It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a cop followed me home from the gym today...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

My comments have nothing to do with vilifying cops. I was addressing your lame point, which was "I got profiled and I'm white, so blacks should quit whining about being singled out." You were being sarcastic - "oooh I got followed by a cop, should I call the media". You probably made the whole thing up, so whether or not you were actually profiled is not the point.

You are trying to marginalize a group of people who are tired of being wrongfully arrested/shot/beaten/tasered/choked.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know for most not having a vehicle is impractical. However, I haven't had an interaction with law enforcement for over 8 years now.

Let's just say, I eliminated the "vehicle" in which most of those interactions would occur. Pun intended.

Couldn't be happier, honestly.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No I actually have a BS and am currently working on another BS while working full time in the STEM field.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If they are tired of it then why don't they fix their actions? Or their culture? The fact is most with your type of thinking have a hard on for playing the race card, but fail to actually think through the facts.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He was most likely protecting you so you made it home safely during the "Day of Rage".

You should send the department a thank you letter and make a donation to your local state police.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Should I seek an apology from the respective police department for their inherent prejudice,

Yes. You should personally go down to the Police station and file a complaint. When they ask you to show ID, refuse to do so. Then contact the local news about how a police officer followed you through three turns and stop lights but did not pull you over.

Should this happen again in the future:
1) Call 911, tell them a suspicious car is following you.
2) Pull off somewhere. If the cop keeps going, start following him.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
How absolutely ridiculous.

I guess cop's should just stop doing patrols completely.

Next time you need the police, don't bother calling them.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RobotBomb

How absolutely ridiculous.

I guess cop's should just stop doing patrols completely.

I suppose the sarcasm is too far over your head. I'm sorry.

Next time you need the police, don't bother calling them.

I don't. Ever.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Are you freaking serious with this?!?!

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Did they pull you over?
Did they force you out of the car, handcuff you and put you in a jail cell because you asked why they pulled you over?
Did they shoot you while you were reaching for your ID?

No because I bet there was no visible gun.

Did they put you in a choke hold, cutting off your air supply?

No because there was no resist of arrest.

Did they taser you?

Refer to previous statement.

Did they beat you within an inch of your life?

Only if your beating on them first...

All they did was follow you? Perfect example of white privilege.

Worse example ever!
Your nitpicking examples to fit your narrative out of millions of police interactions and hundreds of police shootings. Something like 40 out of the 900+ police shootings in 2015 fit your tiny narrative. People like me have a problem with the shootings in general. Not just one tiny group.

OP I suspect your just a bad driver. You did something to garner the attention from the police but gave them no reason to pull you over. Like flashing a gun at people or matching a description of a strong arm robber.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If they are tired of being wrongfully arrested, shot, tasered, choked or beaten they should fix their actions?

If you are breaking the law, then you should be held accountable. If you are holding a weapon towards a cop, then you should expect to be shot. But if you aren't breaking the law or holding a weapon, then these actions don't apply. The punishment should fit the crime. That fact shouldn't be affected by your race, other actions or culture.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm 100% sure that's all they were doing.

The point of the thread is to dispel the notion that maybe a cop is just doing his/her job and not actually going after people because of their race. There have been some spotty claims by ATS members about how they think they get pulled over more just because of their skin color.

With all due respect, your thread and attempted point is awful.

People do get pulled over due to skin color. I've had a former detective tell me in a nearby city they actually used to have a code for black people driving in town and would call it in, check them out.

But people of all colors also get tailed/harassed by cops as that's part of proactive policing and policy. Exactly what do you want cops to do when they're on patrol?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If they are tired of being wrongfully arrested, shot, tasered, choked or beaten they should fix their actions?

If you are breaking the law, then you should be held accountable. If you are holding a weapon towards a cop, then you should expect to be shot. But if you aren't breaking the law or holding a weapon, then these actions don't apply. The punishment should fit the crime. That fact shouldn't be affected by your race, other actions or culture.

