It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented 4K View of the Sun 2016. One Month of Solar Actvitiy / Solar Astronomy / Flares CMEs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you enjoy the beauty of the sun this should put a smile on your face...

The SDO captures an image every 12 seconds in multiple wavelengths - this video shows wavelength 304 and shows every image taken by the satellite during the month of March 2016.

The video comprises of over 220,000 different images - with a total data size of 1.5 Terabytes!

And beware it is in 4k...and long.

Not much more I can say as the video pretty much says it all.

Enjoy...
edit on 19-7-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It takes a certain mindset to see the beauty of the Sun. It is very easy to love it and the images, it is much harder to understand the raging chaos that is the Sun, understand its raw power, its brutal and impersonal fire, its absolute control over life and death...and still see its beauty.

I find it beautiful though, cos damn!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Just thought I would add another for those who don't do 4K...

NASA SDO - The Sun - Stunning close up images of the suns surface

Enjoy...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

it is much harder to understand the raging chaos that is the Sun, understand its raw power, its brutal and impersonal fire, its absolute control over life and death.

Yes it is.

And hopefully we can understand enough that it benefits mankind.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Amazing.. That is one huge alive ballon.. We seem to have just as many rumblings on our little blue marble..

edit on 19 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Removed..

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Fortunately, up till now, the Sun has not unleashed the fury it contains on the Earth during society's apex. If she did, once again we would be back to writing on stone and telling stories about the heavens.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Is it just me or is the quality surprisingly terrible for 4k? Youtube really doesn't even come close to the bitrate necessary to show this uncompressed. I'd prefer just ONE of those quarter of a million photos, over this video.

new topics

top topics

join