It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: Missile launch a test for nuclear strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's according to the North's KCNA news agency , they say the missile launches on Tuesday were a dry run for an attack on US military bases in the South .

North Korea said Wednesday its latest ballistic missile tests were personally ordered and monitored by supreme leader Kim Jong-un and simulated nuclear strikes on US bases in South Korea.

The three missiles launched on Tuesday were a dry run for attacks on South Korean ports and airfields hosting US military "hardware", the North's official KCNA news agency said.

The tests "examined the operational features of the detonating devices of nuclear warheads mounted on the ballistic rockets at the designated altitude over the target area", it said.

Yeah I know , more sabre-rattling and hollow threats from the North but what if they're not , seems to me that if it's going to come that's where it'll come from , perhaps we should take these threats a little more seriously.

But Tuesday's missile launches were seen as a show of force rather than a test to improve missile capabilities, a week after South Korea and the United States chose a site in the South to deploy the Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) anti-missile system to counter threats from the North. China has objected to the decision saying it would destabilise the security balance in the region. North Korea has threatened a "physical response" to the move.
www.aljazeera.com...

There will come a day when threats by NK will become actions , I feel we may be moving toward that point , if you corner a dangerous animal it will strike regardless of consequence.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Lil kimmy needs a whoopin it seems and a haircut ..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't really follow relations over that way, but I'm pretty sure if they start throwing nukes at anyone, the whole world will look down their noses and say,
"Excuse me sir, but WTF are you doing?"

Unless NK is just a clinton foundation plant to kick off a world wide nuke fest, of course. What do I know?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
And....30 minutes later , the country of NK becomes a glass cereal bowl

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am not expert on Nuclear warfare as the class was omitted during my primary education but I think I would be correct in assuming the element of surprise would be advantageous in such a situation regarding a first strike?, esp if you are a under dog.

I would not be losing sleep over this..

But then I am not a expert..

RA

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is very problematic.

The issue with NK is all the artillery they have pointed at the south. Even without a nuclear strike, they could still kill hundreds of thousands in the span of just a few hours.

If they are now openly suggesting nuclear dry runs for attacks on southern port cities, that's a bit more than saber rattling.

When you can show your reach that way and it's proven, we might see some movement down there soon enough.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I think most of us find turning anything into glass, despicable. We've lost our taste for that. NK will eventually have to be dealt with. Hopefully we can find a better way. We don't really try, have left that up to China, and they aren't doing such a great job.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Unless NK is just a clinton foundation plant to kick off a world wide nuke fest, of course.

What do I know?

Evidently, not much. Surely you don't believe that. It is the antithesis of what Democrats want.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I don't think the element of surprise is relevant here , this statement is about a paranoid nation feeling they may be facing an attack after the largest joint military exercises yet by the U.S. and south Korea forces , a preemptive strike could be seen by the North as a way to get the first punch in , I doubt the initial strike would be Nuclear but a follow up to the reaction could be.

I don't think any of us should lose sleep over it but we should be aware that there's a possibility that this could happen , we the people should be prepared for such an occurrence and the aftermath.

Knowledge is power.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is nothing new from these cats. Nuclear threats by NK date back several years if not decades
www.nti.org...

Regardless, I'm certain the powers that be are keeping close eye on it. If one day Pyongyang decides to launch against the south, they will do so with the understanding that that will be the end of North Korea as we know it. It would be a suicide mission. I'm not so sure little Kimbo Kim is that stupid. Not to mention China wouldn't appreciate this happening in their own back yard either.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Gothmog

I think most of us find turning anything into glass, despicable. We've lost our taste for that. NK will eventually have to be dealt with. Hopefully we can find a better way. We don't really try, have left that up to China, and they aren't doing such a great job.

You have to do what you have to do.
After all , I am a "Vulgar Vulture"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Thinking about what you said. Makes sense, but I don't think I would ever be able to reconcile using nukes (again).
I wish there was no such thing as nukes. Don't you? Don't we all really?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It would be suicide if Kim launched an attack. I think South Korea and the U.S. would literally wipe out North Korea's existence for good.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I agree but he could see it as suicide not to launch an attack , doomed if he does doomed if he doesn't.
Recent history shows the fate of despotic leaders in the sights of the west seems to be death.

I'm uncertain as to whether he's playing cat and mouse with the west or if he really just wants to roll the dice to see what happens.
I hope it's the former.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Kimmie would be done in one cruise missile to his capital city. If he shelled the south we would respond with a single tac nuke and end him.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So many here are living in la la land. Do you really think we would respond to Noko artillery with a nuke? Right on China's border? Really?

No. More like hundreds of thousands of South Koreans and untold American soldiers would be killed right off the bat. Would North Korea be defeated in the end? Yes of course. Would it be a suicide mission for them? Definitely.

They would also ruin the lives of millions of 'enemies' and cause signifigant damage in the process. I guess we are just lucky Kim is not some Muslim fanatic or else they would most assuredly take pleasure in going out in this style. It would have happened already.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Call it what you want but all they need to do is send it over a country and lights out for a long time..I shudder at the thought of seening UN trucks on US soil if an EMP attack was launched by North Korea..all they need to do is send up a satellite with a nuclear warhead in side and let it reenter out atmosphere at the time of their choosing.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

China would be copensated before a tac nuke was launched in exchange and a cruise missiles warhead isnt large enough to cause china a problem with fallout i think.

Shoot maybe china would do it themselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Woudnt be out as long as you think. 2 years max for the entire country. the only problem is replacing the transformers in reality. Most cars and trucks will survive the EMP blast according to research and testing surprisingly. Wall street and washington will be back up withing months due to their importance. The military wouldnt be down but about 30 minutes max and no down time for our forces out at sea. NK's leader woudnt survive the week

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It looks little Kim is upset that the world has turned their attention away from him so now he will threaten the US with nuke strikes on SK...

What's new?

He is a lonely little man that has no friends as even the Chinese are tired of his crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join