It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of the Steal: Ghostwriter comes clean.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some sources say over a million copies, other far less like the one you link to. It did spend almost a year on the best seller's list, though.

At 50% royalties (as stated in the article) that's not bad, especially if it was invested and not spent immediately on the kind of flash a Donald would buy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

It was certainly a good deal for the Ghostwriter and proof the Trump isn't the negotiator he claims to be.

But if he thinks this guy is going to have to pay him back a single cent he's insane. That was the Deal. Donald should understand that too. Maybe he needs to read the book first though to understand what Deal Making is all about. LOL

Trump is actually trying to claim the Ghostwriter didn't write the book. Which if he expects anyone to believe that, I'm not sure what to think. I'd say he's actually completely mental at that point and needs to be committed for living in his own mental reality instead of the real one.

What a liar and clown Trump has proved himself to be. The Trump name and the Man is a joke.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Unfortunately, the New York Times best sellers list is often bought, not necessarily earned. It's a weird system.

I have no doubt that he made a good chunk of money, but once the advance was paid out, the book has to sell enough copies to cover that before you ever make royalties. For Donald Trump, even if he didn't have other income, he would still make money from appearances. Unfortunately, the ghostwriter gets none of that money.

I'm not really arguing, just making the point that the publishing business is extremely convoluted. Numbers are hard to come by.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join