It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 18-21 RNC in Cleveland--Security Concerns and the Political Powder Keg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Any ATSer's planning a trip to Cleveland, or live there? Do you have concerns?

The Republican National Conventions always draw protests. The current political and racial atmosphere in our nation suggests the numbers of protesters of all persuasion will be out in full force.

With the horrific ambush-murders of the policeman in Dallas on their minds, now compounded by the barbaric attack in France, security concerns are very high.

On top of this, Ohio is an open-carry state, although you won't be allowed to carry inside the secure zone at the convention site. Outside in the park? Yes?
What could go wrong?

Here are a few recent headlines, with accompanying links:
"You can't bring a water Gun to Protest at the RNC, but you can bring an AK-47

Despite the city’s temporary bans on items as innocuous as tennis balls and bicycle locks in downtown Cleveland, Ohio state law will allow demonstrators with radically different viewpoints to legally open-carry handguns and rifles as they encounter each other outside the convention. And it’ll be up to a multi-agency police force of thousands of officers, and demonstrators themselves, to keep things from getting violent.

Security officials confident in plans for Cleveland RNC
According to the above article, Cleveland police have set up a tip line:

The opening was pushed up for a tip line for public use. That number (800-225-5324) is set up to report suspicious activity.

The cities of Cincinatti and Columbus have withdrawn their pledges to send officers to augment Cleveland's forces, citing insurance concerns.
link

As activists prepare to protest the RNC, the FBI comes knocking

To the protesters, please, keep your cool.
To the law enforcement officers, please, keep your cool.
To all, be safe.

Holding scheduled, free, safe elections of our representatives is what makes our nation special---don't jeopardize this.

edit on 7/15/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Don't you think the Reserves, NG, DHS, and private contractors are waiting in the wings to take care of the malcontents?

Still it's going to be a cluster ____ both inside the convention center and outside.

The nation is so divided the LEOs will have a big job keeping the peace.

edit on 15-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Still it's going to be a cluster ____ both inside the convention center and outside.

Truer words have never been typed.

Here is a list of some of protesters expected, amongst the anticipated 50,000+ visitors:

Stand Together Against Trump
Black Lives Matter
Iraq Veterans Against the War
Citizens for Trump
Tea Partiers for Trump
Bikers for Trump
Truckers for Trump
Patriotic Millionaires
and many others

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
the weekend is going to go through peacefully. and the propaganda machine will fine some new dates and events to push for more violence and divide

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

originally posted by: olaru12

Truer words have never been typed.

Here is a list of some of protesters expected, amongst the anticipated 50,000+ visitors:

Stand Together Against Trump
Black Lives Matter
Iraq Veterans Against the War
Citizens for Trump
Tea Partiers for Trump
Bikers for Trump
Truckers for Trump
Patriotic Millionaires
and many others

I've highlighted all the dangerous groups that love to cause violence. With Bernie supporters getting Berned by Clinton and Sanders, I doubt they'll be there protesting like they were during the campaigns.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It does seem strange that so many republican politicians won`t be attending the convention as well as a lot of entertainers who turned down invitations to the convention,it`s almost like they know something big is going to go down and they want to be as far away from there as possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They should make Hillary Clinton go and stand right beside Trump.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Well if history repeats itself we can expect the National Guard to be present along with various protests over war and racism followed by countless deaths.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The conventions are definitely not soft targets but if crazy's want to be crazy no better place to do it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am not far but far enough away. I sure as hell wouldn't be caught in what I am calling the George Soros Zombie Apocalypse!

Nothing good will come out of agitators attending for the sole purpose of disruption and violence against those attending for political support of a candidate.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I am not far but far enough away. I sure as hell wouldn't be caught in what I am calling the George Soros Zombie Apocalypse!

Nothing good will come out of agitators attending for the sole purpose of disruption and violence against those attending for political support of a candidate.

They loathe people that have a different ideology from them. And they call THOSE people the bigots...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Look at the bright side maybe it will kick so hard it will become the excuse for CW2.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I do hope you are correct.

I'm all for protests, but the senseless violence just floors me. How is that supposed to help your cause? If an individual cannot control their emotions, they also lose the ability to positively sway opinions.

What I really don't want to see, is Americans staying home for fear of a terrorist attack. Then the coward bastards will have truly
won.

P.s. I'll check on this thread later. I'm out to catch pokemon run errands.
Thanks for everyone's responses.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is the link for the state seating chart at the convention. Ohio, as the host state, seems a bit snubbed; on the stage, but with a poor view.
Guam has a closer location than North Carolina, most of Texas, Colorado and the District of Columbia.

Hmmm, this is embarrassingly problematic; found inside the RNC in Cleveland. Optics matter, people!
twitter

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Cleveland police union president will ask the Ohio governor to ban all open carry of weapons for the week in Cuyahoga county, in light of the Baton Rouge police shootings this morning. fox news

What else in news concerning the RNC in Cleveland? 700 officers from around the nation were sworn in yesterday, for RNC duties in Ohio.

The Cleveland police chief said this morning, 'So far, so good'

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
we will find out for certain if trump is a leader or divider

this could be his path to the potus or road to ruin

we will see what he is made of

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Cleveland, it's the Elephants graveyard for the GOP; where the Grand ole Party of Lincoln is going to die.

btw....this was told to me by a high level big dog in our states Republican party.

edit on 17-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well this is certainly an awkward way to begin

July 18th:

Jamiel Shaw Sr, whose son was killed by an undocumented immigrant and who supports stronger border control
Senator Tom Cotton
Rudy Giuliani
Trump's wife, Melania
Sen. Joni Ernst

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Underwhelming, to say the least.

After, the total flop VP announcement of Mike Pence earlier this week, the RNC has set the bar pretty low for 'wow' factor.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This NBC news article lays out the security in Cleveland for this week by the numbers.

Here are a few of interest:

• $50 million dollars; 30 mil for personel, 20 million for equipment.
  • 10,000 extra sets of plastic handcuffs
  • 2,000 new sets of riot gear
  • 1,000 empty beds available in the event of mass arrests
  • 58 groups granted permits for marches/protests
  • Zero weapons allowed within inner ring of Secret Service security zone. Guns are allowed (open carry) inside the 5 mile long parade route/event zone/Public square or "Speaker's Platform," Willard Park, Perk Plaza and Mall "A"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join