It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Republicans unknowingly electing Pence for their President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Are the Republicans unknowingly electing Pence for a president?

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

NYTimes Source Link 7/20/2016

Why is this the first I have heard about this? Did the media hold off on publishing? Did Kasich's team hold off never believing Trump would actually become the nominee? 

I can completely understand Kasich not wanting to be at the convention, let alone be Trump's VP! I did vote for Kasich in the primaries so I am bias, but what say you?  This does seem like Trump's style of delegation. 

He would be able to soak up the praise if others do all of the work and it turns out great and yet, be able to denounce the VP if it goes bad...real bad! 

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Wow.

Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

According to such a hypothesis, Trump would act as nothing but the front face of the machine, diverting attention away from whatever happens behind the curtain.

Unfortunately Trump would serve as a very efficient decoy - if someone can divert attention, it's him. The hypothesis is alarmingly realistic.

The whole thing smells like something a council of foreign relation would do. If that is the case, then Trump is NOT going to have much power to change anything.

edit on 20-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have heard and entertained similar theories but more along the lines of he will pick a VP, get elected and then get "whacked" by some crazy SJW... Leaving VP in charge and possible TPTB plan all along..

Or something.

Have I mentioned my new secure straps for my tin foil hat?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Wow.

Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

According to such a hypothesis, Trump would act as nothing but the front face of the machine, diverting attention away from whatever happens behind the curtain.

Unfortunately Trump would serve as a very efficient decoy - if someone can divert attention, it's him. The hypothesis is alarmingly realistic.

The whole thing smells like something a council of foreign relation would do. If that is the case, then Trump is NOT going to have much power to change anything.

I actually was thinking it sounds more like King Trump with a Prime Minister doing all the work. He is just the image and that strokes that narcissistic ego of his. Enjoying all of the perks and benefits and leaving real responsibility to others.

Personally, I would be fine with this....IF I was able to actually elect the VP too! Believe me, it would not be PENCE!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I have heard and entertained similar theories but more along the lines of he will pick a VP, get elected and then get "whacked" by some crazy SJW... Leaving VP in charge and possible TPTB plan all along..

Or something.

Have I mentioned my new secure straps for my tin foil hat?

Admittedly, I am amazed that more members on a conspiracy site are not all refreshing their tin foil hats during this election cycle! Should we warn them that they may be defective?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It would make sense to have your VP focus on certain areas while the PoTUS focuses on his. It makes sense to give the VP to someone who you believe Is strong in an area you're not. Maybe it's simply more logical to take only a slice of pie rather than gobble down the whole thing by yourself and end up with a mess in the end.

What if the VP is to take on foreign policy while the PoTUS works exclusively on America, hence making it great again? It doesn't sound at all far fetched. Maybe you guys are reading too much into this?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Delegating responsibility is a sign of a good leader, the best bosses are the ones who trust in the team they have chosen.
You do wonder how Trump ever made a good businessman but it could be because he effectively delegated responsibility by knowing his own weaknesses.

I think it's actually pretty clever if this is indeed his plan and might actually bolster support from the people that are against his nomination for the GOP.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Kind of like the Bush administration where Cheney was the evil mastermind, I suppose.

However, don't fret that evil, lying, incompetent women has already been guaranteed the win.

edit on 01731America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jul 2016 17:01:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I say it`s about time that the VP actually gets to do something besides sitting and collecting a pay check.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

You do wonder how Trump ever made a good businessman but it could be because he effectively delegated responsibility by knowing his own weaknesses.

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

So, is this Trump admitting his weaknesses are both foreign and domestic policy? HAHAHA
Where would his strengths lie? Oh yes, mugging for the cameras. A+

Honestly, I can imagine that conversation taking place. I sure wish this source would have had the gumption to just put his name out in the open. Why hide the facts, if it is true?
edit on 7/20/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
It would make sense to have your VP focus on certain areas while the PoTUS focuses on his. It makes sense to give the VP to someone who you believe Is strong in an area you're not. Maybe it's simply more logical to take only a slice of pie rather than gobble down the whole thing by yourself and end up with a mess in the end.

What if the VP is to take on foreign policy while the PoTUS works exclusively on America, hence making it great again? It doesn't sound at all far fetched. Maybe you guys are reading too much into this?

Well according to the aide...Trump wants his VP to handle 'domestic' and 'foriegn' policy. That is what the Presidents job is. Doesn't sound like Trump wants to work.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The president is more or less like an elected monarch with a 4 year term, so you wouldn't be that far off the mark either way.
edit on 20-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Delegating responsibility is a sign of a good leader, the best bosses are the ones who trust in the team they have chosen.

I think it's actually pretty clever if this is indeed his plan and might actually bolster support from the people that are against his nomination for the GOP.

So you are okay to elect Trump as the 'image brand' knowing that the real person who will be running the country and making decisions is Pence? Why not just elect Pence? Is that because Pence would never get enough votes in a real election?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Kind of like the Bush administration where Cheney was the evil mastermind, I suppose.

However, don't fret that evil, lying, incompetent women has already been guaranteed the win.

I actually am having visions of the Wizard of Oz scene wear the Great OZ head tells them to ignore that man behind the curtain. Seems like the curtain is getting pulled back to reveal the real Republican President candidate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

So, is this Trump admitting his weaknesses are both foreign and domestic policy? HAHAHA
Where would his strengths lie? Oh yes, mugging for the cameras. A+

Honestly, I can imagine that conversation taking place. I sure wish this source would have had the gumption to just put his name out in the open. Why hide the facts, if it is true?

I agree! I wonder if this had come out sooner too, if the delegates may have rethought how the voting would happen. Basically, unbound the delegates. Hmmm. Then again, they may already know this and that is why Pence is going to be accepted as VP.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You're a little late to the party it seems. The reason it seems so alarmingly realistic is because that is how it has been for a long time now. The president is the clown on stage while the people behind the curtains do all the dirty work.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is so disturbing. It's tantamount to circumventing the will of the voters. What was Trump going to be doing? Lining his pockets? He has always said he wanted to be elected but not necessarily serve.

www.msn.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Presented in a recent interview with a scenario, floating around the political ether, in which the presumptive Republican nominee proves all the naysayers wrong, beats Hillary Clinton and wins the presidency, only to forgo the office as the ultimate walk-off winner, Mr. Trump flashed a mischievous smile.

“I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens,” he said minutes before leaving his Trump Tower office to fly to a campaign rally in New Hampshire.

edit on 7/20/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I say it`s about time that the VP actually gets to do something besides sitting and collecting a pay check.

So you are okay to give a Paycheck to Trump while he just Trumps about the globe playing golf and partying?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think Kasich had an obligation to report this far and wide prior to the convention.
And what is additionally appalling is that the Trump supporters HATE Kasich. Not the same constituency - at all - and, yet, Trump was allegedly willing to hand him the reigns?
edit on 7/20/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This is not much to sink the teeth into....just manufacturing a truffle.

The real direction to attend to and clearly demonstrated.......is the laying down the foundations of a Trump Family Dynasty. May even include a female or two there in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join