YES!

I know I was taught to respect the position of a law officer (position, not necessarily the person).

Fully cooperate 100%. Answer questions when asked (within reason). Never talk back.

You got a problem, take it up later through proper channels.

Same thing I taught my kids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My daughter was taken in to custody, because some kids decided to have a party while parents were gone for the weekend. A neighbor reported it. The LEO sent everyone over 18 home, then took all the minors in.

I tried to get them to keep her over night. They wouldn't do it. They just wanted to scare them. She got an A+ in cooperation.

"Guilt by association" - - - my kid was responsible for being there. Her fault! No one forced her to be there. Her fault!

Grounded her for a month. Out of all the kids that were there, my kid was the only one disciplined.

Other parents blamed the police for invading a private home. (they responded to a report from a neighbor).

edit on 16-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did you have an issue with anyone in the health club?. Maybe it was him.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No. You have no idea why. It couldve been anything. And you wont know. A robbery suspect, car, color or general description. Anything.

Everyday, officers are on the lookout for people, parents, dealers etc...you should be glad at least they were on the job. If you had nothing to worry about..why are you?

Honestly...being in that community service with them...I see and know of things everyday they (and us) are keeping eyes out for.

An example? One day, we had nearly 70 threats within the city for different things in different areas by different LEO agencies.

ONE day.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Try window tint. They were running your plates is all.

It is really awesome when you have really dark tint and then seeing the dissapointed look on the officers face when they walk up to your window and see just a white guy with a family.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I got followed by a cop for about a mile one night some years ago. He finally turned his lights on and pulled me over. I had no idea why. I pulled over and rolled down my window. He walked up shining his flashlight, got to my window and said, "Oh, wrong car." Apparantly my car matched the description of the one he was looking for and the person, but they didn't have a license plate number.

Maybe it was something similar in your case.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So the cop drove behind you for a while, and didn't ultimately do anything?

F the local news, call 20/20 or Dateline & demand they investigate this atrocity of local cops patrolling their beat! PEOPLE MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS, BRO.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

He pulled in behind me on my way home from the gym and continued closely behind me through three turns and four stop lights. I wasn't speeding, have a current registration and have zero tickets on my record.

Did you remember to signal when making those turns?

Cops often do this when they notice someone make a minor infraction. They just follow to see if there's a pattern that might indicate the driver behind the wheel is intoxicated. They don't necessarily pull you over immediately, if it's a small thing, like improper lane change, or turn without signaling, but will look to see if these things are repeated. Did you check your turn lights to see if they are all working properly? Maybe you made a left turn, and signaled, but the bulb is out, and the cop saw that the signal light didn't indicate the turn, then followed you, and the next two turns you made were right turns, and you signaled, and those bulbs were ok, so the cop just drove on and left you alone, thinking perhaps you just forgot to signal one time, and you're otherwise ok.

edit on 16-7-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Are you for real? You want the department investigated because a police officer followed you for a while.. you know that happens with ordinary people to, you know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING THE SAME WAY YOU ARE!

Seems like you're very sensitive and have some kind of persecution complex. This is what the current climate is doing to people, they look for signs of oppression everywhere and if they can't find real oppression they'll look closer and closer until they start imagining it. They'll read it into all kinds of ordinary situations.

Tell me, were you triggered by this microaggression? Or was this one of the macroaggressions?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So here is the point I am getting at with this thread.

We have two camps.

Camp 1- is willing to believe that I was profiled because I THINK I was profiled with no actual proof. Not even the race of the officer that pulled in behind me.

Camp 2- reserves judgement until they see actual proof. Until then, they assume the officer was just doing his job.

The camp 1 people are the problem. They are willing to villify police as well as an entire race based off of zero evidence and accept it as absolute fact. Not only that but racial jabs and comments were also made.

That is all, thank you all for participating in this weekends social experiment.

Your activity on this site has alerted the FBI and you will now be profiled everywhere you go

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join