted by: intrptr
'He' has been caught moving arms and fighters, chemical weapons, oil [...]

The MİT handled that. Yes.They didn't do it alone though.
The turkish/syrian border is the natural regional conduit for a variety of operations, used in arrangement with the al-Muchabarat al-'Amma as-Saudia and the CIA (and tolerated by several western intel services).
Now since Erdogan's AKP-regime has of course evidence for this, he has to be discredited and maligned to a damning degree, before any kind intervention can happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I suspect that plan has several other countries aligned to it such as Saudi who started all this radical infiltration by putting mosques into every corner of the world with their own imams that they could think of.

I don't think Russia is the enemy its muslim ambition to rule the world whether others want it or not. Ghastly thought!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If you read the article you will see that many of the military leaders have been removed.

its who is replceing them that is the problem, will they be ISIS associaites ?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Turkey doing anything other than going along with what they are told to do right now is almost literal suicide.

It really makes me wonder the REAL reasons behind this coup, because let's be real, the USA had to have known about it. Russia too.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Now since Erdogan's AKP-regime has of course evidence for this, he has to be discredited and maligned to a damning degree, before any kind intervention can happen.

Turkey is a member of NATO, he's complicit with all the subterfuge aimed at making "Assad go". In fact he's a puppet of NATO and his own military carried a coup to remove him.

Thats more telling than anything else.

If he's fallen from favor and now NATO wants "Erdogan to go" they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Now its even a bigger mess, if thats possible.
edit on 22-7-2016 by intrptr because: correction

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Seems from the reaction of the EU that it will be highly unlikely Turkey will gain entry now particularly as he has just suspended the Human Rights Agreement

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Seems from the reaction of the EU that it will be highly unlikely Turkey will gain entry now particularly as he has just suspended the Human Rights Agreement

The first passing thought I had by your post was why be a member when the invasion is well underway and when completed... Rule..

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I really wonder if any of the things supposedly going on in Turkey are happening at all.

...Maybe just another massive "public opinion trolling expedition" to get us ignorant Americans to scream for something to be done...

Just Look at current events.

Is this all actually happening ?, or is it all just entertainment?.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: TheTory
The jets had him in their sights but didn't take the shot.

People were flying those jets. They might have considered how many people were aboard the aircraft with Erdogan and hoped he'd just flee the country. Killing a plane full of people ain't something one does on a whim.

Coups arent something one does on a whim. If they arent willing to do that to get the head guy then they have no business attempting a coup in the first place.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I really wonder if any of the things supposedly going on in Turkey are happening at all.

...Maybe just another massive "public opinion trolling expedition" to get us ignorant Americans to scream for something to be done...

Just Look at current events.

Is this all actually happening ?, or is it all just entertainment?.

It's happening unless my friend in Turkey wanted to lie to me about it with no reason or benefit at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The current administration has added this shift with its public kissing of Iran's azz. Turkey has always looked back on its glory days as those of its Islamic adventure......and still sore about it. They are a proud people and are fit to fall into a Islamic Nationalism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join