It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have nothing to lose but our chains

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Whose truths? Whose facts?

Just curious. There's truth, then there's reality.

That the people in the above videos are mentally flawed in their logic and thinking. Who's truth and facts? They do not have to be a specific persons facts or truths, they just are.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is our duty to fight
It is our duty to win
We have nothing to lose but our freedom LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's precisely why I mentioned arts, well put.

Where is this broad debate in our society on how things could work? How are those youngsters supposed to deliver concepts now? That's actually hard work as well, I didn't expect them to throw it all at me in a few sessions. Yes, it surely does look like clueless activism, but creating awareness might not be such a bad idea after all.

It's the youth, which will suffer vastly from this giant corporation we call western civilisation. Setting themselves loose from those chains is their duty. Yes we could piss on their parade and freak out in advance 'cause their struggle might turn violent while it lasts. Maybe it's our duty to make sure it doesn't? Who are we if we wouldn't support their cause with experience and just watch 'em ruin the one thing they strive for? There will be the ones advocating violence and we should've more than just a keen eye on them.

Feels great to see those folks chanting the stuff we threw out during my college time. History repeating itself...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The whole world is blurry right now.

With the coup in Turkey and Brexit and Hillary being let off.

I'm gonna disconnect and wait for the sound of the train.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yes, it's their duty to fight and win, but they never quite seem to get what they are fighting and winning in the name of. That's the problem.

Do you know that fascism was pushed and instituted in both Germany and Italy by the young who were basically fighting and winning in the name of change ... they just neglected to mention what the change was in the name of.

In other words, change isn't always change for the better or change for good, so fighting for the sake of change isn't a good idea unless you know precisely what you are fighting for.
edit on 20-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think freedom is a great concept to strive for, kinda funny to see it went missing right at the core of our free world.

Maybe it's a problem that's 'too big to tackle alone' and their chants are merely a cry for help? Watch The Corporation or read the Dialectics of Enlightenment if you wanna get a grip on what exactly did go wrong. It's actually quite a lot.

And where exactly did you expect them to lay their finger on? Or did you just expect them to shut the eff up and obey a nice and dark future?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

So the question is what freedom is being withheld from them and what chains are they being held in?

Freedom from responsibility is being withheld from them, and they are chained by their emotions and tribalism.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
A lot of them don't even know what they are talking about.

They are just chanting to fit into what the group is doing.

You have to know where the chains are to cut them off, that would be their student loans, but they won't see the truth for what it is until way too late.

And they don't deserve to either. These selfish, entitled brats have had everything in their lives handed to them on a plate. Their ancestors have fought to make their lives as good as they are, and this is how they behave. They are nothing more than Veruca Salts.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Hell yeah! Now pick it up, pick it up!

The brush, to paint pictures worth more than thousand words
The pen, to write poems that run deep between the lines
the mike, to sing songs worth more than empty words

Live imitates art, this is your chance. Seize it!

I was going to rewrite this a bit lol,but your words reminded me of this lol

Lose Yourself

By Eminem

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?
Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin'
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy? No
He won't have it, he knows his whole back city's ropes
It don't matter, he's dope, he knows that, but he's broke
He's so stacked that he knows, when he goes back to his mobile home, that's when its
Back to the lab again yo, this whole rhapsody
He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime you better
The souls escaping, through this hole that its gaping
This world is mine for the taking
Make me king, as we move toward a, new world order
A normal life is borin', but super stardom's close to post mortar
It only grows harder, only grows hotter
He blows us all over these hoes is all on him
Coast to coast shows, he's known as the globetrotter
Lonely roads, God only knows, he's grown farther from home, he's no father
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
But hold your nose 'cause here goes the cold water
His hoes don't want him no mo, he's cold product
They moved on to the next schmo who flows, he nose dove and sold nada
So the soap opera is told and unfolds, I suppose it's old partna, but the beat goes on
Da da dumb da dumb da da
No more games, I'm a change what you call rage
Tear this mother#in' roof off like two dogs caged
I was playin' in the beginnin', the mood all changed
I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhymin' and stepwritin' the next cipher
Best believe somebody's payin' the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the
Fact that I can't get by with my nine to
Five and I can't provide the right type of
Life for my family 'cause man, these God damn food stamps don't buy diapers
And its no movie, there's no Mekhi Phifer
This is my life and these times are so hard
And it's getting even harder tryin' to feed and water my seed, plus
See dishonor caught up between bein' a father and a prima-donna
Baby mama drama screamin' on and too much
For me to want to say in one spot, another jam or not
Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail I've got
To formulate a plot fore I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only mother#in' option, failures not
Mom, I love you, but this trail has got to go, I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
So here I go is my shot
Feet fail me not 'cause maybe the only opportunity that I got
You can do anything you set your mind to, man

