It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Attitude?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So my brother moved from Canada to the States about 10 years ago. Tennessee, just outside Knoxville. He recently related a story to me that I found odd:

My brother's neighbour was having a hard time with his neighbour, whereas his neighbour's dog was barking day and night. Brother's neighbour spoke to his neighbour telling him that the dog's constant barking was causing stress for him and his family, and was there please something that he could do about it. Brother's neighbour's neighbour tells him to F-off. Brother's neighbour calls police about dog's constant barking. Police show up and speak to neighbour with dog. Officer comes back to my brother's neighbour and tells him that he isn't going to do anything about the dog, and that my brother's neighbour should do whatever he needs to do.

Next day, said dog wanders onto my brother's neighbour's property off-leash. My brother's neighbour pulls his .45 and shoots the dog dead. Neighbour with dog calls the cops. Cops come and tell the owner of the dog that he should have done something about the dog's barking, and the officer left, and that was the end of it.

Is this the normal matter in which American's deal with problems? Is this a normal reaction from the police in such a situation? Just wondering what my American neighbours think?
edit on 10-7-2016 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

It depends on the state as the laws may vary for just about every aspect of your anecdotal story.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a tight knit family.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Knoxville Tennessee, you say?

Que the 'you must be a redneck' jokes.

Lots of rural folk in these here states, they settle things among themselves.

As it should be.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
50 states. Each one is different. And within each of those states are smaller microcosms of existence.

Far too many misconceptions and generalizations are made and perpetuated by Hollywood, the media, and politics.

That's like saying Jelly Bellys are terrible candy... when you've only ever had the Licorice.

edit on 10-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Knoxville Tennessee, you say?

Que the 'you must be a redneck' jokes.

Lots of rural folk in these here states, they settle things among themselves.

As it should be.

Knoxville Tennessee, yes. Sevierville, Sevier county. I have been there a few times. Lots of pick-up trucks and gun-racks.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Had the same problem here in Ontario. No gun but you'd be amazed at what you can do this a bottle of Tabasco sauce mixed with cayanne pepper.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
No gun but you'd be amazed at what you can do this a bottle of Tabasco sauce mixed with cayanne pepper.

You crazy Canadians, Tabasco sauce is cayenne peppers.

Probably put that stuff on your poutine....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No gun but you'd be amazed at what you can do this a bottle of Tabasco sauce mixed with cayanne pepper.

Yeah but it's course and hangs on.

Some may think that's inhumane but after 2 years of being in bed 12 hours to get 6 hours of broken sleep you have to do something if no one else is willing to.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yah, the local yokels are like, whaddya bug me with this stuff for?

Anyone who has known anyone in a rural community before, like a single mountain road that ends in dirt kind with shacks along it, knows how they resent outside folk telling em what to do.

Its a one bar, one store, one cop town and we aim to keep it that away.

Real Americans.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Anyone who has known anyone in a rural community before, like a single mountain road that ends in dirt kind with shacks along it, knows how they resent outside folk telling em what to do.

Real Americans.

Ya, so the last time I was there, me and my brother get all drunked up on Budweiser. He says, "Lets take a drive up to the mountains." So we all pile into his his Jeep, (no top, no doors, so we can see everything.) His wife, who has not been drinking, drives. So we drive up into the Smoky mountains. What I see is unbelievable to me. Old houses with old wrecked '30s cars on the front of the property. Wrap around porches with old guys sitting in rocking chairs with shotguns in their laps and old hound-dogs lying down in front of them. The strangest thing was that they all waved at us as we drove by. They all looked the same, except some had tits, and some did not. I kid you not!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I live in Knoxville, I have a .45, I like it nice and quiet. Any questions, I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

SHooting the dog is illegal most anywhere in the US, unless its causing issues. Disarming a firearm in a city is usually a no-no, too.

but a barking dog....what would you do to stop it? Dogs bark. Its what they do. In our community, the police will point out that you can ask the dog to be quiet, but it probably won't work, then they'll leave.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Never met a dog that reacted to hot foods.

but in the eyes/nose.....different matter. Pepper spray is very effective on dogs.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799

What I see is unbelievable to me. Old houses with old wrecked '30s cars on the front of the property. Wrap around porches with old guys sitting in rocking chairs with shotguns in their laps and old hound-dogs lying down in front of them. The strangest thing was that they all waved at us as we drove by.

Sounds like Hills Have Eyes film lol.

They all looked the same, except some had tits, and some did not. I kid you not!
.. Brilliant made me laugh.

edit on 10-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799

Real Americans.

Ya, so the last time I was there, me and my brother get all drunked up on Budweiser. He says, "Lets take a drive up to the mountains." So we all pile into his his Jeep, (no top, no doors, so we can see everything.) His wife, who has not been drinking, drives. So we drive up into the Smoky mountains. What I see is unbelievable to me. Old houses with old wrecked '30s cars on the front of the property. Wrap around porches with old guys sitting in rocking chairs with shotguns in their laps and old hound-dogs lying down in front of them. The strangest thing was that they all waved at us as we drove by.

Sounds like Hills Have Eyes/Wrong Turn film lol.

They all looked the same, except some had tits, and some did not. I kid you not!

This made me laugh big style lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Pepper spray is very effective on dogs.

Not doubt. I was just having some fun with Jean Chretien who wanted to put more cayenne in his cayenne.

(And I did get where he was going with that)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

SHooting the dog is illegal most anywhere in the US, unless its causing issues. Disarming a firearm in a city is usually a no-no, too.

but a barking dog....what would you do to stop it? Dogs bark. Its what they do. In our community, the police will point out that you can ask the dog to be quiet, but it probably won't work, then they'll leave.

Ya, this wasn't in the city. Funny thing is that the cop actually told the guy to do whatever he needs to do. Then after the neighbour shot the dog, he told the dog's owner that he should have shut the dog up.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
But you forget leash laws , the dog was "threatening" me defense. Recall , the dog got loose.Open season at that point .
Had to use that one once upon a time on a dog that had already gotten loose and bit a child in the neighborhood.

edit on 7/10/16 by Gothmog because: added to not sound so cruel

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join