It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a white canucks thoughts on BLM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: InTheLight

When a specific group is highly overrepresented in crime is it not merely a rational response to be more suspicious towards them?

If not in this case when is profiling warranted if at all?

I think the 'rational response' needs to be looked at more closely, such as what precipitated that officer to stop and question that person. My brother-in-law was doing household chores, in broad daylight, in front of his (upper middle class) home (upper class neighbourhood), when he was questioned by police as to what he was doing there. Where is the rationale?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebodyWhy should all the focus and sympathy be all biased to black folk. Or thew whining "we're black and have been discriminated against, you didn't help us after Katrina so therefore we'll use this as an excuse to escalate blacks being put on".
Now what did you here from the white folks who were in just the same situation. Yes they moaned (with good reason including black people) that not enough was done to help them in the crisis. Did the white folk make a country wide excuse like the black folk? No, they pulled their socks up and did something about it and repaired what was broke.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Could this atrocity be a huge (but silent) contributor to the current situation?

I'm not saying whether or not it's a good thing, or even if it's justified, it's just a question about contributing factors to the current situation. There's no need to be so immediately combative.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: TheBulk

My media sources were far more limited when these event were unfolding.

I also remember hearing about hordes of people being locked in a sports dome...

Yeah thanks to their black mayor.

would you also say that about a white mayor, or just look around for another black person that had some authority to blame

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I see your point.. I don't have the answers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join