Songwriters: Jeffrey Irwin Bass, Luis Edgardo Resto, Marshall B Mathers
© Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.
For non-commercial use only.
Data from: LyricFind

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I don't mean to criticize youth activism, it helped us get civil rights for all and ended the Vietnam war. But those were clear-cut goals with a simple message. Were there any way to steer their enthusiasm towards worthy ends I'd be the first to agree but therein lies the rub. Sadly, most universities have gone so far to the left that they perceive the greatest problem not to be rule by banks and corporations but White people. Not the rich ruling elites but all White people are somehow part of this invisible power structure that keeps minorities repressed, is responsible for police brutality, high incarceration rates and economic inequality.

Your average White person has no more to do with that than your average Black person does. Most of us here realize the real issue is a complete breakdown of our system due to greed. It has taken over our economy, our government at the Federal, State and often local levels and is infecting everything from education to the media to the arts. If only we could get the message through to the BLM and other groups that we need to join together in solidarity to even begin to tackle the monster that rules us all. Of course this is why racial division is being pushed so frantically to prevent that very thing from happening like it did under MLK.

The law isn't the problem, it's the lack of it at the very top that is doing the most damage. We backed down in '08 when we had the bankster's backs to the wall and instead of punishing them we left them alone and forced the taxpayer to recoup all the losses they sustained on bogus investments. It's never TOO late begin taking down the criminals in our government but I suggest we start at the top because if we do every lesser crook will looking to leave the country with all the loot they can carry. All we have to do is shut down electronic bank transfers, let no one leave the country without being checked and let the trials begin. We're going to need a lot more prosecutors.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
This video cracks me up..you can see they are ready to fight...its just they are not quite sure what for, but they will join in if you start it LOL

[yvid]
[/yvid]

Feel sorry for these and embarrassed that they are tools. Well feed for being in chains.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yea this constant tossing around the word "change" during the first Obama election was very creepy for the simple fact no details were given. But its ok cause magic man gona make it all happen and make the bad guys go away ect.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Apparently it is the duty of these mostly millennials to fight for their freedom, they have nothing to loose but slavery chains!

Chains to slavery?

Or minimum wage?

Whats the difference?

Why would University graduates have to work for minimum wage, unless they flunked their degree and came out with a 3rd or did a useless degree that others just laugh at.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That's precisely why I mentioned arts, well put.

Where is this broad debate in our society on how things could work? How are those youngsters supposed to deliver concepts now? That's actually hard work as well, I didn't expect them to throw it all at me in a few sessions. Yes, it surely does look like clueless activism, but creating awareness might not be such a bad idea after all.

It's the youth, which will suffer vastly from this giant corporation we call western civilisation. Setting themselves loose from those chains is their duty.

So the rest of the world is clambering to get into said civilization but you think it is their duty to set themselves free from it, well that's easy, just book a ticket to Africa.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think freedom is a great concept to strive for, kinda funny to see it went missing right at the core of our free world.

How exactly are they not free?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The way I see it is these people are wanting to blame everything in their life, or not having a life at all on somebody else. Its like a big emotional fart building up pressure and they are just dying to get the opportunity to blow it all out and stink the place up!
edit on 20-7-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Great song! I really like his old stuff, thanks.

Things will get worse if we don't speak up. Let's cut 'em some slag and hope for the best. You mentioned more prosecutors, but tax evasion (and the legal framework provided) is part of a bigger problem we couldn't tackle this way. Not to mention this epic case here in Germany, a blunt show of corrupt forces eager to conspire against any such attempts:

The Man Who Knew Too Much?

Prosecutors need our support, but that's obviously no solution when we start to put them (or journalists) in jail for digging up those greedy schemes.
There's no debate and allegedly no alternative to this current tax evading QE madness, at least nowhere near our MSM bubble. You know... this pile of BS way too much people use as their single source of disinfo...

So yes, guess I couldn't agree more with you. Have a nice day, Asktheanimals. Everyday!

edit on 20-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I see nothing that says they are fighting for freedom.

If you ask, they will tell you they are fighting for equality and social justice.

Now last time I checked, "social justice" mean forced equality of outcome under the law, and when you go that route, it means you lose your freedom. The two concepts are absolutely antithetical and incompatible.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How are they slaves? they are full of priviledges! bunch of lazy bums (said Mick to Rocky Balboa once!)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Why would University graduates have to work for minimum wage, unless they flunked their degree and came out with a 3rd or did a useless degree that others just laugh at.

Who you gonna work for but Mega Corp? They're not stupid. They graduate , the higher the degree the more it cost the deeper the debt, only to discover the real world doesn't just hire them for it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join