It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is the "best country in the world"-- Which countries might be better in some ways.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not creating this thread to tick anyone off or anything, and im grateful for having the privilege of living in the USA, and there are some things I really love about it. That being said, Americans often tout it as being the best country in the world, and I just want some ideas about some countries that may give er' a run for her money.
My list goes as follows: (In no particular order)
1. Australia
2. Sweden
3. Norway
4. Denmark
5. Germany
6. France
7. Spain
8. Switzerland
9. Austria
10. Japan

Honorable mentions: Puerto Rico and South Korea.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Afghanistan.

Once you get bombed back to the Stone Age the only place to go is up.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Virgin Islands look cool so do NZ and Austrailia

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

this is the best undercover troll thread ive seen in a while.

here comes the country bashing in 3....2.....

ill bite

i think new zealand would be fun or japan i want to go to the suicide forest
edit on 14-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
I don't want any country bashing in here.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I don't want any country bashing in here.

So this is not the thread to mention I would not go back to England until Crazyewok and Nonspecific get deported?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
lol you wouldn't want them ruining your fine British experience

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think Wales is the best 😃
2nd line a reply to: Mousygretchen

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I lived in US, Japan, and Philippines and been to most of the countries on the list and yes the US is the best. Although, Australia and Luxembourg are really good countries I have been to and wouldn't mind living there.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder
Thanks for your input.. its enlightening as I have never stepped foot out of the usa.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I'd have to throw in Italy. I lived in Italy for years and I can tell you that of all the Euro countries, the food is by far and away the absolute over the top best in Italy. Also the quality of life in Italy is unequaled; now....the standard of living leaves something to be desired, but lets face it.......when you're sitting out in a cafe on a cool evening and watching a parade of Sophia Loren look-a-likes...............who gives a crap about standard of living?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Nice.. I would probably want to live in Milano or Florence.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What!...no love for Canada??

It's the igloo thing, right?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I would love to go to Australia some time.. I've always had a thing for it, but I've never left the US.
It's probably the only country I could possibly consider living in outside the US. I kinda just like it here.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
I like it here too.. Some regions more than others! Like the west coast.. More tolerant people there it seems. And I love the idea of south florida.

Did you get deployed while in the Army?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
lol its not that cold there.. but the north acutally may be. I love the idea of Vancouver.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I went to Georgia, Ft Benning, Atlanta, some small place that started with a C, and then I was off to FT Bliss in Texas, but it was not so.

I was discharged during training.

I love my pocket of cool places college towns around here, but NC itself is getting on my nerves.

I'm working 2 jobs and working everyday so in a couple months I'll have a lot of money saved up. I was thinking I'd get a car, but maybe I'll make a trip first??
edit on 14-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Japans way worth a visit.

Wouldnt say its better than the USA.

Dont get me wrong , the standard of living is amazing there.

But there culture is very diffrent. Not worse, just diffrent. Individual freedom is less valued with the community placed a lot higher. Very diffrent from Anglo-American culture. Depends what your into.

Germany at the moment not very safe. Bavaria is beautiful and the german people lovely and they enjoy a extremely high standard of living but the refugee flood made some of the big cities less than safe.

France same as the above but also depends were you go too as french people in the north like paris can be dicks to tourists.....well british and American ones in particular.
In tje south of france though than changes and they are brilliant.

Spain? Well its ok. But find it abit grubby ands its not the richest of EU states.

Cant comment on the others as havent been to them.

As for UK? Its ok. Nearest i can describe it to a American is Its pretty much like new york in weather, standard of living and people. Your just less likely to be summary executed by the police.
End of the day UK not bad but there are countrys on your list probably better or at least more intresting.
edit on 14-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Aww to the first couple sentences..
Yeah Richmond is pretty awesome in a boho hippy chic kind of way.. I really like it there. We have a little bit of that around here as well.

A trip could be cool.... I would just advise you to perhaps be spendthrift. A decent car will last you a long time if you get regular repairs as they come up.
Savannah Georgia is supposed to be quite beautiful and pristine...

<<   2  3 >>

join