It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speaks at Dallas Memorial....About Black Injustice by Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So any time someone tries to have a frank, honest and open dialogue about race in America it turns into "RACE BAITER!" finger-pointing.

I'm fine with that discussion happening, just not at a memorial service for slain police officers.

Jeez dude even Obama was saying we've come a long way. It's certainly not perfect, and some discussion should certainly happen especially concerning the higher sentencing being doled out (that's probably more to do with criminal history) but cops aren't hunting black people in the streets like BLM would have the country believe. Yes, there are problems with policing and racism.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Are you smoking something?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

. Yes, there are problems with policing and racism.

This is so only about the policing problem though

Saying black & white would be like having politicians make a speech from the right and the left

it would be like..

putting pepsi cola in your coca cola

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's as if the message is the officers were murdered as punishment and payback and it's now being sanctioned by O.

O., it was not the time and place!!

If I was a relative of one of those killed I would have been livid.

Good grief!!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As per terms and conditions, and also because I think your opinion here is the reason for your question:

mostly tobacco in specific legislative areas

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm no Bush fan, in fact I could not look at or listen to him when he was in the White House, but I can agree his speech was better than O.'s.

I didn't watch the whole ceremony, only these few clips posted in this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

He appears to be high on something. I'm not so sure it's Adrenalin.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
a reply to: ketsuko

As per terms and conditions, and also because I think your opinion here is the reason for your question:

mostly tobacco in specific legislative areas

I ask mainly because I am having a hard time making heads or tails of what you are saying, no other reason.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I wish I was a Dallas police officer...that I might have been able to present my resignation DIRECTLY to the POTUS.

What an asshat Obama is. And people say Trump shouldn't be president. I invite them to look at the idiot we have now.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm left wondering if there is context missing, as in the rest of the speech where perhaps he spoke about the horror and heartbreak of the violence and why the officers should not have been murdered?

But leave it to the SIWs (social injustice warriors) to find something to bash the Pres with, until the next daily topic of FOOBAR (Faux Obama Outrage By Abhorrent Racists). Acronyms are fun (AAF).

The guy could literally not make his detractors happy in any way, no matter what he said or did.

And really, if he didn't mention the reason for the murders of those officers, that would be seen as ducking the issues and there would've been a thread on that.

edit on 7/12/2016 by Baddogma because: typo in acronym = confusion

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
So pointing out racial bias is being divisive?

So...we're just supposed to ignore the elephant in the room and hope it goes away? Put out heads in the sand like we've been doing, pretend like there's no problem?

The elephant in the room is the glaring statistics that folks like you and your media pretend don't exist.

I'm white and even I can see there's a real problem. Failure to acknowledge it is a far bigger crime.

What does this even mean? You're white so it's ok to label people racist because of their skin color? We're all supposed to buy in to your paranoid delusion because "white people"?

Which statistics are those?

The one where most races (except Asians) do drugs at similar rates (Figure 2.12)?
The one where blacks are arrested for drug offenses at much higher rates compared to whites?
Something else you had in mind?

edit on 20Tue, 12 Jul 2016 20:35:09 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

There is no missing context that would excuse what he said.

And really, if he didn't mention the reason for the murders of those officers, that would be seen as ducking the issues and there would've been a thread on that.

Did you hear the speech Bush gave? Much better. Obama could have said something along the lines of a crazy asshole murdered these people while they were protecting the rights of others in cold blood and we can't let that kind of division stand in our midst.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The reason for those shootings in Dallas was because of a RACIST,terrorist blm sympathizer.

People have a RIGHT to be displeased with the actions of a FAUX president.
edit on 12-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm surprised nobody has blamed Bush yet.

He must have made Obama talk like he did.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I remember how Obama acted at Mandela's funeral.

Selfies and flirting. Michelle getting all pissed off.

lol, and that crazy dude doing the deaf thing.

Obviously the guy has no respect for anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yep, Michelle had a better sense of propriety than Obama and the chick he was acting out with on that occasion.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 12-7-2016 by Maluhia because: Tried to edit but double posted

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
His words were clear, but his actions seal it -- just so disrespectful on so many levels.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: neo96

I heard he was drinking or partying or whatever and no one could really figure out what Bush was up to. I'll have to watch it when I have the time.

Obama was making jokes. I heard it live on the radio.

It's so incredibly obvious that people are in denial about racism in America, and will do anything to ignore it and deny that it exists. No one wants to be a bad person, and everyone has to pick a side. So any time someone tries to have a frank, honest and open dialogue about race in America it turns into "RACE BAITER!" finger-pointing.

One thing you've never considered is that you're the racist and you're supporting the racists. Not even possible, right?

And maybe YOU'RE the racist for calling ME racist!

And we can go around in circles for days and days like this.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

His constant self-references are far more disturbing than the tin ear he has about what is appropriate to say in such a venue.

Nearly as disturbing was the dancing/movements of the previous U.S. President Bush and his strikingly inappropriate smiling. I suspect he was either extremely over-medicated or is suffering from some form of organic mental impairment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join