It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

overshadowing the news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It appears that when the Obama/Clinton administration gets in the cross hairs, a horrible event develops and news reports are shifted to another emergency. I was looking forward to discussions after the FBI interview with congress. I wanted other insight and information that I might have missed. Now there is no readily available updated information because of the shooting in Dallas.

I regret that people were killed and hurt. What has occurred in Dallas is horrible and it is very newsworthy. But I find it a repeat of other scandals. Our attention is being redirected by shocking events. It just seem staged because it happens so often.

The media will probably never get back to the E-mail scandal. We may not know what becomes of the other investigations currently ongoing with the Clintons. Caught part of a report in regards to a Florida politician being arrested for fraud and nothing repeated on the news again. I usually have the news tuned in while busy around the house and not always free to jump on the net and research topics of interest. Of course later I forget. An uninformed public is easily influenced.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: searching411

Smoke and mirrors... you said it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
It appears that when the Obama/Clinton administration gets in the cross hairs, a horrible event develops and news reports are shifted to another emergency.

I don't doubt it... so who wants to step up and conduct an actual investigation that correlates dates and events and create a nice shiny info graphic for the social media hounds.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I usually try to avoid getting into these kind of discussions, but, it is getting weird.

Did you see the video of the shooting of the guy in the car? In my opinion, that felt soooooo staged. Right down to what the little kid said. They just film it, the girlfriend does nothing to help her boyfriend, and the cop does nothing to help him and stands there talking like an idiot, and throw in the sad little girl in the back seat.

It may very well be true, but if you were going to stage something that you KNEW would rile up the public enough and cause riots, this would be it. Put together with the shooting earlier of the other guy - maybe that did not get enough public reaction, so they took it to the next level?

Seriously, I usually just disregard theories like I just laid out when they come from other people, because it seems too bizarre.

But some powerful, scary people are facing some very bad news leading the headlines, and they needed that to change.

And, there is the guns. It was the fault of the guns, don't you know. There is that.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's just an observation and opinion. I have no need to verify, it will make no difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: searching411

There are plenty of good sources such as BBC and Al Jazeera, however the latter is dismissed because it sounds too 'muslimy' despite the fact that it is impartial unlike other broadcasters *cough cough RT cough cough FOX cough cough*

top topics

join