It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice terror attacker Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel told police 'I'm delivering ice cream'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9
Perhaps the intended reicpients did not know that some of the weapons were fakes. If their immediate suppliers were doing it for the money, they might have been tempted to cheat their customers by covering a shortfall.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen

Now it is being reported that the grenades are fake and all but one gun were 'replicas'. I find that odd and I find it stranger why news articles don't comment on that being odd.

The "fake" meme could be a desperate red herring.

They need to keep this incident limited to a "Lone Wolf" story.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Silent d.a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's interesting approach, my husband told me about the fake weapons hours ago, I thought he was joking but that was the word he got at work, "military base".

Now as for he just going to cheat his customers, I think that he was not that stupid, because he would have gotten killed for that by the suppliers.

And then why doing the deed himself knowing that he was going to die.

It makes no sense something is not right.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Fake guns and grenades in the truck?

How 'bout this for a theory?: He was parked waiting to receive a shipment of arms from a seller...they screwed him by giving him fakes...(the one functional gun was the one they originally showed him to make the sale)...he threw them in the back...saw the crowds, started the truck and said "FINE....I'll do this without guns and grenades!"
edit on 15-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I agree, like people will tend to see as just one isolated incident limiting the anger and the masses going in panic mode.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe he was so mentally gone that he believed the replicas to be real inc. the granade, therefore he brought them with him.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Who goes out to commit such a heinous act carrying along replica weapons?

A person committing a false flag attack?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I doesn`t look like the truck was forcibly stopped so he must have had a reason for stopping the truck where he did. maybe other people were supposed to meet him at that spot and get the weapons to use against the police when they arrived. what buildings are at that spot where the other people could have hidden in unnoticed while they waited?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It works for Christians so why not Muslims?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Combining your suggestion with Iamtat's, I think we're beginning to get a very plausible picture.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Please hear me out on this one. We know now all but one of the weapons were fake (rifles and grenades). Ask yourself, why does this make sense?

Speculation:
Perhaps, this was a sting operation that went horribly bad. He was "recruited" by the security forces to gather more intelligence on his contacts. TO minimize and potential for him to actually carry it out, fake weapons were provided to him.
1. He was given (what he believed at the time) were real high-powered rifles and explosive grenades to conduct a terrorist operation, on Bastille Day, on this promenade, with the rifle and grenades.
2. His primary weapons would be the rifle and grenades, the pistol being the back-up. Only the pistol he brought being real and having limited firepower (which would cause very minimal damage if used).
3. However, when he got there, he realized they were fake.
4. Disgruntled, he stays there trying to decide what to do next....or tries contact someone via cellphone for guidance (no report of cellphone on him yet, but who there days does not?).
5. He decides (or is instructed) to use the truck itself as a weapon. This was well documented and distributed in the Al-Queda literature for many years. He may not have known, so someone who did provided that idea (or read it to him on the phone)
6. He commits and we know the rest.

The original "recruiters" of this man did not think of the truck being used. The likely original plan could have been that he would not detect the fake weapons, and when he tried to use them, his hand would be tipped. The police would swoop in before he killed or injured anyone with the pistol. Viola!! Government hero's!! The population celebrates them and their marshal law in place....it "saved them".

Plausible?? I dunno. But it does explain the fake weapons, the stop and long wait, and the use of the truck and ONLY the pistol when he emerged from it at the end amidst police fire.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I remember reading about a potential terrorist that brought bomb making material. Only he was been watched and the bomb making materials sold to him were fake (sold to him by undercover police). He made the bomb but it wouldnt detonate....as it was made with fake materials.

Possibly same thing happened here (just a wild theory now with no evidence to back it up)

I'll look for link to the story.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Unlikely, but maybe handlers just threw the fake guns in to loosely add to the gun control agenda.

Just another story to draw from for the TPTB to disarm citizens.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Well they sure can't expose the possibility that all recent attacks worldwide could be connected and a thousand people involved can they.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Exactly what you said!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not the one im thinking about, but another one i found in my search...

Both the car bombs and the missiles were actually fakes given to the plotters with the help of an informant for the FBI.[15] Each of the two homemade bombs was equipped with about 37 pounds of inert material designed to look like C-4 plastic explosive, and "there was no danger to anyone," Kelly said.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He originally had accomplices to use the guns and grenades to herd the crowds into the street where he would run them down in a more concentrated manner....or, conversely, pick off the people who were scattered when he was plowing through the crowds.

As I suggested earlier, the gun sellers screwed him with fakes, so his comrades left...and he carried on with just his part of the terrorist operation.
edit on 15-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If he was delivering all that arsenal he had, he's part of a larger cell which is still at large.

Unfortunately, more to come.

Edit: Did not see the arsenal was full of fake weaponry. That adds quite a wrinkle to this.
edit on 15-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Trying to shift the thread topic? Tell ya what Buster. Next time there is a "Christian attacker". I promise not to bring up Muslims. This is nothing but intentional thread drift. We are discussing a specific event that involved a Muslim. Stay on target Buster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join